BRM Reviews the 12/26/2011 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/26/2011 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 28th, '11, 12:58

OPENING SEGMENT- pretty good

BOOKER T vs. CODY RHODES- 6.25/10. Not sure why they though that having Cody lose clean, and not via flash pin was a good idea.

CENA & RYDER BACKSTAGE- good

KELLY KELLY & THE BIG SHOW- establishes that this other thing is important.

BIG SHOW, OTUNGA, & JOHNNY ACE- good.

HEELS BACKSTAGE- good.

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH: Eve Torres & Zack Ryder vs. Natalya & Tyson Kidd- 3.25/10. Too short, but at least they didn’t make Nattie look like a punk for the first time in way too long.

JOHN CENA vs. THE MIZ & MIZ BRAWLS WITH R-TRUTH- good segment.

DAVID OTUNGA vs. THE BIG SHOW (with one arm tied behind his back)- No rating. Eh segment. It bothered me that the ref rang the bell for the DQ right when Henry got in the ring (rather than waiting for him to actually hit the Big Show). I also didn’t like Show working himself loose. I think it would have been better to either have Henry just kick his ass, or to have Dragon untie Show’s arm.

ALBERTO DEL RIO PROMO- Good (aside form the dumb stuff with the Bellas)

CM PUNK RUNS THE GAUNTLET- 7/10. I LOVED everything they did with Laurinaitis.

KANE & CENA SEGMENT- AWESOME promo by Kane. Having Cena just stand there on the ramp and listen to Kane, rather than talk at all was a great idea. This could (and hopefully will) have a very interesting effect on Cena’s character. Kane’s new gear is ugly as hell, though. I’m pretty sure that the dueling chants there (the first time, before Kane was spurring them on) were canned, but it was a good use of canned heat because it helped prove an artistic point.

Overall, a very good episode of Raw.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/26/2011 Raw

Post by cero2k » Dec 28th, '11, 13:12

Big Red Machine wrote:
this was the best natural acting i've seen in WWE in a long time. i'm not being sarcastic, the simple "ohh you're in trouble" was even more natural than Punk's promo heard around the world.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 28th, '11, 13:13

The ONE thing I didn't like about Kane's promo was that it came off as VERY similar to Cody's when Cody was still wearing his mask (the parts about why he wore the mask). But I LOVED the 'embrace the hate stuff;' if they'd have tried to justify Kane's attacks in any other way, I'd prolly hate it. This just makes Cena's journey to WM more intriguing; I'm looking forward to seeing what Cena's attitude's gonna be heading into his match with the Rock....

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 28th, '11, 13:14

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
this was the best natural acting i've seen in WWE in a long time. i'm not being sarcastic, the simple "ohh you're in trouble" was even more natural than Punk's promo heard around the world.
very true; and Show doesn't get enough props for his acting abilities; he's pretty natural on the mic.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 28th, '11, 13:29

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I thought this too. And then I thought I was losing my mind because I thought Kelly was being a good actress. o_O

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Dec 28th, '11, 19:01

Damn, I knew I nodded off during Raw but I didn't realise I slept through all the good parts.

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Dec 28th, '11, 19:28

I can't fight the feeling that Cena's gonna turn heel at WrestleMania. I've always been the one to scoff at theories of a Cena heel turn, but I think it might just happen...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 28th, '11, 19:38

Sassafras wrote:I can't fight the feeling that Cena's gonna turn heel at WrestleMania. I've always been the one to scoff at theories of a Cena heel turn, but I think it might just happen...
I think so too, he's gonna go dirty to win over the Rock

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Dec 28th, '11, 21:21

cero2k wrote:
Sassafras wrote:I can't fight the feeling that Cena's gonna turn heel at WrestleMania. I've always been the one to scoff at theories of a Cena heel turn, but I think it might just happen...
I think so too, he's gonna go dirty to win over the Rock
And it's weird, knowing EXACTLY how all the "Little Jimmies" are gonna feel. I was CRUSHED when Stone Cold went heel at WM X-Seven.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 28th, '11, 21:25

Sassafras wrote:
cero2k wrote: I think so too, he's gonna go dirty to win over the Rock
And it's weird, knowing EXACTLY how all the "Little Jimmies" are gonna feel. I was CRUSHED when Stone Cold went heel at WM X-Seven.
I was actually a rock mark during that time, so i didn't really felt it :P

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Dec 28th, '11, 22:23

I was always an Austin mark. Well, even more of a Taker and Foley mark. But Austin, too. :P
Oh, and Jericho! But don't even get me started, there. Because then I'll move on to Edge and Angle and...
I'll shut up.