CM Punk's history making moment

ECWFlairfan

CM Punk's history making moment

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:02

Congratulations to CM Punk... the very first WWE Triple Crown winner of the Brands era:

ECW World Champion (ECW)
WWE World Champion (RAW)
WWE World Champion (Smackdown)
WWE Champion (RAW)

All 3 World titles, and has held the top belt on all 3 Brands. Also former OVW champion when OVW was WWE's primary developmental!!!

Congrats Punk... you deserve it!!!

KILLdozer

Re: CM Punk's history making moment

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 17th, '11, 21:04

kanes held all three as well
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:09

KILLdozer wrote:kanes held all three as well
Yes, and while Kane was actually the first to hold all 3 belts, he never ruled RAW as a brand after the brand extension... which that was my point...

So Kane & CM Punk are the only two to hold all 3 WWE World titles at one point in their career, only Christian, Mark Henry, Big Show, Ezekiel Jackson & John Morrison are able to match that feat in the current WWE. (And if Big Show accomplishes that he's the only one that can hold all 3 WWE brand World titles along with the WCW title)

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 17th, '11, 21:17

ROH World Title...
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 17th, '11, 21:25

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Yes, and while Kane was actually the first to hold all 3 belts, he never ruled RAW as a brand after the brand extension... which that was my point...

So Kane & CM Punk are the only two to hold all 3 WWE World titles at one point in their career, only Christian, Mark Henry, Big Show, Ezekiel Jackson & John Morrison are able to match that feat in the current WWE. (And if Big Show accomplishes that he's the only one that can hold all 3 WWE brand World titles along with the WCW title)
JOHN MORRISON. :x

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:31

I'm talking about WWE national/cable televised brands guys... yes, he held ROH & OVW titles but those two titles aren't WWE national/cable televised brands... however is it probable for Punk to go to TNA, & then NWA to win their top titles to complete the gammit? we'll find out in the next decade or so...

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:33

and let's not forget that CM Punk is the latest Traditional Triple Crown Winner in the WWE

Holding the traditional WWE World Tag Team Championship, WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship and the traditional WWE Heavyweight Championship

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:36

womenwrestlerfan wrote:and let's not forget that CM Punk is the latest Traditional Triple Crown Winner in the WWE

Holding the traditional WWE World Tag Team Championship, WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship and the traditional WWE Heavyweight Championship
is there anyone else who can do that left???

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Jul 17th, '11, 21:40

Well Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Big Show, The Undertaker and The Miz just needs the I-C Title to become Traditional Triple Crown Winners and the same can be said about Batista

Now, just so ya know, CM Punk is also the latest guy to hold both the WWE Heavyweight Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship in the WWE

Here's the list:

Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angle
The Undertaker
Edge
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
John Cena
Batista
Jeff Hardy
Kane
CM Punk

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 17th, '11, 21:47

ECWFlairfan wrote:

two things here. WWE does not recognize the ECW title as a World Title.

Also, technically, Swagger, and Mr McMahon can also do this. Or a returning RVD, Dreamer, Lashley, matt hardy, or Chavo.