WWE Put Out A YouTube Video Burying Last Week's Raw Crowd Before This Week's Raw

Bob-O

WWE Put Out A YouTube Video Burying Last Week's Raw Crowd Before This Week's Raw

Post by Bob-O » Feb 26th, '19, 08:56

Just in case you were wondering where WWE stands in the grand scheme of things. Could you imagine if anyone else tried something like that???

NWK2000

Re: WWE Put Out A YouTube Video Burying Last Week's Raw Crowd Before This Week's Raw

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 09:05

A well deserved mocking I'd say. If you're presented with the opportunity to spend a lot of money to go to a show you can anticipate not liking, don't go.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE Put Out A YouTube Video Burying Last Week's Raw Crowd Before This Week's Raw

Post by cero2k » Feb 26th, '19, 09:09

i just puked a little, WWE is the corporate embodiment of insecurity.

"breaking down barriers, breaking down walls, changing the entertainment business as a whole", i just puked a little bit more.

also, who the fuck is Pat McAfee? fucking stooge
A well deserved mocking I'd say. If you're presented with the opportunity to spend a lot of money to go to a show you can anticipate not liking, don't go.
no fan should ever be mocked for not liking your product. If anything else, WWE should know their fanbase better to know where to go and what to deliver where. People don't go with the anticipation of not liking, WWE simply didn't delivered what those fans wanted to see.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 26th, '19, 09:24

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 09:05 A well deserved mocking I'd say. If you're presented with the opportunity to spend a lot of money to go to a show you can anticipate not liking, don't go.
Kinda disagree. You can't get mad at people for not being entertained by you, or entertained ENOUGH by you. You take notes, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

It's not like every post/review/joke/whatever we make here or anywhere online is a banger... could you imagine going to Facebook and saying "What's WRONG with you people!? The page I copied that meme from had 180k likes on it, and you give me 3!? You three people, right on! You get it, the rest of you are pathetic."

That's essentially what they're doing here.
cero2k wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 09:09 i just puked a little, WWE is the corporate embodiment of insecurity.

"breaking down barriers, breaking down walls, changing the entertainment business as a whole", i just puked a little bit more.

also, who the fuck is Pat McAfee? fucking stooge
Same.

I've heard of Pat McAfee but I don't know why... WWE just signed him a few weeks ago.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 11:23

cero2k wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 09:09 i just puked a little, WWE is the corporate embodiment of insecurity.

no fan should ever be mocked for not liking your product. If anything else, WWE should know their fanbase better to know where to go and what to deliver where. People don't go with the anticipation of not liking, WWE simply didn't delivered what those fans wanted to see.
WWE shouldn't mock them, but they deserve to be mocked for throwing their disposable income at things they don't enjoy. Also I'm willing to hedge my bets and say Pat McAfee is an ex-football player?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 26th, '19, 11:40

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 11:23 Also I'm willing to hedge my bets and say Pat McAfee is an ex-football player?
I think he was a annylist on a sportshow.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 12:05

They shouldn't do this, but if they do, they should make it a thing where Lafayette, LA is now WWE's mortal enemy. They should bury the city with every chance they get and encourage fans to bring signs that do the same. Have a permanent jobber team called "The Lafayette Losers," as well as a singles jobber named "Lafayette LeGrande." Take someone universally despised like Baron Corbin and have him cutting promo talking about how he has moved to Lafayette, and even though the streets are dirty and the school system is trash, he finds that the people there think similarly to him and thus considers them kindred spirits and so he has moved there, and from now on he wants to be billed as coming from Lafayette, LA. Just go all out with it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 26th, '19, 12:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 12:05 They shouldn't do this, but if they do, they should make it a thing where Lafayette, LA is now WWE's mortal enemy. They should bury the city with every chance they get and encourage fans to bring signs that do the same. Have a permanent jobber team called "The Lafayette Losers," as well as a singles jobber named "Lafayette LeGrande." Take someone universally despised like Baron Corbin and have him cutting promo talking about how he has moved to Lafayette, and even though the streets are dirty and the school system is trash, he finds that the people there think similarly to him and thus considers them kindred spirits and so he has moved there, and from now on he wants to be billed as coming from Lafayette, LA. Just go all out with it.
they'd would have to pay it off doing another show there

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 12:39

cero2k wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 12:36
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 12:05 They shouldn't do this, but if they do, they should make it a thing where Lafayette, LA is now WWE's mortal enemy. They should bury the city with every chance they get and encourage fans to bring signs that do the same. Have a permanent jobber team called "The Lafayette Losers," as well as a singles jobber named "Lafayette LeGrande." Take someone universally despised like Baron Corbin and have him cutting promo talking about how he has moved to Lafayette, and even though the streets are dirty and the school system is trash, he finds that the people there think similarly to him and thus considers them kindred spirits and so he has moved there, and from now on he wants to be billed as coming from Lafayette, LA. Just go all out with it.
they'd would have to pay it off doing another show there
Absolutely not! Don't ever go back there and just keep burying them. Teach the rest of the WWE Universe that if you don't react well and aren't an important enough town, you will not get WWE in your town anymore. Mortal enemy-hood, much like the nWo, is 4 life!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 26th, '19, 13:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 12:39 Teach the rest of the WWE Universe that if you don't react well and aren't an important enough town, you will not get WWE in your town anymore.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 13:21

I know you're being sarcastic but this is honestly the best idea you've ever had.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 26th, '19, 13:22

I forget where (Madison, Wisconsin maybe?) that Vince wouldn't let anyone name on-air because it didn't sound big enough for Raw...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 13:28

Bob-O wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:22 I forget where (Madison, Wisconsin maybe?) that Vince wouldn't let anyone name on-air because it didn't sound big enough for Raw...
There are several places like this. Lafayette is one of them (they'll say they're "at the Cajun Dome" but won't ever mention the city). I believe one of their Seattle area stops also gets this treatment. They also tend to do it when they go to MetLife stadium for Mania, which is in East Rutherford, NJ as part of the world-famous Meadowlands sports complex, but "East Rutherford" itself is almost never mentioned, and they try to shove NYC landmarks onto the logo.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 13:29

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:21
I know you're being sarcastic but this is honestly the best idea you've ever had.
I'm just saying that if you're going to do something like this, you need to go all the way with it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 13:31

Bob-O wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:22 I forget where (Madison, Wisconsin maybe?) that Vince wouldn't let anyone name on-air because it didn't sound big enough for Raw...
He did this for King of the Ring 1993 too. Kept calling it "The Heartland of America" instead of "Dayton Ohio"

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 26th, '19, 13:58

I wonder what the criteria is for towns to have a name?

I'm trying to think of the last time they announced a city that doesn't have a major sports team and what that city was...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 17:38

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:31
He did this for King of the Ring 1993 too. Kept calling it "The Heartland of America" instead of "Dayton Ohio"
LOL! That's basically the opposite of Great American Bash 1989 where the show took place in Baltimore, but instead of pictures of the skyline they showed random pictures of horses grazing in a country field.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 26th, '19, 17:41

Bob-O wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:58 I wonder what the criteria is for towns to have a name?

I'm trying to think of the last time they announced a city that doesn't have a major sports team and what that city was...
Wilkes-Barre, PA usually gets the "Mohegan Sun Arena" treatment."

In 2019 alone I believe I remember hearing Wichita, Birmingham (AL, not UK), and Toledo all named.
Someone go back and check the show two weeks ago to see what they did for Grand Rapids, MI.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 26th, '19, 19:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 17:38
NWK2000 wrote: Feb 26th, '19, 13:31
LOL! That's basically the opposite of Great American Bash 1989 where the show took place in Baltimore, but instead of pictures of the skyline they showed random pictures of horses grazing in a country field.
"The show opened to cows grazing, everyone." -Vincent Verhei.