BRM Reviews the 2/11/2016 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/11/2016 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '16, 23:16

CHRIS JERICHO PROMO- great
AJ vs. Jericho is the OPENER?!

AJ STYLES vs. CHRIS JERICHO-
The match was about to get started, but the Ministry of Dorkness showed up Heath Slater started to cut an annoying promo (but at least they explained why Bo wasn’t there, as dumb of a kayfabe reason as it is). Then Adam Rose cut an even more annoying promo which, when combined with Curtis Axel’s promo, resulted in what passes for comedy in the WWE writers’ room.
The Desperation Corporation wound up getting into a fight with Jericho, and AJ eventually joined in to beat them up with ease. Then Chris Jericho used the booking power that Stephanie McMahon specifically yelled at him and said he didn’t have on Raw a few weeks ago in order to move the AJ vs. Jericho match to the main event and book AJ & Jericho vs. Los Shatadores for right now.

AJ STYLES & CHRIS JERICHO vs. THE SOCIAL OUTCASTS (w/Heath Slater)- 5/10
Thank G-d for Mauro Ranallo. The very first thing he said when we got back from the commercial was that this match was made official during the commercial break. AJ stole Jericho’s pin and got the win, so Jericho attacked AJ after the match. If THIS was how they have decided to turn Jericho heel, it was a major waste. If it isn’t the beginning of a Jericho heel turn, then this whole match was a huge waste of the first twenty minutes of the show.

BROCK WILL BE ON SMACKDOWN NEXT WEEK- cool

DUDLEY BOYS PROMO- F*CKING AWESOME!
When this promo started, we were already thirty-seven minutes into the show, and it had been about sixteen minutes since we saw something that wasn’t a recap.
They specifically asked to have tables set up all around ringside so they could cut a promo. Even better: they had the tables set up just so they could make the crew take them down again. The Dudleys are such great heels. Bubba and Devon were AWESOME here. They essentially declared that they weren’t going to use tables anymore just to spite the fans because the fans are cheering for tables instead of for Bubba and Devon.

SASHA BANKS vs. NAOMI (w/Tamina)- 5.75/10
Sasha’s name is still on the graphic on the screen on the entrance set itself (under the TitanTron) for Team B.A.D.’s entrance.
Becky Lynch was on commentary and she wasn’t good at all. I’m sure Lawler was just doing what he was told by prodding her on the same point over and over again, but it was clear that Becky was already struggling, and when you add in Lawler making the conversation obnoxiously repetitive, it was painful to listen to.
In other news, Naomi has been watching her “Speedball” Mike Bailey tapes.
Becky got beaten up by Tamina at ringside. Sasha went out to help her and kicked Tamina’s ass. When she got back into the ring, Naomi rolled her up, but Sasha kicked out, locked in the Banks Statement and made Naomi tap.

JOJO INTERVIEWS AJ STYLES- GREAT!

WYATT FAMILY PROMO- one of those promos that would have been really great if Wyatt Family promos actually meant anything. We’d have been going nuts for this in 2013.

COSMIC WASTELAND vs. THE LUCHA DRAGONS & ADRIAN NEVILLE- 3/10
This week is a week where we are supposed to remember that Cosmic Wasteland is a thing. Other weeks, we aren’t.
They had an illustrated graphic for this match so they could push the “like something out of a comic book!” line again, which all but confirms that Stardust vs. Stephen Amell will continue at WrestleMania.
The match was short. The heels jumped the babyfaces from behind and got a bit of heat, then the babyfaces made a comeback, hit their flips, and got the pin.

AJ STYLES vs. CHRIS JERICO- 7.75/10
Another great match, but Jericho winning clean was just about the worst possible finish they could have done.

A good episode of Smackdown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/11/2016 Smackdown

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 12th, '16, 07:25

Would you agree that Adam is the worst Social Outcast? Bo and Heath are at least decent on the mic and have their characters down, Curtis has ironed himself out as the intense one, but Adam kinda just hangs out. And when you're the jobber on the job team that's not a good sign.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '16, 07:53

NWK2000 wrote:Would you agree that Adam is the worst Social Outcast? Bo and Heath are at least decent on the mic and have their characters down, Curtis has ironed himself out as the intense one, but Adam kinda just hangs out. And when you're the jobber on the job team that's not a good sign.
Definitely agree that he is the worst, but mostly because he is the one who takes their promos into annoying comedy. Heath is annoying, too, but Rose is annoying in the stupid annoying kind of way. "Social Housecats?" Why the f*ck would anyone want to be called the "Social Housecats?" Without fail, if Axel gets to speak before Rose, he is the best one of them, if he has to speak after Rose (and thus deal with Rose's stupidity) he is horribly annoying. That is the Adam Rose effect.

Also, Bo is WAY too good a character to be wasted in this group. Sandow would have made much more sense, except that people actually like him.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 12th, '16, 08:20

In my fantasy I have Bo managing Curtis and Damien, so it pisses me off that WWE can't use Sandow for anything.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '16, 08:33

NWK2000 wrote:In my fantasy I have Bo managing Curtis and Damien, so it pisses me off that WWE can't use Sandow for anything.
I know! I feel the same way. I'll admit that I don't think I've used him particularly well in mine since I had him drop the IC Title to Roman, but teaming him with Otunga as the two "we're so much smarter than you" guys is so obvious that it pretty much came to me by accident. He's such a talented talker that the fact that they can't think of anything to do with him is ridiculous.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 12th, '16, 12:33

Adam Rose is the Pete Gas of this equation.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '16, 13:05

XIV wrote:Adam Rose is the Pete Gas of this equation.
Don't you think that's a little harsh?

Pete Gas was nowhere near as intolerable as Rose is right now.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '16, 20:15

Where's Leo Kruger?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 13th, '16, 03:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:Adam Rose is the Pete Gas of this equation.
Don't you think that's a little harsh?

Pete Gas was nowhere near as intolerable as Rose is right now.
You mean you don't like hearing "Heathy Baby" all the time?
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '16, 19:10

KILLdozer wrote:Where's Leo Kruger?
Taking lots of drugs. Hence, Adam Rose.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation