BRM's thoughts on the 1/3/2011 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 1/3/2011 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '11, 21:01

1. Falls Count Anywhere match for the WWE Title: The Miz(c) (w/Alex Riley) vs John Morrison- 8/10. That is the best match I have seen on WWE TV in a VERY long time.

2. Good promo by Miz.

3. Melina, Maryse, & Alicia Fox vs. Natalya, Brie Bella, & Eve Torres- 2.75/10. Not good, and evne worse, it was booked terribly. If nothing is going to come fomr it, you shouldn't use the "twin magic." Also, Melina shouldn't have been pinned. It doesn't help her at all.

4. The Uso's vs. Santino & Kozlov (w/Tamina)- 4/10
Tamina coming out with Santino should have been something that got at least ONE backstage segment (in the form of an argument between Tamina and the Usos) before it happened. I'm not even sure why Tamina attacked the Uso. She should have at least been conflicted about it. After all, he is her brother.

5. The Punk-Barrett segment was pretty good, especially Punk's promo, which was awesome. The one thing I didn't like was Barrett calling Punk a liar. for Punk's character to work, he can't be a liar.

6. Why is Alberto Del Rio on Raw? Anyway, he was good on the mic. R-Truth was lame.
R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio- 5.25/10

7. Orton's promo was great. I am digging this new tweener Orton.

8. Steel Cage Match for #1 Contendership to the WWE Title: Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Barrett- 7.5/10. Very good match. With two people, the constat teases of escapes can get annoying (see: Bret vs. Owen) but with three it works a lot better.
Punks involvement int he match just perfect.
If you are trying to portray Orton as being compassionless, putting him in the ring with two hated heels isn't thebest idea. A heel and a babyface would have been better. Still, I think that Randy (with some help from Cole's commentary) managed to pull it off pretty well.

Stuid Announcer Quotes:
1. Matthews (about Morrison's dive from off of the giant W)- "I have never seen anyting like that before!"- IT'S A F*CKING CROSSBODY! It wasn't even that impressive, especially when you compare it to Jeff's dive off of the Smackdown fist, or some of the other dives we have seen.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM's thoughts on the 1/3/2011 Raw

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '11, 21:05

Big Red Machine wrote: 3. Melina, Maryse, & Alicia Fox vs. Natalya, Brie Bella, & Eve Torres- 2.75/10. Not good, and evne worse, it was booked terribly. If nothing is going to come fomr it, you shouldn't use the "twin magic." Also, Melina shouldn't have been pinned. It doesn't help her at all.
Agree, way to build up a no 1 contender for the title.
Big Red Machine wrote: 6. Why is Alberto Del Rio on Raw? Anyway, he was good on the mic. R-Truth was lame.
R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio- 5.25/10
while the correct answer is to promote himself and smackdown, a better answer is...why not? he's Del Rio...

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 5th, '11, 00:54

cero2k wrote:why not? he's Del Rio...
It was the time, and it was the place.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 6th, '11, 13:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Stuid Announcer Quotes:
1. Matthews (about Morrison's dive from off of the giant W)- "I have never seen anyting like that before!"- IT'S A F*CKING CROSSBODY! It wasn't even that impressive, especially when you compare it to Jeff's dive off of the Smackdown fist, or some of the other dives we have seen.
Yeah! I wasn't the only to think that him saying it was just plain dumb.

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 8th, '11, 09:14

Rabid619 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Stuid Announcer Quotes:
Yeah! I wasn't the only to think that him saying it was just plain dumb.
I agree with the both of you. It's not as if we haven't seen someone do some crazy dive off the top of something [Jeff Hardy anyone]? I like the push they're trying to give Morrison but with commentating like that, it's just going to fall flat.