BRM Reviews the 8/12/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/12/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 13th, '11, 12:47

OPENING SEGMENT- good. Not great, but definitely more good than bad.

SHEAMUS vs. CHRISTAN- 5.25/10, but with a great storyline finish. Heels who go halfway through a match, then leave, get GREAT heat.

BETH PHOENIX & NATALYA vs. KAITLYN & AJ- SQUASH. I fail to understand why WWE insists on using their own talent as jobbers. All this does as hurt their own talent. Just bring in some local wrestlers and have them get squashed!

BACKSTAGE STUFF- Dumb

MARK HENRY & JOHNNY CURTIS SEGMENT- good.

SIN CARA vs. TYSON KIDD- 4.75/10

DANIEL BRYAN vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- 5.75/10. The highest rating that have ever given a match that only went three and a half minutes! That speaks to just how talented these two guys are. The aftermath was good build up to Summer Slam.

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Ezekiel Jackson(c) vs. Cody Rhodes (w/Ted Dibiase Jr.)- 4.75/10. NO! Zeke should not have lost! And he shouldn’t have lost in such a short match! Then having Zeke get up afterwards made Cody’s finisher look bad. All it established was that Ted is Cody’s lackey, which we already knew!

ORTON PROMO- good

MARK HENRY vs. JOHNNY CURTIS- good squash. GREAT aftermath with Sheamus, but I really didn’t like Henry backing down from a fair fight. It just doesn’t mesh with his character.

RANDY ORTON vs. THE GREAT KHALI (w/Jinder Mahal)- 5/10. The Great Khali, whom WWE has spent so much time trying to portray as a threat… loses in FIVE MINUTES! Completely unacceptable for a main event.

Overall, this episode of Smackdown was extremely disappointing. A real stinker from what is usually the best wrestling show on TV.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/12/2011 Smackdown

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 13th, '11, 13:34

I lol'd a bit when Zeke got up with the bag on his head. Then i stopped when i realized that he got up so quickly from Cross Rhodes. I can see them doing a rematch at SummerSlam though, at least they should. Same with Morrison/Truth because it just didnt seem right to have it on the show before SummerSlam.