Cero Books AJ Style's WWE Debut

The sky is the limit
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Books AJ Style's WWE Debut

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '16, 19:59

Straight up, I don't like how WWE is running AJ Style's debut, and since I'm an arrogant smark that hates everything nice, I'm gonna book my own.
CERO BOOKS: THE PHENOMENAL WWE YEAR OF AJ STYLES
I'm going to try and not change the past that much, and I'll work with the current injuries in WWE. I'm making the assumption that WWE hires some competent jobbers so that 50/50 booking is not a thing anymore. Whoever fights Styles at PPVs will NOT have singles matches against him during the build up month, prior to that month or afterwards, i don't mind it. I'll start with week to week details, but later on I'll just go with the direction that Style's career could take.

After NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom, it is rumored that AJ Styles is coming to WWE. He finishes his rounds in NJPW, passes the torch to Zack Sabre Jr, and says goodbye to the ROH fans along with the BC. WWE is indeed acknowledging the rumors just like it happened.

Fast forward...

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016
Instead of AJ entering at 3, he'll enter at 5. Entrants 2, 3, and 4 are Rusev, Axel, and Jericho. Reigns eliminates Rusev and Axel before Jericho comes out so they can sale that Reigns is all business tonight. Jericho comes out and is being the typical douchy rockstar that he is, pulls some moves on Reigns trying to be the center of attention, all in a face like behavior, everyone is chanting for Jericho. Number 5 buzzer rings and suddenly Reigns and Jericho stop fighting to see who it is. This time the camera does cut to the titantron and Styles gets a better pop that both Jericho and Reigns, and the fans start chanting for Styles instead. We'll eliminate Styles in the same way using Owens. We can't change the aptitude of the announcing team, so we'll have to use their reaction.

on RAW, we have a backstage segment with Vince and Steph meeting Styles, they welcome Styles, say that they were impressed by the reaction fans had last night about him, and mention that he would surely be considered for the Fastlane match, but they're still working out the finals things of his contract. They mention that rather lets make your singles debut a marquee match for the PPV. An hour later is announced that Styles will be the special guest for Jericho's podcast right after RAW two weeks from today.

Next RAW, in either a backstage segment or a pre-taped video, we get footage of Styles singing his WWE contract and Styles says that he would like to challenge someone for his first match, Steph suggest he should do it during Jericho's podcast.

Next RAW, Styles and Jericho are off the show, until the podcast. We will use the podcast for two things. (1) Familiarize the fans on who is AJ Styles, and (2) plant some seeds. During the podcast, without really getting confrontational, Styles will say that he has been in the ring with most of the best wrestlers in the world, captured titles all over the world, I've been in the ring with guys like Sting (sorry WWE, we can't ignore TNA here), and not many can claim that in WWE, and I'd love to get to wrestle guys like Cena or Brock Lesnar one day, to all of this Jericho is still acting friendly, but you can tell that sometimes, he interrupts Styles to put over the time he was in Japan or how he also got to wrestle Lesnar and Cena before. To end the podcast, Styles announces that he would like to have his in ring debut against a man who's career is very similar, who had wrestler all over the world before coming to WWE, who started in the lower card and grew to become a great wrestler, a guy who gave him some trouble at the rumble, and was just dying to get a one on one with, and that guy is.....Neville. Without saying anything you can tell that Jericho thought he was gonna pick him. I want to believe that this actually puts Neville over.

Next RAW Neville has a match, after that match Neville says that he is honored to be Style's first WWE opponent, but don't think you're gonna have it easy.

FASTLANE
AJ Styles defeats Neville after an awesome match. Styles gets all his moves over.

Next RAW, Styles defeats [Insert Social Outcast].

Next RAW, Jericho defeats the same outcast, after the match, Jericho cuts a promo saying every time he comes back, he hears everyone chanting for him, but ever since the Rumble, the name everyone chants is AJ Styles. He talks like HE was traveling the world, fighting in Japan and Mexico, winning titles all over the place for a loong time, but he wants Wrestlemania 32 to be special, he wants to give the dream match that every fan wants to see. He wants, for the first time EVEEER, The Highlight of the Night vs The Phenomenal One. Styles vs Jericho AT WRESTLEMANIA!!! AJ immediately comes out and accepts.

The next three RAWs, we'll just see Jericho and Styles have decisive wins, including Jericho defeating Neville and Styles defeating whoever fought Jericho at FastLane. The third night they'll cut backstage promos at each other. Styles will say that he is here to prove that he is the best and will not stop at nothing until he wins the WWE world title, Jericho will cut a promo saying pretty much the same thing, but say something like Jericho doesn't need this match, but AJ does and i'm giving it to him.

During this time, AJ has a special appearance in NXT Takeover. While at backstage, AJ and Joe cross paths, they say hello to each other.

WRESTLEMANIA 32
For the first time ever. Jericho vs Styles. Styles defeats Jericho after a long awesome battle.
After WM, Jericho is supposed to leave in May, but instead leaves earlier or does some other comedy stuff.
Other matches for WM include Lesnar vs Bray, Taker vs Owens, Show/Kane/Ryback vs Wyatts, Kalisto vs Breeze vs Ziggler, Del Rio vs Ambrose, Rusev/Sheamus vs Usos/ vs New Day, just trying to fill out the card.

After this, we'll start a dream match run with Styles. In my mind, the title scene needs to stay Triple H vs Roman Reigns up until Rollins can come back and feud with Triple H, Ambrose doesn't turn heel, but we can get Hunter using Sheamus, Owens, Lesnar, and others to feud with Reigns. The point here is that Styles is not challenging for the title because he's not worthy, rather we'll make it seem like he's being kept waay too busy.

Among the feuds I would book:

EXTREME RULES
The First feud I would move AJ to is another dream match of mine. AJ Styles vs Alberto del Rio. Have Alberto call out AJ, "You and I are not that different from each other", and "hey Perro, you say you were the best in Japan, we'll I'm the best in Mexico, how bout we see how the best is here in WWE".

PAYBACK
This time, it's Owens who calls out Styles for a 'indie darling title'. Styles defeats Owens at the PPV. Around this time Joe is asked about his long time friend AJ Styles and what he thinks of him in the main roster.

MONEY IN THE BANK
Styles is in the MITB match for the title shot, while he is getting close to winning, out of nowhere Samoa Joe jumps the rail and pushed his ladder off. Takes out Styles and Kevin Owens wins it.
Next RAW, Styles calls out Joe, Joe cuts a promo saying something similar to Owens when he debuted. "It's bullshit that you have to go to NXT like I did, it's bullshit that you're having matches in Wrestlemania and I'm not, and i'll be dammed if I allow you become a world champion before I do"

BATTLEGROUND
Samoa Joe defeats Styles whensuddenly Christopher Daniels jumps the rail..... sorry, I was getting derailed. Samoa Joe's protege Baron Corbin debuts and helps Joe win. In the build up to Summerslam, Karl Anderson will debut in the main roster as Style's backup against Corbin.

SUMMERSLAM 2016
Styles w/Anderson def Joe w/Corbin. Corbin can defeat Anderson in their own match.
Also in this PPV, Ambrose captures the title from Roman Reigns, fair and square as a face, kinda like Bryan vs Reigns. Rollins returns on this show, super babyface and says he's back for his title. In tomorrow's RAW, babyface Finn Balor will debut.

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS
This night being Night of Champions, Styles and Anderson find themselves challenging for the tag titles against The Dudleyz (yes, they won the titles) and Joe/Corbin. Joe and Corbin win the titles, but as they're celebrating, a huge man appears wearing a mask and stands in the apron, Joe and Styles kinda stare down at him, and from behind Corbin attacks Joe and Anderson turns on Styles, the man unmasks to reveal Gallows, who takes Joe's tag title. This group puts Styles and Joe through tables. They help Bully Ray to his feet and reform Aces and 8s, but before anything, Gallows takes him out. We now hear Balor's breath song, he makes his way down to the ring and the Balor Club stands tall over the bodies of their enemies.

HELL IN A CELL
Styles misses HIAC due to 'injury' caused by the Balor Club. Dudleyz lose against Corbin/Gallows. Balor wins some match too.
Rollins defeats Triple H in their blow off, i'd like a stipulation like if Rollins wins, Triple H is out of power and a new GM is to be set, and if Hunter wins, Rollins is banished, but i fear it would spoil the winner.
In this show and NOC, Ambrose is slowly becoming Gollum and retaining his title via not so face ways.

SURVIVOR SERIES
Balor Club (Balor, Anderson, Gallows, and Corbin) clean sweep over Dudleyz, and someone else, not Dreamer, but maybe Rhino.
Ambrose didn't defend since he was in an SS match.

The next RAW, as Balor Club is celebrating their clean sweep at SS, AJ Styles makes his return and challenges the Balor Club at TLC to a TLC match. In the build up to TLC, Styles will need backup against the Balor Club, he brings out three men that more than hating him, hate Balor. Samoa Joe, and the team of Cesaro and Sami Zayn. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I was also considering Austin Aries or Owens. I just wanted a NJPW reunion vs ROH reunion, but i'm not sure of a Steenerico reunion is to soon.

TLC
Team Styles def Balor Club in a 4-on-4 TLC match. Gallows takes the pin.
After Hell in a Cell, Rollins had come out to celebrate finally defeating Triple H, he'll say that now that business is over, it's time for him to get what belongs to him. Not sure who he works with at TLC, but he's already promoting the Rumble.
Ambrose retains at whatever match he had against Reigns.

ROYAL RUMBLE 2017
Rollins wins the rumble, Styles is in the final 6, eliminates Anderson, but Balor eliminates him from behind. Rollins vs Balor are the final two. Reigns wins the title from Ambrose in a last man standing match. Ambrose is pretty much going to pull a Shawn Michaels like with Triple H and Benoit and add himself into the match at WM.

FASTLANE
AJ Styles defs Karl Anderson. After winning, Styles calls out Balor and points at the WM sign.

WRESTLEMANIA 33
Finn Balor and his Balor Club defeats AJ Styles. By this point you may realize that i've killed the stupid Demon Balor gimmick for now, it's not something he should use as a heel.
Also in this WM. Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns for the title, giving Rollins his big babyface win. Taker retires vs Cena, Cesaro and Owens capture the tag titles

SUMMERSLAM 2018
AJ Styles vs John Cena is the marquee
Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins for the title

WRESTLEMANIA 34
Roman Reigns vs John Cena finally happens.

This took me way too much, for some reason it got in my head that I should book the title seen too even if we didn't use it at WM33, but at the end i think i managed for the most part to give Styles some top notch matches. Let's face it, he's 38, he may not get a chance to be on top for long time, so let's get the most out as soon as we can. I did try to leave Orton, Cena, Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose for 2017, plus the rest of the NXT guys.

Big Red Machine

Re: Cero Books AJ Style's WWE Debut

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '16, 14:27

I'm not going to lie... you lost me the moment that Corbin turned on Joe even though they had just won the tag titles together. It felt like a very forced way to get to indy/puro faction warfare.
I do like the idea of Ambrose going all Gollum on the WWE Title. I think there is an interesting story to tell there with him and Rollins now in reversed roles.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 27th, '16, 14:41

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm not going to lie... you lost me the moment that Corbin turned on Joe even though they had just won the tag titles together. It felt like a very forced way to get to indy/puro faction warfare.
I do like the idea of Ambrose going all Gollum on the WWE Title. I think there is an interesting story to tell there with him and Rollins now in reversed roles.
not gonna lie, that was super forced, i really wanted that Aces and 8s spot that obviously makes no sense. However, i do like the idea or Corbin being Joe protege and the idea of Corbin being part of Balor Club. my original idea is that he could be a perfect protege to American Badass Undertaker. I also like the idea of Corbin as tag champ within a stable, but i just pushed him in since i wasn't going to book other stuff. But aside from that stuff, the idea of Balor Club vs Styles should happen, and there's no reason why Styles could have an indie darlin team. You have to throw a bone to the smaks every now and then

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '16, 14:49

cero2k wrote: not gonna lie, that was super forced, i really wanted that Aces and 8s spot that obviously makes no sense.
And that's the sort of thing that drives me nuts.
cero2k wrote: However, i do like the idea or Corbin being Joe protege, my original idea is that he could be a perfect protege to American Badass Undertaker. I also like the idea of Corbin as tag champ within a stable, but i just pushed him in since i wasn't going to book other stuff. But aside from that stuff, the idea of Balor Club vs Styles should happen, and there's no reason why Styles could have an indie darlin team. You have to throw a bone to the smaks every now and then
IMO being part of a stable or being anyone's protege goes against Corbin's established loner character.

I'm not saying that the Balor Club isn't a good idea, but I disagree that throwing a bone to the smarks requires forcing together an indy dream team for them to feud with.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 27th, '16, 15:00

Big Red Machine wrote:
IMO being part of a stable or being anyone's protege goes against Corbin's established loner character.
the loner thing is something that never got super established until Breaking Groud, the taker thing i had in mind for Survivor Series, plus we know NXT gimmicks don't mean squat in the main roster

I'm not saying that the Balor Club isn't a good idea, but I disagree that throwing a bone to the smarks requires forcing together an indy dream team for them to feud with.
it all depends if you have the intention of using Anderson and Gallows as something or just heaters for Balor. I rather they be something, and so, there needs to eventually be a stable vs stable thing. And the indie stable was only a one time thing for TLC anyway

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '16, 18:41

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
the loner thing is something that never got super established until Breaking Groud, the taker thing i had in mind for Survivor Series, plus we know NXT gimmicks don't mean squat in the main roster

While Corbin's loner thing wasn't established until Breaking Ground, it fits in perfectly with Corbin as he has been presented since his debut, so why not use it?
NXT gimmicks don't matter on the main roster: Except for Tyler Breeze. And Charlotte. And Becky. And Sasha. And Paige. And Adam Rose. And Kevin Owens...

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 27th, '16, 19:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
While Corbin's loner thing wasn't established until Breaking Ground, it fits in perfectly with Corbin as he has been presented since his debut, so why not use it?
NXT gimmicks don't matter on the main roster: Except for Tyler Breeze. And Charlotte. And Becky. And Sasha. And Paige. And Adam Rose. And Kevin Owens...

going by that list, i should have rephrased it 'nxt wrestlers don't matter in the main roster'

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '16, 20:06

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

going by that list, i should have rephrased it 'nxt wrestlers don't matter in the main roster'
Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Paige, Owens. That's five out of seven.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation