BRM Reviews the 9/9/2011 Smackdown (technically spoilers)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/9/2011 Smackdown (technically spoilers)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 9th, '11, 16:42

MARK HENRY PROMO- Great. The stuff with Ryder was good, too.

MARK HENRY vs. EZEKIEL JACKSON- 4.5/10

SIN CARA vs. TYSON KID- 4/10

SIN CARA PROMO & SEGMENT WITH DRAGON- great, but why is the rematch on TV, not the PPV two days later?

ORTON PROMO- good

KELLY KELLY vs. NATTIE NEIDHART (w/Beth Phoenix)- 4/10

FROM THE VAULT- why are we wasting time one old matches that have no relevance whatsoever right now?

CHRISTIAN & SHEAMUS SEGMENT- eh.

SHEAMUS vs. WADE BARRETT- 6/10

AIR BOOM vs. JINDER MAHAL & THE GREAT KHALI- 5/10 Good storyline advancement.

CODY RHODES PROMO- eh

CODY RHODES vs. RANDY ORTON- 7/10

MARK HENRY ATTACKS- good

Overall, this week’s Smackdown was eh.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/9/2011 Smackdown (technically spoilers

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 9th, '11, 16:46

Couldn't resist watching early could ya big red? ;)

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Sep 9th, '11, 18:57

Ah now I don't feel bad for missing it because I was too busy playing FIFA Manager :')

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Sep 9th, '11, 22:42

Big Red Machine wrote:SIN CARA PROMO & SEGMENT WITH DRAGON- great, but why is the rematch on TV, not the PPV two days later?
I guess it's because the PPV is Night of Champions and this fued isn't big name enough to be put on the card as a non-title match

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 10th, '11, 00:04

Earth Child wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:SIN CARA PROMO & SEGMENT WITH DRAGON- great, but why is the rematch on TV, not the PPV two days later?
I guess it's because the PPV is Night of Champions and this fued isn't big name enough to be put on the card as a non-title match
and what rematch is their? i didnt see or here any
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 10th, '11, 00:34

KILLdozer wrote:
Earth Child wrote:
and what rematch is their? i didnt see or here any
the original when Sin Cara kicked Dragon on the head after the match, during the live smackdown

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 10th, '11, 18:32

Earth Child wrote:
Just because it is Night of Champions doesn't mean it has to be all title matches. And hell, this feud, as barely hot as it is, is hotter than any other midcard feud in WWE aside from Swagger-Ziggler (which is a sad reflection on WWE).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 10th, '11, 18:44

Big Red Machine wrote:Just because it is Night of Champions doesn't mean it has to be all title matches. And hell, this feud, as barely hot as it is, is hotter than any other midcard feud in WWE aside from Swagger-Ziggler (which is a sad reflection on WWE).
And it isn't all title matches since they're having Trips vs Punk.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 10th, '11, 19:06

Big Red Machine wrote:
Earth Child wrote:
Just because it is Night of Champions doesn't mean it has to be all title matches. And hell, this feud, as barely hot as it is, is hotter than any other midcard feud in WWE aside from Swagger-Ziggler (which is a sad reflection on WWE).
it only has two weeks of build up with one being the heel turn. surely there are better non title matches to add to the card other than this. Sheamus/Christian or Ziggler/Swagger would be a better fit at this point.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 10th, '11, 20:09

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Earth Child wrote: I guess it's because the PPV is Night of Champions and this fued isn't big name enough to be put on the card as a non-title match
it only has two weeks of build up with one being the heel turn. surely there are better non title matches to add to the card other than this. Sheamus/Christian or Ziggler/Swagger would be a better fit at this point.
I acknowledged the Ziggler Swagger feud, and Sheamus vs. Christian has the same amount of build, but less heat, since Sin Cara actually turned on Dragon, rather than acting in a way that we expected.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation