BRM Reviews the 7/29/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/29/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 30th, '11, 20:47

OPENING SEGMENT- pretty good.

Grrr… there is WAY too much visiting from Raw going on.

JOHN MORRISON vs. CHRISTIAN- 6.5/10. Great psychology

WADE BARRETT-DANIEL BRYAN SEGMENT- PERFECT! Dragon comes out of it looking good, and Barrett, devious bastard that he is, is probably going to be out for revenge!

JUSTIN GABRIEL VIDEO PACKAGE- I like it. It establishes him as a babyface (a good contrast to Slater, who was established as a heel last week).

NATTIE NEIDHART, KAITLYN & AJ!!!!!!! vs. ROSA MENDES, ALICIA FOX, & TAMINA- 3.25/10. The Nattie and Tamina part was good. HATED the finish, though, for obvious reasons.

MARK HENRY, TEDDY LONG & SHEAMUS- PERFECT SEGMENT!!! F*CKING AWESOME! Sheamus got a GREAT pop for his first real night as a babyface! And (possibly most importantly) Sheamus said a word that they bleeped out. I don’t remember the last time that this happened

WWE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Otunga & McGillicutty(c) vs. The Usos- 3.75/10, but great cheating by Otunga. I don’t think have ever seen that before.

HANDICAP MATCH: Ezekiel Jackson vs. Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes- 4/10. I have no idea what the point of this match was. No one gains anything. Rhodes & Dibiase win a match with the deck stacked in their favor, and Jackson loses a match with the deck stacked against him.

KHALI & JINDER MAHAL SPEAK- This segment established the following: These two foreigners can speak their native language. This is basically the segment version of this week’s stupid announcer quote.

RANDY ORTON vs. R-TRUTH- 6/10. What was the point of the DQ finish? No one gains anything! The same for the post-match beatdown.

Overall, Smackdown was extremely good this week. Not as good as last week, but still extremely good.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. Booker T- “When I look at Sheamus, I see a man. That’s what Sheamus is.” Like Booker, you, too can learn how to tell people this type of wonderful insight after just one three week session at the Taz School of Broadcasting!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/29/2011 Smackdown

Post by cero2k » Jul 30th, '11, 22:17

Big Red Machine wrote:
NATTIE NEIDHART, KAITLYN & AJ!!!!!!! vs. ROSA MENDES, ALICIA FOX, & TAMINA- 3.25/10. The Nattie and Tamina part was good. HATED the finish, though, for obvious reasons.
talking about AJ. Did you see that segment with AJ, Maryse, and Hornswoggle on NXT??

and what did you think of Ryder's new gig?? I know everyone wanted more Ryder, but I wonder if everyone will keep wanting him now that we have it (in this quantity).

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 31st, '11, 02:05

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
talking about AJ. Did you see that segment with AJ, Maryse, and Hornswoggle on NXT??

and what did you think of Ryder's new gig?? I know everyone wanted more Ryder, but I wonder if everyone will keep wanting him now that we have it (in this quantity).
Ryder was good. AS for the AJ segment, I am pretending that if I ignore it, it doesn't exist.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Aggro

Post by Aggro » Jul 31st, '11, 03:13

I like the Ryder thing, can see a lot fun stuff between him and Teddy Long in the future.

I loved it when Sheamus came out to confront Mark Henry, shame they couldn't of done that segment at a New York or Boston show, would of got twice the pop.

I cracked up too when Booker said that about Sheamus being a man =)) I also laughed when he said "What the hell's he tapping for man??" about Barrett.