RAW Discussion 8/1

Rabid619

Re: RAW Discussion 8/1

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 20:55

Hey D-Bags, you're doing a sh*tty job compared to what JR was doing.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 20:56

D-Bag says that Vince would want Triple H to strip Cena of the WWE Championship.

Out comes Cena.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 1st, '11, 20:59

cena is very disrespectful

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 21:00

I like Cena's impression of John D-Bag. Yes i know his name, besides the fact that i dont know the exact spelling of it and even if i did i wouldnt use it. He's too much of a D-Bag.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 21:00

Cena wants to punch him again and he steps out of the ring instead.

I smell a non decision and they'll fight it out at SS.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 21:04

Triple H officially announces Punk vs Cena at SummerSlam, winner is Undisputed WWE Champion.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 21:06

Punk raises his belt and Cult of Personality plays, Cena raises his and his music plays. Punk goes to the turnbuckle and Cult of Personality comes back on. Cena goes to a turnbuckle as well and his music plays. Now they're going back and forth with the dueling music.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 1st, '11, 21:07

that WAS a bigger pop for Cena, hands down.

so champion vs champion. oh Trips, it's your second RAW and you're already being way to predictable

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Aug 1st, '11, 21:11

Hey guys,

I told ya and I knew it

Cena vs. Punk WWE Heavyweight Champion vs. WWE Heavyweight Champion

That reminds me of when Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels were the WWE I-C Heavyweight Champions and they had a Undisputed Title Match @ Wrestlemania X

Interesting

and also, Beth Phoenix will return to Summerslam and she's looking to become that next woman to win the WWE Women's Title and the WWE Divas Title

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 3rd, '11, 17:32

I'm not entirely sure why, but this RAW just left me feeling incredibly annoyed.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 3rd, '11, 17:40

Serujuunin wrote:I'm not entirely sure why, but this RAW just left me feeling incredibly annoyed.
honestly, me too, i kinda feel like the whole thing they had going on with Punk is now meh that we know what their match will be at SS.

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Aug 3rd, '11, 17:51

I think they kind of killed Punks momentum. They could have at least kept him out of action until Summerslam, with him doing his social media stuff. Then, at Summerslam, have Cena vs Del Rio, have Cena win, and The Rock come out and beat Cena down. Then, Del Rio cash in MitB and beat Cena. Finally, out comes Punk, with the belt, and Del Rio is stripped of his, but it still counts as him cashing in MitB. And easy as that, you now have a triple threat match for the next PPV.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 3rd, '11, 18:09

Shogun Rua wrote:I think they kind of killed Punks momentum. They could have at least kept him out of action until Summerslam, with him doing his social media stuff. Then, at Summerslam, have Cena vs Del Rio, have Cena win, and The Rock come out and beat Cena down. Then, Del Rio cash in MitB and beat Cena. Finally, out comes Punk, with the belt, and Del Rio is stripped of his, but it still counts as him cashing in MitB. And easy as that, you now have a triple threat match for the next PPV.
They're waiting until Survivor Series so they can properly hype the Rock though. WWE has shown they don't think the internet can carry a feud enough that they cant hype it on TV. They're going to have the Rock back on RAW probably around Survivor Series to have him get in Cena's face. As much as i'd love to see Rock come back completely unannounced at SummerSlam, right now WWE wouldn't do it. Them bringing Punk back this soon is proof as to why. They fear people will be uninterested or get bored of it.

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Aug 3rd, '11, 18:57

So, they fear the internet can't carry a feud, yet Zack Ryder (who I think is horrible) got himself over using only the internet, despite only usually being on Superstars, or jobbing on RAW.

And how would people get uninterested or bored of The Rock? If people were going to get bored of him, it would have been around the 98th time he said he was coming back, but then just disappeared again. And I doubt it's the WWE's choice to wait until Survivor Series to bring him back, it's probably Rocky's choice. If they were going to bring him back on their terms, he'd be back.

And by the way, the WM match between Cena and The Rock, is going to be a major crapfest.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:02

Rabid619 wrote:
Shogun Rua wrote:I think they kind of killed Punks momentum. They could have at least kept him out of action until Summerslam, with him doing his social media stuff. Then, at Summerslam, have Cena vs Del Rio, have Cena win, and The Rock come out and beat Cena down. Then, Del Rio cash in MitB and beat Cena. Finally, out comes Punk, with the belt, and Del Rio is stripped of his, but it still counts as him cashing in MitB. And easy as that, you now have a triple threat match for the next PPV.
They're waiting until Survivor Series so they can properly hype the Rock though. WWE has shown they don't think the internet can carry a feud enough that they cant hype it on TV. They're going to have the Rock back on RAW probably around Survivor Series to have him get in Cena's face. As much as i'd love to see Rock come back completely unannounced at SummerSlam, right now WWE wouldn't do it. Them bringing Punk back this soon is proof as to why. They fear people will be uninterested or get bored of it.
I've actually heard quite the opposite; I heard that WWE is pleased with the progress that's been made through the social media outlets (Punk, Ryder, and the Cena v. Rock feud). If they didn't think it was doing well enough, wouldn't they try to bring the Rock in sooner (Summerslam, like Shogun said) than later (Survivor Series, like they're gonna do)?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:08

badnewzxl wrote:I've actually heard quite the opposite; I heard that WWE is pleased with the progress that's been made through the social media outlets (Punk, Ryder, and the Cena v. Rock feud). If they didn't think it was doing well enough, wouldn't they try to bring the Rock in sooner (Summerslam, like Shogun said) than later (Survivor Series, like they're gonna do)?
They feared that they couldn't keep Punk with the WWE title around while "unemployed" so they brought him back so soon. I did read that somewhere that wasn't LOP. Ryder did get himself over and they finally listened to the crowd by putting him on TV. They honestly could have kept it going with Punk but they got scared and brought him back. Bringing the Rock back at SummerSlam would be a shocker but i think they're gonna try to wait for it at Survivor Series so they can build up towards it a bit.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:12

Rabid619 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:I've actually heard quite the opposite; I heard that WWE is pleased with the progress that's been made through the social media outlets (Punk, Ryder, and the Cena v. Rock feud). If they didn't think it was doing well enough, wouldn't they try to bring the Rock in sooner (Summerslam, like Shogun said) than later (Survivor Series, like they're gonna do)?
They feared that they couldn't keep Punk with the WWE title around while "unemployed" so they brought him back so soon. I did read that somewhere that wasn't LOP. Ryder did get himself over and they finally listened to the crowd by putting him on TV. They honestly could have kept it going with Punk but they got scared and brought him back. Bringing the Rock back at SummerSlam would be a shocker but i think they're gonna try to wait for it at Survivor Series so they can build up towards it a bit.
True. It WOULD be awesome if the Rock got involved in the Summerslam match though; esp since both Punk and Cena have had harsh words for the Rock...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:18

I kind of agree with all of you, though I'm not really sure if that's the reason I got annoyed after watching RAW lol. IMO, I think it was because everything they did they kind of half-a**ed, rather than doing it to the best of their abilities. I think if they'd done that then it would have been better. For instance, having Hunter at the beginning of the show, then interviewed in the middle, and then at the end was irritating. Just have the Hunter/Punk confrontation happen at the end of the show before Hunter makes the announcement, Hunter tells Punk to come up with new material, and Laurinitis (I don't care if I misspelled) comes out, makes his case, Cena comes out, et cetera. Then that particular angle would have had everything they wanted and wouldn't have shoved Hunter down our throats three times in one show.

That's just my opinion, and just an example of why I think this particular episode put me right off.

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:21

Serujuunin wrote: That's just my opinion, and just an example of why I think this particular episode put me right off.
The amount of promo time altogether was bad too.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 3rd, '11, 19:24

Shogun Rua wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: That's just my opinion, and just an example of why I think this particular episode put me right off.
The amount of promo time altogether was bad too.
This is very true too. How many matches were there, like, three? Maybe four, I don't really remember, but still, that's HORRIBLE for a three hour show.