BRM Reviews the 10/28/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/28/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 1st, '11, 20:59

OPENING SEGMENT- Teddy Long does not sound natural at all. He sounds like a fifth grader reciting a memorized speech in front of the class. Other than that it was good, but Teddy really needs to be careful with his phrasing. When he said that Punk vs. Christian was on “all day, every day,” I wasn’t sure if that constituted him making a very long serious of matches between Punk and Christian, each with a 24 hour time limit. At least we get a reasonable kayfabe reason for a Raw guy being on SD.

R-TRUTH & THE MIZ vs. AIR BOOM- 5.75/10

MIZ & TRUTH PROMO- Good

DRAGON & TYSON KIDD HAVE AN ARGUMENT- Effective segment. It sets up a match for later, and plugs a new product.

TEDDY LONG, HORNSWOGGLE, & TEAM ZIGGLER BACKSTAGE- Okay segment, although Hornswoggle’s presence was completely unnecessary.

WADE BARRETT vs. TRENT BARRETA- Good squash. Wade looked very impressive.

RANDY ORTON vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 6.5/10. I just wasn’t into this one. It seemed to go nowhere at all for the first half of the match.

SIN CARA NEGRO PROMO- I didn’t recognize him without his mask on. He must be trying to go incognito (I crack myself up). Good promo. He got the message across with the few words of English that he used.

TYSON KIDD vs. DANIEL BRYAN- 4.75/10 A great rating for a three minute match.

COLE PROMO- bad

WORLD TITLE SEGMENT- I actually liked this. It really makes me think that Big Show has a chance of taking the belt from Henry (assumedly at Survivor Series). I hope it doesn’t happen, though.

CM PUNK vs. CHRISTIAN- 6.75/10. Just misses out on being main-event quality.

Overall, this episode of Smackdown wasn’t very good. It doesn’t seem like I have been missing anything at all over the past month.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/28/2011 Smackdown

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 2nd, '11, 09:30

i thought this was an awesome episode,i started to not watch it but im very glad i changed my mind,loved the Sin Cara Negro promo
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '11, 09:53

KILLdozer wrote:i thought this was an awesome episode,i started to not watch it but im very glad i changed my mind,loved the Sin Cara Negro promo
This. my only problem right now is that i think he's gonna become the new Chavo, they already have him wearing the cholo bandana. I was hoping he would use Hunico's mask before he appeared again.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '11, 11:00

cero2k wrote: I was hoping he would use Hunico's mask before he appeared again.
I don't know if he is allowed to do that. He lost a "mask vs. mask" match, not a "match for the rights to the Sin Cara name." If anyone who lost a mask just went and put on another one, it would all but kill the stip, as the lack of mask wouldn't be a constant reminder of the shame of losing it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3