BRM Reviews the 5/4/2012 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/4/2012 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » May 6th, '12, 14:35

SHEAMUS PROMO- lame

DANIEL BRYAN vs. SHEAMUS- no rating. Good segment.

R-TRUTH & KOFI KINGSTON vs. HUNICO & CAMACHO- 3.75/10
Hunico slapping at Little Jimmy was a good spot

BRODUS CLAY (w/the Funk-adactyls) vs. JACK SWAGGER (w/Vickie Guerrero & Jack Swagger)- DUD!
Brodus can beat Swagger and Ziggler. WE GET IT. This feud needs to move to the next step.
I didn’t realize that Brodus and the Funk-adactyls had more than on outfit.

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT WITH DANIEL BRYAN, ALBERTO DEL RIO, AND A CRAPPY STEPHANIE MCMAHON WANNA-BE- this segment really seemed to exist just to get Eve over as someone with some sort of force of character whose authority is respected… but she did not come off that way at all.

DAMIEN SANDOW vs. DERRICK BATEMAN- eh segment. Sandow’s promo was good, but running from a jobber doesn’t get you anything. Bateman’s promo was good, and transitioned well into…

RYBACK vs. DERRICK BATEMAN- squash.

CODY RHODES & KANE vs. THE BIG SHOW & RANDY ORTON- 6.5/10

LAYLA EL vs.NATALYA- 2/10

AKSANA, CLAUDIO, EVE, & TEDDY LONG BACKSTAGE- okay

AJ & KAITLYN BACKSTAGE- good, but it needs to lead to a match.

DANIEL BRYAN vs. SHEAMUS- 7/10
Very good match, but a bad finish. If Sheamus had to win, he should have done so by roll-up. Dragon needs to look strong because he has a title match against Punk coming up at the next PPV.

Overall, an okay episode of Smackdown.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Booker T almost made be cry when he said “coup d’etat” instead of “coup de grace.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Re: BRM Reviews the 5/4/2012 Smackdown

Post by Verdun » May 6th, '12, 14:47

I was summarily disappointed with Sandow running. And it made me care even less then I usually do about Ryback. (Nothing about that character is interesting)

And I did take a step back when Booker used the wrong coup expression.

The AJ segment looked like a repeat so I was kind of eh to it.

I was really just looking to see Cesaro wrestle again and Sandow debut and I was disappointed.
Lady Luck is smiling...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 6th, '12, 19:38

I thought this episode of SD! was pretty good

1. Bryan and Sheamus had a GREAT match
2. Show/Orton v. Cody/Kane was DAMN good, too.
3. I don't see how Eve is a Stephanie McMahon wannabe (bc she's a woman with power? I didn't see ANY Steph like stuff)
4. Decent first title defense for Truth & Kofi.
5. Good swerve from Sandow; and he got some good heat too.
6. The only thing I hated about the Aksana segment was the fact that Teddy had to oil up Claudio; wouldn't it have been worse for Teddy if Eve made him take the pics while Aksana oiled Claudio? Then, Ace and co. could yell at Teddy next week for taking such terrible pictures, making him look at them again and again; rubbing it in his face (as they seem to be trying to do). Having and old man oil another guy up is just weird and doesn't get much heat bc it's more funny than mean.

And I don't usually like to get on the fans and call them "smarky," but those who are chanting "Goldberg" at Ryback and "Albert" at Tensai are fucking idiots. First of all, to equate Ryback with Goldberg is ridiculous; he uses NONE of Goldberg's moves and he's squashing absolute jobbers. Goldberg was beating guys that were actually part of WCW's roster (like Brodus Clay's been doing). Equating Ryback to Goldberg just shows that those fans don't know shit about wrestling. And it's double worse when it comes to Tensai bc the commentators state about every week he comes out that Tensai WAS a WWE Superstar and left to go to Japan, where he changed. All those dickheads who think they're "in the know" bc they know he's Albert have their heads stuck too far up their own asses to to realize that PPL ALREADY KNOW THAT! THEY JUST DON'T WANNA RUIN THE SHOW FOR NO REASON!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 6th, '12, 20:05

badnewzxl wrote:I thought this episode of SD! was pretty good

1. Bryan and Sheamus had a GREAT match
2. Show/Orton v. Cody/Kane was DAMN good, too.
3. I don't see how Eve is a Stephanie McMahon wannabe (bc she's a woman with power? I didn't see ANY Steph like stuff)
4. Decent first title defense for Truth & Kofi.
5. Good swerve from Sandow; and he got some good heat too.
6. The only thing I hated about the Aksana segment was the fact that Teddy had to oil up Claudio; wouldn't it have been worse for Teddy if Eve made him take the pics while Aksana oiled Claudio? Then, Ace and co. could yell at Teddy next week for taking such terrible pictures, making him look at them again and again; rubbing it in his face (as they seem to be trying to do). Having and old man oil another guy up is just weird and doesn't get much heat bc it's more funny than mean.

And I don't usually like to get on the fans and call them "smarky," but those who are chanting "Goldberg" at Ryback and "Albert" at Tensai are f***ing idiots. First of all, to equate Ryback with Goldberg is ridiculous; he uses NONE of Goldberg's moves and he's squashing absolute jobbers. Goldberg was beating guys that were actually part of WCW's roster (like Brodus Clay's been doing). Equating Ryback to Goldberg just shows that those fans don't know s**t about wrestling. And it's double worse when it comes to Tensai bc the commentators state about every week he comes out that Tensai WAS a WWE Superstar and left to go to Japan, where he changed. All those dickheads who think they're "in the know" bc they know he's Albert have their heads stuck too far up their own asses to to realize that PPL ALREADY KNOW THAT! THEY JUST DON'T WANNA RUIN THE SHOW FOR NO REASON!
3. It was just the look and the way they tried to play the character reminded me of the way that they over-scripted Steph back in 2002.
6. Agreed. That would have been much better.
Chanting Albert at Tensaui is stupid. Chanting Goldberg at Ryback is more, I think, them saying that Ryback seems like a Goldberg rip-off, and thus, seems unoriginal and boring.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 7th, '12, 11:05

badnewzxl wrote: 3. I don't see how Eve is a Stephanie McMahon wannabe (bc she's a woman with power? I didn't see ANY Steph like stuff)
i'd say she's a tessmacher wannabe :P