BRM Reviews the 2/4/2016 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/4/2016 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 5th, '16, 02:14

ROMAN REIGNS vs. RUSEV (w/the League of Nations)- 3.25/10
They went a few minutes, then Del Rio interfered for the DQ. Dean came out to make the save, but a miscue resulted in Dean hitting Roman. The League then beat Dean up until Roman got a chair to make the save. If you’re trying to make us wonder if Dean and Roman will turn on each other, a much better way to do this would have been to have the League scatter afterwards and leave us with the falling Roman staring up at Dean.

Predictably, we’ll be getting Del Rio & Rusev vs. Dean & Roman later tonight.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS DEAN AMBROSE- good.

KEVIN OWENS vs. KALISTO- 6.75/10
Kalisto cut an okay inset promo. Dolph Ziggler is on commentary.
The last 45 seconds of this match were SOOOO awesome… then they turned it into a distraction finish, totally eliminating all of the heat Owens should have had. If you’re going to do something crazy and awesome like that which should have basically been the finish by itself, let Owens pin the champ here. Have Kalisto beat Del Rio and Owens beat Dolph at Fast Lane, and build to Owens challenging Kalisto at Mania with the angle being that little underdog Kalisto is facing this gigantic bully who outweighs him by almost a hundred pounds.

JOJO INTERVIEWS THE MIZ- great.

RYBACK vs. ERICK ROWAN (w/the Wyatt Family)- 4/10
Is Ryback intentionally trying to get “GOLDBERG!” chants? That’s the only reason I can think of for him to be dressed like that.
Ryback wins, but then gets clotheslined down by Strowman.

BECKY & SASHA BACKSTAGE- fine, I guess. I’m not going to lie: my favorite part of this was Renee quickly moving the microphone back and forth. It made me laugh watching her trying to keep up with them.

AJ STYLES vs. THE MIZ- 6.75/10
Chris Jericho is on commentary. This match was the reason I decided to watch this show, and it delivered exactly to the level I thought it would. AJ made Miz submit to the “Calf Crusher.”
After the match, Jericho challenged AJ to a match next week on Smackdown. I guess I’ll be watching next week’s Smackdown, too.

JOJO INTERVIEWS ROMAN REIGNS- meh.

NEW DAY PROMO- part of this was great, but the stuff that is standard New Day “catchphrasing” was terrible.
Then the Social Outcasts showed up and I decided that really don’t need to sit through a promo by the Ministry of Dorkness at 3:30 am when I have work in morning.

THE NEW DAY vs. THE SOCIAL OUTCASTS (Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, & Heath Slater)- 4.5/10
Just hearing Mauro Ranallo utter the phrase “the beginnings of a unicorn Stampede” with complete and total seriousness made this match worth it.
If this isn’t going to lead to anything (and I’m certain it won’t), then the New Day shouldn’t have needed to cheat in order to beat the Sadicalz.

ALICIA FOX (w/Brie Bella) vs. CHARLOTTE (w/RIc Flair)- 4/10

R-TRUTH & GOLDUST AT A HOTEL- something else I don’t need to watch after 3:30 am.

ROMAN REIGNS & DEAN AMBROSE vs. ALBERTO DEL RIO & RUSEV (w/Wade Barrett)- 6.75/10
They had another Dean and Roman tease spot. Rusev got pinned again.

A decent episode of Smackdown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/4/2016 Smackdown

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 5th, '16, 08:46

Now, I'm no fan of you chastising the Social Outcasts because I like them. However, if you were to settle on the name "Ministry of Dorkness" all would be forgiven.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 5th, '16, 10:36

NWK2000 wrote:Now, I'm no fan of you chastising the Social Outcasts because I like them. However, if you were to settle on the name "Ministry of Dorkness" all would be forgiven.
It's more fun for me to rotate names, although I think that one will be up there with Sadicalz, Meh-volution, and Loseros del Mal as one of the most commonly used ones.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 5th, '16, 14:06

Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:Now, I'm no fan of you chastising the Social Outcasts because I like them. However, if you were to settle on the name "Ministry of Dorkness" all would be forgiven.
It's more fun for me to rotate names, although I think that one will be up there with Sadicalz, Meh-volution, and Loseros del Mal as one of the most commonly used ones.
Can somebody make a Sadicalz titantron?
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 5th, '16, 19:17

Thank you very much for reviewing Smackdown as of late. I've been wondering if it was worth it to watch, but I just read yoru reviews instead. It's much more entertaining and much quicker. :)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 6th, '16, 17:40

Serujuunin wrote:Thank you very much for reviewing Smackdown as of late. I've been wondering if it was worth it to watch, but I just read yoru reviews instead. It's much more entertaining and much quicker. :)
LOL thanks.

And if I completely stop reviewing it, assume that means it has ceased being worth my time.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 6th, '16, 20:51

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:Thank you very much for reviewing Smackdown as of late. I've been wondering if it was worth it to watch, but I just read yoru reviews instead. It's much more entertaining and much quicker. :)
LOL thanks.

And if I completely stop reviewing it, assume that means it has ceased being worth my time.
Damn, then I'll have to read the Bleacher Report and that's much less entertaining.

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 7th, '16, 06:04

AJ Styles/Jericho and anything Kevin Owens is doing is pretty much the only reason for watching Smackdown.

I can't wait to hear AJ and Jericho called by Ranello (although King will keep spoiling it with his input).
It was great to hear Jericho slyly put King down when referring to AJ as a "rookie". Jericho shot that down and said that The Miz like The King just has ego problems. Made watching smackdown worth it.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 8th, '16, 16:28

XIV wrote:AJ Styles/Jericho and anything Kevin Owens is doing is pretty much the only reason for watching Smackdown.

I can't wait to hear AJ and Jericho called by Ranello (although King will keep spoiling it with his input).
It was great to hear Jericho slyly put King down when referring to AJ as a "rookie". Jericho shot that down and said that The Miz like The King just has ego problems. Made watching smackdown worth it.
Jericho was still saying things like other promotions don't matter and that only accomplishments in the WWE matter. Why shit on other promotions and then try to bring in their top guys? And then try to build them up by saying "so-and-so was a champion here and here and here". Absolutely no sense at all.