You're 2011 Wishlist.

The sky is the limit
ECWFlairfan

Re: You're 2011 Wishlist.

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 20th, '11, 08:25

Big Red Machine wrote:Sure you do. Russo and Ferrara would bring Cornette & Heyman's great show down to decent.
Not necessarily true, Russo & Ferrara's writing is what made the Attitude Era great... Although I think the titles changed hands too much I remember actually caring about most people on the card... If Edge, Christian, & the HArdys had to climb from where they started back then in today's WWE then they would have been released after not being on TV for 6 months... but thanks to Russo & Ferrara (w/ help from Vince McMahon), all 4 are former champions: Edge (WWE, WWE World), Christian (NWA), Jeff Hardy (WWE, WWE World, TNA), Matt Hardy (WWE-ECW)

My point is, with the right surroundings, these 4 would be a promoter's dream booking team...all 4 have the potential to make GREAT contributions... if they don't kill each other...

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 20th, '11, 10:22

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sure you do. Russo and Ferrara would bring Cornette & Heyman's great show down to decent.

Quote of the week!

True too.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 20th, '11, 10:27

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Sure you do. Russo and Ferrara would bring Cornette & Heyman's great show down to decent.
Not necessarily true, Russo & Ferrara's writing is what made the Attitude Era great... Although I think the titles changed hands too much I remember actually caring about most people on the card... If Edge, Christian, & the HArdys had to climb from where they started back then in today's WWE then they would have been released after not being on TV for 6 months... but thanks to Russo & Ferrara (w/ help from Vince McMahon), all 4 are former champions: Edge (WWE, WWE World), Christian (NWA), Jeff Hardy (WWE, WWE World, TNA), Matt Hardy (WWE-ECW)

My point is, with the right surroundings, these 4 would be a promoter's dream booking team...all 4 have the potential to make GREAT contributions... if they don't kill each other...
The only people who claim they made the attitude era are them themselves and a few other dilluded characters.

The actions of Shawn Michaels (for which he was fined $10k), And Vince's new heel persona in light of the montreal screwjob... couple that with Stone Cold breaking out...

There were many factors in which the attitude was born & kept alive.

Russo & Ferrara's writing has nothing to do with Edge/Christian/HArdy & Matt Hardy holding titles now...
Edge was ready for the title in 2005 & Russo was with TNA
Christian got his TNA break, when Russo wasn't around
Jeff Hardy held title based on overness & popularity (and somewhat talent) Russo was in TNA
Same with Matt Hardy, Russo was in TNA...

Russo didn't write them as world champions. Ferrara sure as hell didn't write them as World Champions.

They didn't start breaking out as singles stars until that duo had gone from WWE.

I couldn't sit here right now and name 5 GOOD things Russo or Ferrara have ever done for the world of professional wrestling. They've buried themselves over and over.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 20th, '11, 13:34

Lynas wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:

The only people who claim they made the attitude era are them themselves and a few other dilluded characters.

The actions of Shawn Michaels (for which he was fined $10k), And Vince's new heel persona in light of the montreal screwjob... couple that with Stone Cold breaking out...

Russo & Ferrara's writing has nothing to do with Edge/Christian/HArdy & Matt Hardy holding titles now...
Jeff Hardy held title based on overness & popularity (and somewhat talent) Russo was in TNA

Russo didn't write them as world champions. Ferrara sure as hell didn't write them as World Champions.

They didn't start breaking out as singles stars until that duo had gone from WWE.

I couldn't sit here right now and name 5 GOOD things Russo or Ferrara have ever done for the world of professional wrestling. They've buried themselves over and over.
Agreed.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 20th, '11, 17:19

Lynas wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:

My point is that they helped write the storylines that had Edge, Christian, & the Hardys in them that helped get them in the public eye... their talent took it from there... too bad Vince didn't realize Matt was the Hardy he should have given the top titles to instead of Jeff & hasn't yet seemed to realize that Christian deserves to be a World championin WWE...(off the subject briefly, Vince has a LONG history of totally dissing former NWA World champions: Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr, R-Truth, Buddy Rogers, Ron Garvin, Barry Windham, etc...the only one he treated well was Ric Flair)

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 22nd, '11, 13:00

1. For Sheamus to be the dominant heel on RAW [There's plenty of great heels on RAW but I want him to be the main one]

2. CM Punk to NOT make a bloody cult out of Nexus and make it a group that is worthy of fans attention

3. For John Morrison to win his first WWE/Heavy Weight title and have a lengthy run

4. For the Dragon to get a worthy title run besides the IC title

5. For Miz to slap the taste out of Michael Cole's mouth

6. For Jerhicho's third and final coming and to save WWE from Michael Cole...err to save WWE from the hypocrisy

7. For Undertaker to destroy everyone in his way [like he used to]

8. For Kane and Undertaker to team up and prove they are still worthy as a tag team

9. For a REAL tag team division in WWE

10. For HHH to come back and have a GOOD feud with Sheamus

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '11, 16:55

Big Red Machine wrote: 3. Jimmy Jacobs returns to ROH!
Got one right, so far!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 26th, '11, 12:20

cero2k wrote:My 2011 Wishlist.

01. Samoa Joe back in the world title scene in TNA.
02. For Desmond Wolf to return to TV for a lengthy run.
03. For Daffney to return to TV for a lengthy run
04. For a Daniel Bryan/CM Punk feud
05. For Davey Richards to win the ROH World Title.........................check
06. For ANX to win the ROH Tag Team Titles
07. For TNA to retire the KOs Tag Team titles
08. For Christopher Daniels to win the ROH world title
09. For Cena to change his pair of shorts....................................check
10. For Rey Mysterio to take a lengthy time off.............................check
dang, only three...not my year i guess

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 26th, '11, 12:24

Big Red Machine wrote:1. Russo, Hogan, Bischoff gone,& replaced with someone competent.
2. WWE talent allowed more freedom in the ring... seems like it
3. Jimmy Jacobs returns to ROH!... check
4. Cheerleader Melissa in ROH!.
5. A good conclusion to the BDK angle... check
6. Davey Richards as ROH World Champion... check
7. More Nigel McGuinness... check
8. Sheamus def. Triple H at Mania.
9. Low Ki and Austin Aries returning to ROH.
10. Dragon become a main-eventer in WWE... check
6/10!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 21st, '12, 16:19

cero2k wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: 10. For the Royal Rumble winner to be someone that no one actually expects it to be.
Cole: OMG, IT'S EUGENE!!, EUGENE IS BACK AS NO 30!!! OMG MY GOD HE JUST ELIMINATED JOHN CENA!!!
=)) funny. However, you just had Cole saying something that in my head I can only hear being yelled out by J.R.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 21st, '12, 17:03

1. for Petey Williams to be signed to either TNA or WWE.
2. for HHH to not hold any world title in WWE at any time during 2011.
3. for John Morrison to win his first world championship.
4. for Paul Heyman to be granted his wish and be hired to run the whole f'n show at TNA.
5. for John Cena to not hold any world title in WWE at any time during 2011.
6. for ROH to be on a channel that I get so I can see what everybody is raving about.
7. for TNA to go back to being "Total Non-stop Action", the way it was in the first few years.
8. for Jesse Ventura to be hired to replace Taz. If not, at least the return of Don West. OK, somebody! Anybody!
9. more world championship gold for Jack Swagger.
10. more world championship gold for C.M. Punk.

Hmmmm got #2 and #10. Perhaps my hopes were too high.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 25th, '12, 07:40

womenwrestlerfan wrote:10. Get Hogan, Bischoff, Russo and Jeff Jarrett out of TNA
9. Get Michael Cole out of RAW and put him back on SD!
8. Get rid of that Anonymous GM off of RAW and bring back Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman to RAW
7. Get rid of that God Awful Divas Title and WWE Tag Team Titles and bring back the traditional WWE World Tag Team Titles and the WWE Women's Title
6. Bring back the Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight Division in the WWE
5. Bring the NWA back to Television
4. Bring back PRO WRESTLING to TBS
3. No More Nexus on RAW and No More Stables in WWE or TNA
2. Get rid of The Miz and LayCool once and for all
1. Put Randy Orton on SD! and give him a Decent World Heavyweight Title Run
Damn, look how NONE of these happened in full. In hindsight, these seem ridiculous (and they seemed ridiculous at the time as well).
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '12, 13:22

yourcrapsweak wrote:
womenwrestlerfan wrote:10. Get Hogan, Bischoff, Russo and Jeff Jarrett out of TNA
8. Get rid of that Anonymous GM off of RAW and bring back Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman to RAW
7. Get rid of that God Awful Divas Title and WWE Tag Team Titles and bring back the traditional WWE World Tag Team Titles and the WWE Women's Title
Damn, look how NONE of these happened in full. In hindsight, these seem ridiculous (and they seemed ridiculous at the time as well).
that guys history,,even still you cant leave the man alone huh?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '12, 14:42

yourcrapsweak wrote:
He wasn't too far off with some of them. Aside from Vickie, Swagger, & Ziggler, WWE has none, and the closest thing TNA has is Immortal, which has really been reduced to nothing right now. There are some remnants of it, such as Flair, Bischoff and Gunner working together, but other than that, it is irrelevant as a plot point.

Also, I'm pretty sure that some NWA promotion is on TV, but I don't know if that happened in 2011 or 2010

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '12, 14:42

KILLdozer wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
that guys history,,even still you cant leave the man alone huh?
What Dozer said

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 31st, '12, 06:27

Big Red Machine wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:that guys history,,even still you cant leave the man alone huh?
What Dozer said
It doesn't have anything to do with WWF personally actually, it's just I was looking back at all of the predictions from last year and I was like DAMN.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen