Sooo... That Was Weird and Terrible

Big Red Machine

Sooo... That Was Weird and Terrible

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '19, 12:49

That wedding has to go down as an all-time terrible segment, right?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Re: Sooo... That Was Weird and Terrible

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 31st, '19, 13:13

When does a wedding ever turn out to be a good segment?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '19, 13:23

Serujuunin wrote: Dec 31st, '19, 13:13 When does a wedding ever turn out to be a good segment?
Savage/Liz?

But even so, this was MILES worse than the others.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 31st, '19, 13:27

This whole angle has been a "hold my beer" shit show from one week to the next, so hopefully we've hit the peak of silly and can start down the slope of these two having matches...

I had a BRM level "F*ck This F*cking C*mpany" meltdown at the Liv Morgan reveal. Why give her the vignettes? They don't make any sense now... and I was really excited for that.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '19, 13:37

Bob-O wrote: Dec 31st, '19, 13:27 This whole angle has been a "hold my beer" shit show from one week to the next, so hopefully we've hit the peak of silly and can start down the slope of these two having matches...

I had a BRM level "F*ck This F*cking C*mpany" meltdown at the Liv Morgan reveal. Why give her the vignettes? They don't make any sense now... and I was really excited for that.
No... they make perfect sense now. It makes it maybe feel more cliche than it should, and it's certainly a disappointing direction for those to have wound up pointing in, but I still think the vignettes make sense.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 1st, '20, 03:47

Bob-O wrote: Dec 31st, '19, 13:27 This whole angle has been a "hold my beer" shit show from one week to the next, so hopefully we've hit the peak of silly and can start down the slope of these two having matches...

I must have fast forward-ed through this, because I missed it completely.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 1st, '20, 06:35

and apparently the ratings and retention of the wedding was really high.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 1st, '20, 10:56

cero2k wrote: Jan 1st, '20, 06:35 and apparently the ratings and retention of the wedding was really high.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 31st, '19, 13:37 No... they make perfect sense now. It makes it maybe feel more cliche than it should, and it's certainly a disappointing direction for those to have wound up pointing in, but I still think the vignettes make sense.
You're right, I shouldn't have said they don't make sense. What I should have said was that I was really excited for Liv's return and now I hate it. The vignettes were wide open for interpretation, silly me thought one of my favorite characters was going to come back even cooler than before. Not only was I wrong, she was also inserted into one of my least favorite angles of all time.

For real, usually when something is bad I can at least make fun of it. This is so bad that I can't... then they un-Harley Quinned Liv Morgan to be used in it. I already didn't like it, but now they've made it personal.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 2nd, '20, 11:10

Bob-O wrote: Jan 1st, '20, 10:56
cero2k wrote: Jan 1st, '20, 06:35 and apparently the ratings and retention of the wedding was really high.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 31st, '19, 13:37 No... they make perfect sense now. It makes it maybe feel more cliche than it should, and it's certainly a disappointing direction for those to have wound up pointing in, but I still think the vignettes make sense.
You're right, I shouldn't have said they don't make sense. What I should have said was that I was really excited for Liv's return and now I hate it. The vignettes were wide open for interpretation, silly me thought one of my favorite characters was going to come back even cooler than before. Not only was I wrong, she was also inserted into one of my least favorite angles of all time.

For real, usually when something is bad I can at least make fun of it. This is so bad that I can't... then they un-Harley Quinned Liv Morgan to be used in it. I already didn't like it, but now they've made it personal.
Hey-so much for all those "Liv Morgan Firefly Funhouse " theory guys all over the internet huh!

I have no idea where that idea even came from though...lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 2nd, '20, 11:47

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 2nd, '20, 11:10 I have no idea where that idea even came from though...lol
The build was so open ended, it really could have been anything. People imagined good ideas...

I can't wait for the Women's Battle Royal at Wrestlemania where we could potentially see Liv Morgan, Alexa Bliss, Candice Larea, Sable, Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Trish Stratus, Mandy Rose, Natalya, and Toni Storm in the same ring at the same time.

It'd be a great drinking game for every time an announcer says "uhhh...", chug every time they get one wrong...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 2nd, '20, 12:00

Also related to this episode...as entertaining as the Randy Orton injury thing ended up being...what was the point?

"Randy Orton once again makes AJ Styles look like a fool and drives him crazy yet again"?

Seems awfully contrived when we were even show shots of when it happened only for him to be faking it lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 2nd, '20, 20:04

Bob-O wrote: Jan 2nd, '20, 11:47
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 2nd, '20, 11:10 I have no idea where that idea even came from though...lol
The build was so open ended, it really could have been anything. People imagined good ideas...

I can't wait for the Women's Battle Royal at Wrestlemania where we could potentially see Liv Morgan, Alexa Bliss, Candice Larea, Sable, Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Trish Stratus, Mandy Rose, Natalya, and Toni Storm in the same ring at the same time.

It'd be a great drinking game for every time an announcer says "uhhh...", chug every time they get one wrong...
I actually kind of hope this happens now for the lols.