BRM Reviews the 12/30/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/30/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 2nd, '12, 16:19

OPENING SEGMENT- GREAT. Great stuff from all three guys. Having Goldust come out as “Dustin Rhodes” also finally gives us an answer to the question we have been asking (well, theoretically, anyway) since 1995. Is Goldust an act or is that the way he really is? Now we have an answer.

TED DIBIASE vs. JINDER MAHAL- 4/10

TEDDY LONG & DREW MCINTYRE SEGMENT- good

ALICIA FOX & KAITLYN vs. NATALYA & TAMINA- 1/10. Once again, Nattie is made to look weak. The aftermath seems like it is going to turn Nattie babyface… but she has been made to look so weak that I really don’t care.

DANIEL BRYAN & THE BIG SHOW BACKSTAGE- Great segment… AND AJ!

JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. HUNICO (w/Kamacho)- no rating. Extended squash.

THE BIG SHOW vs. DAVID OTUNGA (w/Mark Henry)- no rating. Okay segment. I didn’t like Dragon jumping Henry from behind.

DREW MCINTYRE vs. MARK HENRY- 4.5/10. Good booking… but with the wrong opponent. Zeke should never need to resort to something like grabbing the tights.

SHEAMUS PROMO- good… until Hornswoggle shows up. Then Heath Slater showed up and said that he had no problem squashing Hornswoggle, turning him into a babyface, IMO. Then we got some stuff that led to…

SHEAMUS vs. HEATH SLATER- 4/10

DRAGON & BIG SHOW IN TEDDY LONG’S OFFICE- GREAT!

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett- 6.5/10. A good brawl, but not good enough for a main event. I also thought that them cutting into the security camera feed was ridiculous. Why would they have access to that?

Overall, an eh episode of Smackdown. It was pretty terrible in the ring, but the Booker, Cody, & Goldust segment, the Drew McIntyre angle, and the stuff with Dragon & Big Show were enough to keep me interested in next week’s show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kiel297

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/30/2011 Smackdown

Post by kiel297 » Jan 2nd, '12, 16:33

I am praying that Goldust keeps active in this angle. Simply because I love Goldust.

Also, the direction they're taking Daniel Bryan is GREAT

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 2nd, '12, 17:21

Big Red Machine wrote:OPENING SEGMENT- GREAT. Great stuff from all three guys. Having Goldust come out as “Dustin Rhodes” also finally gives us an answer to the question we have been asking (well, theoretically, anyway) since 1995. Is Goldust an act or is that the way he really is? Now we have an answer.

TED DIBIASE vs. JINDER MAHAL- 4/10

TEDDY LONG & DREW MCINTYRE SEGMENT- good

ALICIA FOX & KAITLYN vs. NATALYA & TAMINA- 1/10. Once again, Nattie is made to look weak. The aftermath seems like it is going to turn Nattie babyface… but she has been made to look so weak that I really don’t care.

DANIEL BRYAN & THE BIG SHOW BACKSTAGE- Great segment… AND AJ!

JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. HUNICO (w/Kamacho)- no rating. Extended squash.

THE BIG SHOW vs. DAVID OTUNGA (w/Mark Henry)- no rating. Okay segment. I didn’t like Dragon jumping Henry from behind.

DREW MCINTYRE vs. MARK HENRY- 4.5/10. Good booking… but with the wrong opponent. Zeke should never need to resort to something like grabbing the tights.

SHEAMUS PROMO- good… until Hornswoggle shows up. Then Heath Slater showed up and said that he had no problem squashing Hornswoggle, turning him into a babyface, IMO. Then we got some stuff that led to…

SHEAMUS vs. HEATH SLATER- 4/10

DRAGON & BIG SHOW IN TEDDY LONG’S OFFICE- GREAT!

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett- 6.5/10. A good brawl, but not good enough for a main event. I also thought that them cutting into the security camera feed was ridiculous. Why would they have access to that?

Overall, an eh episode of Smackdown. It was pretty terrible in the ring, but the Booker, Cody, & Goldust segment, the Drew McIntyre angle, and the stuff with Dragon & Big Show were enough to keep me interested in next week’s show.
I agree with all of this except the thing about Dragon; sure he's a face, but Henry's THE WORLD'S STRONGEST MAN and outweighs Dragon by 250lbs. I know it seems that Show will be turning heel, but I hope they scrap that and have Dragon turn instead.

I don't get how they're pushing Hunico; he beat Zeke pretty much straight up on Superstars a week ago, then he beat Gabriel straight up. But they keep attributing these victories to the presence of Comacho. I guess it's just weird to me.

I REALLY hope Sheamus wins the Rumble; he hasn't had a ppv match with build since :-\ ?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 2nd, '12, 18:14

badnewzxl wrote:
I REALLY hope Sheamus wins the Rumble; he hasn't had a ppv match with build since :-\ ?
i think everything will be moving towards this direction.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 2nd, '12, 20:22

The only thing I was really intrigued by was McIntyre's match. I'm not sure why, but I'm losing interest in the WWE at the moment. It may just be me.

Sheamus deserves to win the Rumble, but I think with the direction they're taking Barrett, and now that Randy's out, they could have him win the Rumble too. It would build more towards the idea that Barrett had to go through Randy to get a Title shot. Then you could either have Randy return and cost Barrett the title, or have Randy return after Barrett's won and feud for the title.

Not that I personally would enjoy either idea, I'm bored of Randy and Barrett. But they're possible ideas.

If Sheamus won the Rumble, I wonder who he could pick to go after. -is intrigued-

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jan 3rd, '12, 02:07

If it any indication as to the state of the product, this was the second WWE show in a row I watched and fell asleep during.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 3rd, '12, 05:38

Earth Child wrote:If it any indication as to the state of the product, this was the second WWE show in a row I watched and fell asleep during.
I catch myself nodding off during the Divas matches every show

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 3rd, '12, 08:57

badnewzxl wrote:
Earth Child wrote:If it any indication as to the state of the product, this was the second WWE show in a row I watched and fell asleep during.
I catch myself nodding off during the Divas matches every show
You can fall asleep that quickly? I envy you, sir.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 4th, '12, 09:25

saying Ill squash Hornswaggle is NOT turning face....the furthest thing from it...what the hell?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '12, 14:17

KILLdozer wrote:saying Ill squash Hornswaggle is NOT turning face....the furthest thing from it...what the hell?
Hornswoggle is an annoying little sh*t whose presence has ruined many segments and matches. This goes beyond kayfabe and into the realm of "go-away heat."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '12, 16:23

KILLdozer wrote:saying Ill squash Hornswaggle is NOT turning face....the furthest thing from it...what the hell?
not a pussy ass chicken shit goody-too-shoes face, but a real kick ass face

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jan 4th, '12, 19:22

I'd cheer for Slater if he rid us of Hornswaggle.
Lady Luck is smiling...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 6th, '12, 13:22

Big Red Machine wrote:
Hornswoggle is an annoying little sh*t whose presence has ruined many segments and matches. This goes beyond kayfabe and into the realm of "go-away heat."
but thats being smarkish,,which as you always say is the wrong way to look at things
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 6th, '12, 18:14

KILLdozer wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
but thats being smarkish,,which as you always say is the wrong way to look at things
he has a point. I don't mind Hornswoggle; I didn't like it when he was Cruiserweight champ, but if he's just running around being silly, I have no problem with that....

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 6th, '12, 23:20

Big Red Machine wrote:
He's working you! Looks like he got you by the balls, too.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 7th, '12, 00:52

He can be funny, sometimes. As long as he's not detracting TV time from someone who deserves it.

For the most part, I get a kick out of his segments. Until he starts talking. :P But I don't think he should ever wrestle.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 7th, '12, 07:13

Serujuunin wrote:He can be funny, sometimes. As long as he's not detracting TV time from someone who deserves it.

For the most part, I get a kick out of his segments. Until he starts talking. :P But I don't think he should ever wrestle.
THIS!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '12, 15:53

Serujuunin wrote:He can be funny, sometimes. As long as he's not detracting TV time from someone who deserves it.
This. There is a difference between not looking at things in too smarky a way and in not enjoying someone who is doing nothing at all in angles that never payoff in any way at all and never help anyone.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 7th, '12, 17:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
This. There is a difference between not looking at things in too smarky a way and in not enjoying someone who is doing nothing at all in angles that never payoff in any way at all and never help anyone.
I guess I'm never distracted bc I don't pay much attention to him. He pops up, I laugh, that's it. I see him there, but I don't follow him

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 8th, '12, 08:06

Serujuunin wrote: But I don't think he should ever wrestle.
Why not? He's actually not too bad. Obviously I don't want to see him wrestle full sized guys...

WWE's next "bring back" article has to be midget sidekicks (Mini Booker, Minidust, Dink, Little Boogey)