BRM Reviews the 6/29/2012 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/29/2012 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 3rd, '12, 19:44

AJ vs. LAYLA- no rating. Eh segment.
The roll-up that Layla used requires way too much touching to possibly take the opponent by surprise. I regular school-girl would have done the job much better.

AJ, DRAGON, & VICKIE SEGMENT- Bad. This just felt way too drawn out, and they have really screwed up with this AJ character. Does the WWE Board of Directors really want to create a situation wgere someone might win the WWE Title without really earning it (like, say, because of the actions of a psycho referee)? I also just don’t buy that an enraged crazy AJ wouldn’t jump Dragon from behind.

MITB QULIFYING MATCH: Zack Ryder vs. Damien Sandow- 2.25/10
A three minute match. Not much you can say other than that.

DANIEL BRYAN & KAITLYN BACKSTAGE- eh.

MITB QULIFYING MATCH: Tyson Kidd vs. Jack Swagger- 3.5/10
Decently good action for four minutes. I think they made the right call here having Tyson Kidd win.

DOLPH ZIGGLER & VICKIE GUERRERO BACKSTAGE- eh.

MITB QULIFYING MATCH: Santino Marella & Christian vs. Cody Rhodes & David Otunga- 5.75/10
I think that the wrong team went over. You are already using sixteen guys for two undercard matches. You need to fill out the undercard, and the second-tier champions defending their belts is a good way to do it.

MATT STRIKER INTERVIEWS SHEAMUS- Great promo by Sheamus.

AJ & DRAGON SEGMENT- eh… unless Dragon’s friend the doctor becomes a part of an angle, and the doctor in question is James Bronson, in which case that would be awesome.

RYBACK SQUASH- Apparently Ryback has learned some new moves. I LOLed when the guy tried to run away. Maybe these squashes would seem more impressive if the jobbers didn’t look like I could taken them both on, too.
The most enjoyable part of this was that someone was holding up a sign that said “Need a sign? Why not Zoidberg?”

TEDDY LONG, CESARO, & AKSANA BACKSTAGE- good

MITB QULIFYING MATCH: Justin Gabriel vs. Tensai (w/Sakamoto)- 4/10

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Sheamus(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- 7/10

Overall, a pretty bad episode of Smackdown, saved by a great main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/29/2012 Smackdown

Post by Verdun » Jul 3rd, '12, 21:40

I'm living in mortal terror (not really but you know) that this Tyson Kidd win is a bait and switch like they did to Kaval at Bragging Rights.

I still don't care about Ryback.

Where is my Tensai re-package? It's not coming and I am not happy.

I also noticed the Zoidberg sign and it was glorious.
Lady Luck is smiling...