BRM Reviews the 11/25/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/25/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '11, 02:22

BIG SHOW & MARK HENRY- not good. Mark Henry’s promo was lame, and Show punching out a guy on crutches is just… mean. Although, based on Show’s demeanor, it does seem like he could turn tweener (or at least get edgier)

HOLY SH*T! Didn’t see that coming… and I really don’t like it (not going to lie, I did pop for it, though). While I am happy for Dragon, they have spent so much time building up the concept of Dragon cashing in fairly at Mania in a clean match that I am very disappointed at this. It shows a lack of creativity about the use of the Money In The Bank briefcase, and also makes Dragon look like a paper champion for doing absolutely nothing to earn the title. I will complement whoever’s idea it was for Dragon to struggle turning Henry over. I was dead sure that Henry was going to kick out and they would just waste the title shot making Henry look strong, but they actually did it (I attribute my aforementioned pop mostly to this little bit of f*cking with my head).

WAIT! WHAT? COME THE F*CK ON! Now this just makes this entire thing worthless and makes Dragon look like a liar.

JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. HUNICO- 4.25/10. Both guys were impressive in the extremely short amount of time they were given.

THE DIVAS OF DOOM vs. THE CHICKBUSTERS- No Rating- Bad segment. Basically, they are breaking up the most entertaining part of the Divas Division, and then the two ultra-tough heel Divas walk to the back rather than take on Alicia Fox two-on-one? COME ON! Oh well. Maybe the Chickbusters break-up will lead to more TV time for AJ.

TEDDY LONG & AKSANA- The music & lighting completely kills kayfabe. Thankfully Mark Henry broke this up and made this a useful segment.

RYDER & SHEAMUS BACKSTAGE- waste of time.

ZACK RYDER & SHEAMUS vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER & JACK SWAGGER (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 6.5/10

DRAGON, AJ & WADE BARRETT BACKSTAGE- LOVING IT!

JINDER MAHAL PROMO- Good stuff. I’ve always loved the Blue Blood gimmick

TED DIBIASE JR. vs. HEATH SLATER- 4/10

CODY RHODES PROMO- good.

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes- 6.75/10. Not good enough for a main event.

Overall, an eh episode of Smackdown. I didn’t like it too much, but I can certainly see how someone with only slightly different tastes would love it, so I am being a bit more lenient overall.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kiel297

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/25/2011 Smackdown

Post by kiel297 » Nov 27th, '11, 02:39

On the contrary, I absolutely loved last night's episode.

It's clear that Bryan wont win the title on Tuesday, so I see what happened on Friday as WWE testing the waters with him. Testing out whether he's over enough and whether he's ready to take the WHC, or whether they have to build him some more.

He passed the test. I expect him to go with a "I'n gonna stick to my guns and cash in at Wrestlemania" type thing.

As for it making him a hypocrite etc, as far as the character goes, he's only human. Everybody gives in to temptation sometimes.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Nov 27th, '11, 05:28

Big Red Machine wrote:THE DIVAS OF DOOM vs. THE CHICKBUSTERS

Whoa, since when were AJ and Kaitlyn called the Chickbusters?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Nov 27th, '11, 08:35

Earth Child wrote:Whoa, since when were AJ and Kaitlyn called the Chickbusters?
Since May

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Nov 27th, '11, 15:23

I was not able to catch it this week, does Dragon still have the case? Did he technically use it or can he still cash in at any time?
Lady Luck is smiling...

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Nov 27th, '11, 15:24

He does still have the briefcase