BRM Reviews the 1/15/2015 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/15/2015 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 16th, '15, 01:05

BYRON SAXTON INTERVIEWS DANIEL BRYAN- GREAT!

DANIEL BRYAN vs. KANE (w/Triple H, Big Show, Seth Rollins, Joey Mercury, & Jamie Noble)- 6.5/10
They wrestled for a while the Kane working over Bryan’s neck. Bryan was about to win with Yes Lock, but the Stoogerweights ran in and attacked him for the DQ. Bryan managed to get the best of pretty much the entire Authority, then escaped up the ramp. The Authority followed, but Reigns and Ambrose came out to stand with Bryan. Triple H booked Bryan, Reigns, & Ambrose vs. Big Show, Seth Rollins, & Kane in the main event.

BRAY WYATT PROMO- he said stuff.

GRRRRRRR… you don’t have to run the “Smackdown is on Thursdays now” commercial DURING THE FIRST SHOW ON THURSDAY!

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH: The Usos & Naomi vs. The Miz, Damien Miz-Dow, & Alicia Fox- 5.75/10
The Usos stole MCMG’s dive spot where one of them would do a suicide dive through the other’s legs.
The match was fun and had a great finish. I liked that they gave Jimmy and Naomi the chance to do a tandem move.
Jerry Lawler says that Miz makes “terrible movies.” Aren’t all of his movies WWE productions?

SHORT-HAIRED RENE YOUNG INTERVIEWS ROMAN REIGNS- bad, aside from the very end. It came off like an actor reciting lines, not like a rea person saying something. Also, he called Big Show a “crybaby.” And they think this will make us think this guy is cool.

ROYAL RUMBLE MAIN EVENT HYPE SEGMENT- AMAZING!
We started off with an awesome Paul Heyman promo. Among other things, Heyman said that Brock took the title from Cena “like taking candy from a baby,” which put this utterly hilarious visual in my mind of Lesnar actually taking candy from small children and sitting there and giddily eating it in front of them.
Rollins then came out an acted like a babyface. That was weird. Then he decided that he wanted to beat Heyman up instead. Heyman tried to talk him out of it with bravado, but Rollins then cut an AWESOME promo. Among other things, he said that without Heyman, Brock is just a big dumb ape.
Paul Heyman hinted that he is working on taking over the company. Hmmm… #BRMBookedItFirst.
Anyway, this really gave me the feeling that Rollins is going with Heyman. Not necessarily at the Rumble, it will happen at some point.

TNA ran a commercial in which they actually advertised themselves as having “more drama” than other wrestling companies. Really.

NIKKI BELLA (w/Brie Bella) vs. NATALYA (w/Paige)- 0.75/10
I was NOT happy with Paige slapping Nikki during the match. She looked like every heel manager ever.

RENEE YOUNGER INTERVIEWS BIG SHOW- awesome.
And Kane showed up. And they’ll both be in the Royal Rumble. THIS IS YOUR YEAR, KANE! Retake the record for most total eliminations!

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Bad News Barrett(c) vs. Sin Cara- 2.25/10
Very short.

DEAN AMBROSE PROMO- bad. He said that “the ends justify the means” and that he doesn’t care about “any of that ‘do the right thing’ crap.” This was a HEEL PROMO. From a top babyface!

DANIEL BRYAN, ROMAN REIGNS, & DEAN AMBROSE vs. THE AUTHORITY (w/the Stoogerweights)- 6.5/10
I was expecting better.

POST-MATCH STUFF- then Triple H came out and announced Kane vs. Bryan on Smackdown for next week, and if Bryan loses, he is out of the Royal Rumble… which were EXACTLY THE SAME STIPS AS TONIGHT’S MATCH!

A pretty fun Smackdown, but I was really expecting a lot more out of the main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/15/2015 Smackdown

Post by cero2k » Jan 16th, '15, 08:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Paul Heyman hinted that he is working on taking over the company. Hmmm… #BRMBookedItFirst.
Anyway, this really gave me the feeling that Rollins is going with Heyman. Not necessarily at the Rumble, it will happen at some point.
It's been one of the most rumored fantasy bookings lately, that Rollins wins the title because Paul betrays Lesnar, so Lesnar goes to WM as a face. I personally hate the idea.

POST-MATCH STUFF- then Triple H came out and announced Kane vs. Bryan on Smackdown for next week, and if Bryan loses, he is out of the Royal Rumble… which were EXACTLY THE SAME STIPS AS TONIGHT’S MATCH!
I don't remember ever being announced as such

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 16th, '15, 09:52

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Paul Heyman hinted that he is working on taking over the company. Hmmm… #BRMBookedItFirst.
It's been one of the most rumored fantasy bookings lately, that Rollins wins the title because Paul betrays Lesnar, so Lesnar goes to WM as a face. I personally hate the idea.

I hate the idea as well. I'd rather Heyman latch onto Rollins as his new guy once Lesnar leaves.
I believe Steph said so on Raw. Either way, the announcers were pushing this week's match as such.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 19th, '15, 18:12

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: POST-MATCH STUFF- then Triple H came out and announced Kane vs. Bryan on Smackdown for next week, and if Bryan loses, he is out of the Royal Rumble… which were EXACTLY THE SAME STIPS AS TONIGHT’S MATCH!
I remember this, and I thought the same thing.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 19th, '15, 18:15

Serujuunin wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: POST-MATCH STUFF- then Triple H came out and announced Kane vs. Bryan on Smackdown for next week, and if Bryan loses, he is out of the Royal Rumble… which were EXACTLY THE SAME STIPS AS TONIGHT’S MATCH!
I remember this, and I thought the same thing.
Glad to hear I'm not hallucinating.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation