BRM Reviews the 2/28/2017 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/28/2017 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '17, 17:39

Serujuunin wrote:
cero2k wrote:do you guys think Harper and Rowan rejoin?

Probably not Harper, given the promo he cut earlier in the show about being free from Wyatt. We haven't seen Rowan in a while, is he still around?

I don't think Strauman is going to either, since they also seemed to emphasise his split from Wyatt a while ago when they were in the ring together.

I think it would be neat for Wyatt to try to rally them against Randy for doing that to their "sacred place", but having them all kind of say "no thanks", and for the first time in a while we might get the sense that Wyatt is completely alone. And since they seem insistent to imply that since the compound was destroyed that Wyatt has lost his "powers", it would make Wyatt feel especially vulnerable going in to the match with Randy in the future. Or even the match with AJ for the title.

I'm interested to see how his in-ring stuff changes with the "development" of his character.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Harper coming back to would completely undo these past two months, and as this would be his second return to Bray in less than two years it would totally destroy any chance of anyone taking him seriously if they ever try to make him his own man in the future.
Maybe I can see Rowan returning to the fold, but I really like Seru's idea of having Bray appeal to the others and having them rebuff him in order to really show that Bray is alone. Maybe you could just keep Rowan off of TV until a month or two after Mania so you can have your cake and eat it, too?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '17, 20:03

Who cares about Wyatt! I'm more bothered by the fact that AJ has more crap to deal with when Orton was technically no longer number 1 contender.

If they wanted to simply add him due to all this burning the man's house down, fine. No one wants to see Shane v AJ though. Ever. AJ literally has nothing to gain from it and has already transcended whatever heights they'd be hoping for.

Who or what the heck was Shane anyway for AJ to even supposedly have anything to gain here?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 5th, '17, 08:40

Oh crap ...What if-

Bo Dallas was inside of that House, blames Bray Wyatt, and now he wears a mask and everything?

New Undertaker=New Kane.

Yeah, yeah, drink it all man BRM!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '17, 12:56

KILLdozer wrote:Who cares about Wyatt! I'm more bothered by the fact that AJ has more crap to deal with when Orton was technically no longer number 1 contender.

If they wanted to simply add him due to all this burning the man's house down, fine. No one wants to see Shane v AJ though. Ever. AJ literally has nothing to gain from it and has already transcended whatever heights they'd be hoping for.

Who or what the heck was Shane anyway for AJ to even supposedly have anything to gain here?

It was probably intended to be a match for Shane to have and a win for AJ (which is something AJ won't get in the middle of this Wyatt feud, I think. It's not impossible that he would win because Orton and Wyatt are too focused on each other, but that feels more like the sort of thing you do at the February PPV to get the title out of that feud while also setting up a singles match than it feels like something you do at WrestleMania).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 8th, '17, 19:32

I can't the only one who can't stand everything about the way Becky Lynch talks. Her accent, the deepness of her voice, the emphasis she puts in the pronunciation of certain words.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '17, 21:22

red, did you watch TalkingSmack?

if not, here, my gift to you
https://streamable.com/ett7i

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '17, 22:43

cero2k wrote:red, did you watch TalkingSmack?

Is this from 2/28 or 3/7?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 9th, '17, 08:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:red, did you watch TalkingSmack?

Is this from 2/28 or 3/7?

3.7, posted it in the wrong thread, i thought you had already posted this weeks'