BRM Reviews the 5/18/2012 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/18/2012 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '12, 17:56

CM PUNK & JOHNNY ACE SEGMENT- eh. The same segment we used to get with Cena all of the time, but with Punk instead of Cena. I really wasn’t into this segment until Johnny Ace’s angry promo at the end.

R-TRUTH & KOFI KINGSTON vs. DARREN YOUNG & TITUS O’NEIL- 4/10
This was not the team to have R-Truth & Kofi beat to make them look strong right now.

DAMIEN SANDOW vs. YOSHI TATSU- LOVED IT! Sandow’s promo set this up perfectly and we actually got to see what he could do this time. I really liked Sandow not going for the pin, as it worked well with his promo.

MATT STRIKER INTERVIEWS RANDY ORTON & SHEAMUS- Good set up for Orton vs. Sheamus. This has me thinking that Orton might win the belt at Over The Limit.

ZACK RYDER vs. DANIEL BRYAN- 3.5/10
Not sure what the point of having a squash match was.

KANE vs. CM PUNK- 6.75/10.
I wasn’t a fan of the finish, but it definitely worked.

CODY RHODES vs. SANTINO MARELLA- 2/10.
Cody Rhodes (or anyone above the bottom of the midcard) should not be losing to Santino, and especially not in two minutes.

RANDY ORTON vs. SHEAMUS- 7.5/10
GREAT!

Overall, a good show from WWE, but it it had some major failings as a go-home show. Only the two world title matches and Cena vs. Ace got any hype at all, and two out of the four guys in the Fatal Four Way World Title match weren't even on the show at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3