BRM Reviews the 9/23/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/23/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 27th, '11, 19:45

OPENING SEGMENT- Great

SHEAMUS vs. HEATH SLATER- 4/10

CHRISTIAN TALKS TO KHALI- Good

WADE BARRETT vs. JUSTIN GABRIEL- 4.5/10 Gabriel was impressive.

RANDY ORTON PROMO- Okay.

CHRISTIAN-ZEKE SEGMENT- Okay

KAITLYN & AJ vs. THE DIVAS OF DOOM- 2.5/10. I hated the finish. Worst finish ever. This crap needs to stop. I am going to write WWE an angry letter demanding that AJ stop losing!

RANDY ORTON vs. CODY RHODES- I don’t get it. Either the mask is legal, or it isn’t. How is hitting someone with it any different from punching them in the face with the mask on? Or different than Cody using the headbutt? If there is a difference, it would be because Cody needs the mask, and hitting Cody in the face when he doesn’t have the mask on is the cause of the DQ (via intent to injure, rather than using a weapon), rather than using the mask as a weapon… but if this was the case, the referee should have stopped the match once he saw Cody didn’t have the mask on, and others have ripped the mask off in the past with no consequences at all, so that clearly isn’t the case. I am perplexed, and this, don’t like this finish. Randy going nuts afterwards was good, though.

CHRISTIAN & SHEAMUS BACKSTAGE- I really despise the use of racial stereotypes for cheap heat.

THE GREAT KHALI vs. JINDER MAHAL- No rating. If anyone cared about Khali, this would have been nice to see, but Khali is an atrocious babyface, so no one gives a damn.

DANIEL BRYAN vs. SIN CARA- no rating. The work between Dragon and Sin Cara was great, but I’m not really sure what to think of this finish. It was interesting, but… I just don’t know.

WWE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Air Boom(c) vs. The Usos- 3.25/10. If you want to give Air Boom some wins… just have them beat jobbers. Don’t kill the credibility of the only two other teams you have by having them lose five minute matches every week!

LUMBERJACK MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Mark Henry(c) vs. Christian- No rating. It did its job of just making Mark Henry look like a beast… but why the hell wasn’t Sheamus out there with the rest of the lumberjacks?
Nice of them to just stand around for a few minutes between the intros and ringing the bell. Must have been boring as hell for the live crowd (this is the problem with doing things kayfabe live!)

Overall, this episode of Smackdown was very bad.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/23/2011 Smackdown

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 27th, '11, 19:52

This episode accomplished nothing at all. No story progression whatsoever.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/23/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 28th, '11, 08:15

yourcrapsweak wrote:This episode accomplished nothing at all. No story progression whatsoever.
It escalates Orton vs. Rhodes, but that's about it. And that isn't good, as this is only one of two Smackdowns between NOC and HIAC, so WWE needed to set things up for HIAC, but they didn't.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3