Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

The sky is the limit
Post Reply
User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1285
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 31st, '20, 19:51

My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
WWE Royal Rumble 2002
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NJPW Ultimate Crush 2003-4

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19856
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '20, 20:45

NWK2000 wrote:
Aug 31st, '20, 19:51
My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
I don't remember who, but there was an idea of a gimmick for an NXT guy of 'the guy that is being called up', but he/she just keeps having 'goodbye' speeches, but never gets called up. Someone on twitter also brought up the idea of someone who debuts with the gimmick of starting their 'retirement tour'
Image

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1285
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 31st, '20, 22:14

cero2k wrote:
Aug 31st, '20, 20:45
NWK2000 wrote:
Aug 31st, '20, 19:51
My friend and I were reminiscing about how Damien Sandow kept holding off his debut because the crowd was full of simpleton. I then posed the question, "What if he never debuted, ever. Like, what if he just kept doing that for the rest of his career." My friend then decided if we were gonna go stupid, go full stupid. Keep him under a life time contract. This works better in a promotion that could theoretically close, think a small time indy promotion that could close. Have him not debut on the last show, leaving that plot thread forever unresolved.
I don't remember who, but there was an idea of a gimmick for an NXT guy of 'the guy that is being called up', but he/she just keeps having 'goodbye' speeches, but never gets called up. Someone on twitter also brought up the idea of someone who debuts with the gimmick of starting their 'retirement tour'
That sounds like an inverse of how Bo Dallas left NXT. Maybe it was for him?
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
WWE Royal Rumble 2002
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NJPW Ultimate Crush 2003-4

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25258
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '20, 23:32

There were two guys in NXT who got released a few years ago; the "Ealy Brothers" or something like that. But every time they came out, they would get jumped from behind and the match would never happen.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1285
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: Damien Sandow: The Man Who Never Debuts

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 1st, '20, 08:45

Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 31st, '20, 23:32
There were two guys in NXT who got released a few years ago; the "Ealy Brothers" or something like that. But every time they came out, they would get jumped from behind and the match would never happen.
I popped so hard when Samoa Joe destroyed the one. Like, what a way to subvert expectations.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
WWE Royal Rumble 2002
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NJPW Ultimate Crush 2003-4

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests