BRM Reviews the 6/22/2012 Smackdown *SPOILERS*

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/22/2012 Smackdown *SPOILERS*

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 22nd, '12, 12:47

OPENING SEGMENT- GREAT! We not only get our first mention of MITB but we build to Brodus vs. Otunga (hopefully at MITB) and then to Big Show vs. Brodus Clay at SummerSlam. This was just perfectly executed. First Clay takes down Big Show, and now that we know someone can take Show down... Otunga pulls the rug out form under him. GRRR!

RYBACK SQUASH- he asked for three but didn't get three. This is nothing we haven't seen on basically every Raw, Smackdown, and PPV for the last two months.

MICK FOLEY, VICKIE, & OTHERS BACKSTAGE- dumb

CHRISTIAN vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- 6.75/10
Great for a TV match, and great aftermath

Who the hell made AJ the special guest timekeeper? You can't just decide that you want you do it. Someone has to appoint you. The only person with the power to do that who is here right now is Foley. Not only would he likely not do it, but if he did, it should have been shown on TV.

DANIEL BRYAN vs. KANE- 7/10
A great match, but also a perfect example of why it would make no sense at all to put a crazy person in an important position! Kane catching Dragon's headbutt into a goozle was AWESOME!

ZACK RYDER vs. HEATH SLATER- pointless squash. A guy who is already super over squashes a heel who is not over at all and has no heat on him.

FOLEY, RYDER, & SANDOW BACKSTAGE- okay segment.

THE USOS vs. THE PRIME-TIME PLAYERS (w/A.W.)- 3.75/10
Short

THE PRIME TIME PLAYERS BRAWL WITH PRIMO & EPICO- the ref got there WAY too quickly.

SANTINO MARELLA SEGMENT- waste of time

SHEAMUS vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER- 6.75/10
Not good enough for a main event, but darn close.

Overall, a pretty good episode of Smackdown

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
For the first time in a while, we have one of my coveted stupidity double-whammies!
1. Booker T- "I don't know if this is some kind of love triangle, but all of these guys, are intertwined and It's all about one thing right here, and that's AJ"
We can debate the qualifications for what actually makes a love triangle all day long, but the one fact that everybody will agree on is that something cannot be a love triangle if there are FOUR people involved!
And no Booker, it's not only about AJ. It's also about the freakin' WWE TITLE!

2. Michael Cole "Punk and AJ are in a relationship. Punk digs crazy chicks and AJ thinks Punk is the coolest guy on the planet."
These two facts do not mean that they are in a relationship. If Punk's sister was crazy and she thought that Punk was the coolest guy on the planet, would Punk and his sister be dating? Hell, I dig hot blondes, and I'm sure that if I met her, Madison Welch would think I was the coolest guy on the planet, but that doesn't mean that we would therefore automatically be dating.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/22/2012 Smackdown *SPOILERS*

Post by Verdun » Jun 22nd, '12, 19:41

I was secretly hoping that Cesaro was going to come out to fight Santino leading to a fued.

I am disappointed.

I am also astounded that Ryback is getting a crowd reaction from being so dull and boring.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 22nd, '12, 23:46

Verdun wrote:I am also astounded that Ryback is getting a crowd reaction from being so dull and boring.
Keeping in mind that on a taped Smackdown it's probably canned cheers. The only thing the crowd would legitimately chant at him is "Goldberg, Goldberg."

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Jun 23rd, '12, 17:46

Big Red Machine wrote: THE PRIME TIME PLAYERS BRAWL WITH PRIMO & EPICO- the ref got there WAY too quickly.
Really? It's a shared backstage area, I'd think the referees were negligent if they took any longer to get to a fight involving guys that have JUST walked backstage.

Either way, that sucker punch. This segment on its own has sold me on the entire fued.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 23rd, '12, 20:26

kiel297 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: THE PRIME TIME PLAYERS BRAWL WITH PRIMO & EPICO- the ref got there WAY too quickly.
Really? It's a shared backstage area, I'd think the referees were negligent if they took any longer to get to a fight involving guys that have JUST walked backstage.
I just felt like all of the refs were waiting, just off-camera, for their cue to come in and break it up. If felt too scripted.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Jun 24th, '12, 03:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
I just felt like all of the refs were waiting, just off-camera, for their cue to come in and break it up. If felt too scripted.
Perhaps, but I can't think of any other way they could have done it and make it look less scripted.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 24th, '12, 10:58

kiel297 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
Perhaps, but I can't think of any other way they could have done it and make it look less scripted.
Stagger them in a believable way. Have the first ref come in, then, after a few seconds, have another two refs come in, then one more, etc..

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation