BRM Reviews the 1/28/2019 Raw (horrid)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/28/2019 Raw (horrid)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '19, 14:02

The WrestleMania sign is back. Damn. I thought we were going to be able to get away without it this year.

OPENING SEGMENT- didn’t like it
Rollins comes out and cuts a big babyface promo. The crowd tells he him he deserved to win the Rumble. Whatever. He milks the idea of pointing at the f*cking sign. He says he promised himself he wasn’t going to, but he has to because “this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Dude… this is going to be your SIXTH WrestleMania. How is it a once in a lifetime opportunity to point at the f*cking sign? In fact, I’ll bet you he has probably pointed at WrestleMania sign multiple times before in his life.
Seth now starts to wonder which champion he should challenge. Just shut up and challenge Brock already. We all know that’s what you’re going to do so just get on with it.
Seth says he’ll have to take some time to think about it, but then Hunter’s music hits. The fans all loudly chant “NXT!” Hunter started by doing what I sure hope was making fun of Seth’s comment about his lifelong dream being to point at the WrestleMania sign. They’re pushing a boyhood dream narrative, and Hunter tells Seth he’s proud of him for stepping up like Hunter told him to a few weeks ago. Hunter then cuts a promo about the Royal Rumble and starts putting over Rollins. Then he tells Seth that Seth has a decision to make about whose championship he will challenge for at WrestleMania. Yeah. We know, Hunter. Seth just said all of this.
Hunter says that Becky Lynch will be making her decision tomorrow on Smackdown and tells Seth that he has to make his decision tonight. Why? They’ve never pressured anyone before, so why are things suddenly different this year?
For the second time in this segment, Seth tells us that this will be a hard decision for him. Dean Ambrose came out and said that this segment was making him angry, so he and I are on the same page. Dean warns Seth not to cozy up to Hunter by reminding him that Hunter turned on Seth a few years ago. Hunter rightly points out that Dean doesn’t have a leg to stand on because Dean turned on Seth just a few months ago.
Hunter and Dean yell at each other. Dean is yelling at Seth, telling him that he is a “suck-up” to Hunter and yelling “you’ve changed, man!” Did I fall into a time vortex and it’s 2015 again?
Dean claims that Seth has never been able to beat him without help. He challenges Hunter to book the match. Hunter ignores him, so Dean tries to get under Hunter’s skin by asking him if he needs Vince’s permission to book the match. This goads Hunter into booking the match. I honestly don’t understand why he didn’t just book it in the first place.
This was a bad segment. It somehow managed to be both redundant and meandering. Throw in the whole “this year we absolutely must have your answer as soon as possible because nebulous reasons,” part and I found this whole thing to be obnoxious, dull, and devoid of any real storyline merit.

DEAN AMBROSE vs. SETH ROLLINS- 5.75/10
Rollins won clean, so there goes any story they could have pushed at any point in the future about Rollins never having beaten Ambrose cleanly. Also, the bump Dean took on the Curb Stomp for the finish was utterly ridiculous.

The following matches are being advertised for tonight: Ronda defending her title in an open challenge, Angle vs. Corbin, and Drew vs. Strowman.

A WEIRD SEGMENT- weird.
When we come back from a commercial break, Ambrose is still in the ring, sitting on a chair and holding a microphone. He is about to start cutting a promo when he gets interrupted by Nia Jax and Tamina. They’re coming out for their women’s tag title qualifier. Cole recapped Nia’s foray into the Men’s Royal Rumble last night, which got me thinking: does this mean Dean could beat Nia up and take her place in this match? If not, why is the Royal Rumble different?
Anyway, Tamina distracted Dean and Nia attacked him from behind. It was one forearm that Dean didn’t really even sell. Yes, he went forward through the ropes and down to the floor, but he landed firmly on his feet and the whole thing looked so controlled that it almost felt like Dean did it on his own just to appease Nia in the hopes that she’d leave him alone. Many referees came out to try to separate them and they eventually did. I have no idea where they’re going with this “Nia Jax fights dudes” stuff, but it’s not going to be good.

ALEXA BLISS! & MICKIE JAMES IN-SET PROMO- now I’m even more confused!
Based on the past two weeks of TV you’d think that if any one of these four was turning babyface, it’d be Alexa (especially after her interaction with the clearly heel Lacey Evans last week). Instead, we had Alexa and Mickie here saying that the two large Samoan women holding “those pure, beautiful, shiny championships” would be the equivalent of “putting lipstick on a pig.” I’m sorry… is Nia Jax supposed to be a babyface again? Or are we just having a rare heel vs. heel match for no reason.
Making matters worse, after hearing Mickie engage in this mean, horrible act of body-shaming and Alexa laugh uproariously at it, how did our babyface announcers react? Renee Young helpfully informed us that the “Larry Steve” Alexa mentioned is the name of Alexa’s pet pig, while Michael Cole just casually transitioned into talking about the match we’re about to see.
Also, based on what we saw last year, I believe Nia and Tamina are now each owed a shot at the Raw Women’s Title. Or is that only if you cry after someone calls you fat on TV, and they don’t get one this time because they didn’t cry?

WOMEN’S TAG TEAM TITLE ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER: Alexa Bliss! & Mickie James vs. Nia Jax & Tamina- 3.75/10
Only about ten seconds after the match started did it actually hit me that this is Alexa’s second match overall and first match on Raw since OCTOBER because SHE MISSED THREE MONTHS DUE TO A CONCUSSION that she suffered BECAUSE NIA JAX IS A SLOPPY WORKER. And what do they do here? THEY PUT HER RIGHT BACK IN THE RING WITH NIA JAX! And it’s not even like Alexa’s injury was an isolated incident with Nia… and even in just three months that Alexa was out, Nia managed to concuss TWO OTHER WOMEN.
Remember when Orton and Cena got Mr. Kennedy fired for being sloppy and hurting people? Can someone maybe do that to Nia?

Anyway, Alexa started off with Tamina and managed to relatively quickly hit Insult to Injury. After Alexa hit this cool move, Tamina cut her off and the big, mean, women beat on the much smaller Alexa for a while. Alexa finally managed to hit a big move- another really cool-looking move, the Glitter Blizzard/Code Red. Then her tag team partner reached her hand out as far as it could go while pounding the turnbuckle with her other hand, and the fans all started clapping along as Alexa crawled towards Mickie to tag her in but the big, mean, strong woman pulled her back by the leg. She got Alexa up for a powerslam but Alexa slipped free, rolled under the hulking Tamina’s clothesline attempt, dives towards her partner and, Ricky to Robert, she makes the big tag and Mickie James comes in and runs wild on her larger opponent, including a big flying Thesz Press off the top turnbuckle and a hurricanrana.
WHY DID THEY HAVE ALEXA & MICKIE CUT A HEEL PROMO, THEN STRUCTURE A MATCH WHERE ALEXA & MICKIE ARE THE BABYFACES?!
While this is happening, Renee Young is talking about how “what Nia Jax did last night” makes her a “role model” for little girls everywhere, like Nia is some sort of big babyface. Am I supposed to forget that Nia assaulted Lana for no reason last night and similarly tried to injure Becky Lynch because she was upset that Becky eliminated her from the Royal Rumble?
Meanwhile, the fans all chanted “RKO!” THIS IS HORRENDOUS!
Nia eventually got tagged in and cut Mickie off. There was a timing screw up and a spot that seemed like was going to be Alexa coming off the top with a big dropkick to save Mickie from a Samoan Drop wound up with Alexa hesitating and maybe trying to climb down but then going back up and getting caught on Nia’s shoulders as well for a double Samoan Drop and then Nia pins Mickie.
WHAT IS NIA? Is she a babyface? Is she a heel? She can’t be both at the same f*cking time!
This whole thing is so frustrating and backwards and I don’t know what the f*ck is going on!

Other than all of that, the match felt like it was going a step or two slower than normal, especially when Tamina was legal, so I’ll put the blame on her. This was not a good match. Nothing about this situation is even remotely close to being good.

DASHA INTERVIEWS KURT ANGLE- decent
Well… they claimed it was Dasha but we never saw her, just the microphone. This was taped earlier and interspersed with footage relevant to Dasha’s questions, which mostly revolved around Drew McIntyre, so I assume they’re actually going to pay that off. Drew winning clean and Kurt showing him respect after the match to turn Drew babyface seems like a good idea to me.

Wait a minute… why does Kurt need to get revenge on Baron Corbin now? Didn’t Kurt and a big gang of dudes beat Corbin up at TLC and cost him his job as General Manager of Monday Night Raw? And then do the exact same thing the next night, too?

BARON CORBIN vs. KURT ANGLE- 2.25/10
Corbin started cutting a promo on Kurt so Kurt punched him. Kurt controlled most of the match, Angle Slam for a nearfall, then Corbin just hit Deep Six- NOT his finisher- and won.
On its own this wasn’t very fun to watch, but the commentary made it a downright miserable experience. It was right back to the insufferable bickering we had during the Corbin Era, with Graves being a heel and making BS heel points, while Renee and Cole yelled babyface talking points right back at him that were also total BS because the two of them are completely blind to the total incompetence with which Kurt was running the show in the first place.
At one point Cole claimed that the “vacation” that Corbin talked Steph into sending Kurt on hit the point where Kurt “had to go back into the wrestling ring to provide for his family.” Kurt was ordered to take a vacation on August 20th. He returned during the build up to the PPV That Must Not Be Named in the Country That Must Not Me Named. Are you telling me that Kurt Angle ran out of money in TWO MONTHS?!
Also, I love how Steph escapes receiving any blame for this. Corbin convinced Steph to do it… but Steph still decided to go ahead and do it. Corbin didn’t zap her with a mind control ray first. And Steph was Corbin’s f*cking supervisor the whole time he was running the show into the ground and she never did a damn thing about it. I would LOVE to know whether Renee came up with the line on her own or whether she was specifically directed to say that Corbin ruined Raw “single-handedly.”
Renee and Cole were being SOOOOO f*cking annoying that when Corbin won and Graves started to gloat, I laughed my ass off imaging their stunned facial expressions. Renee declared that Corbin’s victory tonight was “such a dark moment” because “everybody’s been celebrating what Royal Rumble was last night, and now we’ve got to deal with this.” “Celebrating what Royal Rumble was?” There’s some nebulous bullsh*t for you. And calling it “a dark moment” just because someone you don’t like won the match fair and square… didn’t you used to hosts a sports review show, Renee? I really hope she didn't get like this every time the Canadiens lost.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Corbin came back and hit Kurt with his finisher because I guess he forgot to hit during the match.

FINN BALOR IS CONGRATULATED BY JOBBERS AND SASHA BANKS FOR HIS VALIANT EFFORT LAST NIGHT- I can’t believe I’m back to calling Apollo Crews a jobber already. And I’m calling Rhyno- one of my all-time favorite wrestlers- a jobber. That’s what this company has done to these people. Balor was still selling from last night, so props to him for that.

FINN BALOR & BOBBY LASHLEY SEGMENT- fine, I guess
Balor didn’t do his entrance pose, and the announcers even pointed it out. He began to cut a promo explaining to us why his head was still held high after his loss. He was quickly interrupted by Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush. Lio said that Lashley is bigger and stronger than Brock and thus would obliterate Balor if they ever fought. Balor makes fun of Lashley for only lasting twelve seconds in the Royal Rumble so Lashley beat him up. Lashley is doing a chokeslam now. Chokeslams are awesome.
Well… at least they actually made Lashley’s short tenure in the Rumble mean something afterwards.

THE REVIVAL vs. CURT HAWKINS & ZACK RYDER- 1/10
It’s the Edge-Heads’ first match back together after their big reunion last week… and they lose cleanly to The Revival in three minutes.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS DANIEL BRYAN (W/ERICK ROWAN)- Bryan’s promo was good, burying Rollins for his dumb catchphrase by saying it encourages “air pollution and wanton destruction” (he’s not wrong) and insisting that he would have beaten AJ Styles last night even without Rowan’s help. He says that if Seth chooses to challenge him, he will “end all of Seth Rollins’ WrestleMnaia hopes tonight.”
Even Bryan being here just so he can have a face-to-face with Seth if Seth chooses him is silly, but Rowan being here too is just ridiculous. Raw wrestlers stay on Raw, Smackdown wrestlers stay on Smackdown. Is it really that hard to get this right?

PEOPLE WHO SING RANDOMLY HAVE A SEGMENT- I’m SOOO confused right now!
First Elias comes out and he’s acting like a heel all of a sudden. He is interrupted by Jeff Jarrett and everyone cheers for some inexplicable reason. Jeff starts to cut a babyface promo but gets interrupted by Road Dogg (wearing a Becky Lynch shirt). Aren’t these two supposed to be enemies? Road Dogg hits a D-X catchphrase, which is totally out of place here in a segment that is relying on Road Dogg’s history as “The Real Double J.” They sing With My Baby Tonight” while Road Dogg convinces Renee Young- not only a married woman, but one whose husband is in the building at this very moment- to get up and dance with him. Graves begins to shame Renee for not knowing the words to the song. Why is any of this happening?
The Drifter hit Road Dogg in the back with a guitar. I assume this was supposed to be a heel move, but I popped anyway because it means this waste of time is coming to an end. The Drifter tried to beat Jeff Jarrett up, too, but Jeff beat him up instead. He might be old and out of shape, but Jeff still has one heck of a punch. Jeff went to hit The Drifter with a guitar but The Drifter hit him in the nuts and then took him out with the guitar. Why the hell did they turn The Drifter heel?

DANA BROOKE & NATTIE BACKSTAGE- bad
Dana tells Nattie “I know Ember Moon got hurt and she was your first choice to be your tag partner tonight.” Ember? Isn’t the natural team Nattie and Ronda? Yes, I know Ronda has an open challenge tonight, but why couldn’t WWE have just waited to do one of the qualifiers next week?
Dana vows that she won’t let Nattie down. She’s not happy with Nattie’s response that “all that matters is that we try our hardest,” so she makes the ridiculous claim that not only is she better than Ember, but better than Nattie as well. This has to be Dana’s fifth turn in six months or something like that.

A BROODING MAN IS SITTING BACKSTAGE- Is that Mojo? He’s yelling at someone and blaming them for his problems. It was revealed that he was looking at mirror. This was shot well and Mojo’s emotion was excellent. As someone who once sat several desks away from Mojo in a macroeconomics class, I’m very proud of him.
Of course, some genius decided that seeing this promo meant that we couldn’t see the entrances for the women’s tag title qualifier, so way to bury those titles before you even have champions.

WOMEN’S TAG TEAM TITLE ELIMINATION CHAMBER QUALIFIER: Dana Brooke & Natalya vs. The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan (w/Ruby Riott)- 1.5/10
The match was under three minutes, but not bad while it lasted. The finish saw Logan shove Dana into Nattie to break up a Sharpshooter, followed by Liv rolling Nattie up for the pin. Based on that backstage segment we just got you’d think that Dana would be blaming Nattie for the loss (Nattie is the one who got rolled up and pinned, after all), but instead Dana was extremely apologetic.

WOMEN’S TITLE TALKING SEGMENT- weird
There are an awful lot of “BECKY!” chants. Ronda starts off on one of her long-winded promos and got booed. I don’t blame the crowd for booing her at all, because I am not in the mood to sit through a long-winded promo right now.
Ronda starts to put over Sasha for giving her a great challenge… and then just starts laughing. Is that a heel turn? She seemed like she was about to start talking about Becky but then got interrupted by Bayley, who challenged Ronda to a title match, and Cole told us that Ronda “accepted.” Um… did everyone involved forget that this was advertised as Ronda coming out here for an open challenge title defense? Bayley’s presence is inherently a challenge for a title shot which Ronda has already preemptively accepted.

WWE RAW WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Ronda Rousey(c) vs. Bayley- 7.25/10
Ronda’s arm was still injured from last night and Bayley worked over Ronda’s knee. Ronda’s selling was excellent and the match was quite exciting, with Ronda just managing to catch Bayley in an armbar for the win. Ronda helped Bayley up afterwards and Bayley offered her a handshake, which Ronda accepted.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- great, but…
Then Becky Lynch’s music hit and the place went nuts. Okay… but why is Becky allowed to be here? Hunter said Bryan was here in case Seth chose him so they could have a face-to-face… but with Becky, he specifically said she would be making her decision tomorrow night, so why is she allowed to come out tonight?
She cuts a promo on Ronda and says she wants to face her at WrestleMania and kick her ass and take her title. Cool. Ronda then cut a promo of her own where she tried to intimidate Becky, who just stayed in Ronda’s face.
Ronda’s promo… basically, she said a lot of things that are exactly the kind of things she needs to not say if she wants to not alienate wrestling fans. While talking about the amazing strides she made for women in MMA, she betrayed an ignorance of the challenges women faced in pro wrestling. Becky was on the WrestleMania pre-show not because you worked harder at pro wrestling than her (or even because you worked harder at MMA than she did at pro wrestling), but rather because you’re the golden girl who the #2 and #3 in the company wanted to work with. Part of you being able to “steal the show” is because you had a bunch of time to practice your match, something Becky didn’t get because a professional wouldn’t ever need it, and because she had to be on the road, wrestling at house shows.
If their goal is make Ronda the subtle heel here (which it should be), then this was good. But given their recent track record of excusing bad behavior by babyfaces (Ronda included), I don’t think that’s what they’re trying to do.
Overall, this segment was great, but Becky’s presence here made no kayfabe sense and they killed their big hook for Smackdown.

ROLLINS & STROWMAN BACKSTAGE- Braun congratulates Seth for winning the Royal Rumble and tells him to make the right choice for WrestleMania. This was completely unnecessary, and arguably not the best thing for Strowman to do.

BRAUN STROWMAN vs. DREW MCINTYRE- 4.25/10
Just under seven minutes in, Corbin runs in for a DQ. I’m not even sure he’s the heel because he was trying to stop Strowman from illegally hitting Drew with the ring steps. Corbin attacked Strowman with a chair but Braun punched the chair away, made his own comeback, and beat Corbin up. Also, he ran Drew over. He went to beat Corbin up with the steps but Drew eventually made the save for Corbin, and the two gave him a double-chokeslam onto the steps. You’d think that Kurt Angle would have come out to help Braun, or that the backstage segment with Braun and Rollins they just showed us was intended to set up Seth coming out to make the save, but no. No one came out to help Braun Strowman.

The final Raw women’s tag title qualifier will take place next week and it will be Sasha & Bayley vs. Alicia Fox & Nikki Cross. And yes, you should be very worried about the fact that Vince has chosen to team Nikki up with his other resident crazy woman.

WHO WILL SETH ROLLINS FACE AT WRESTLEMANIA- snore. Yes, really.
Brock and Heyman come out and Heyman starts to cut a promo. Rollins interrupts Heyman and punches Brock in the face. A brawl starts that Seth was winning (he did start it with a sucker-punch) but Brock countered a Curb Stomp attempt with an F-5, then hit Seth with another one. Then a third. Then a fourth. Then a fifth one, this time onto the title belt. Seth eventually fired up but then got hit with yet another F-5. This doesn’t make me want to see Rollins beat Brock and it doesn’t make me think Brock is any more undefeatable than every other “Brock dominates your favorite babyface (and also Roman Reigns) match over the past few years. It just makes me bored and annoyed.

This was a terrible and completely disheartening episode of Raw. The booking made little sense, the matches were WAY too short, people seem to be turning completely at random, a DQ in a main event that everyone wants to see, the announcers became insufferable at times, there was no follow-up of any kind to the wacky angle they did in the tag division on the pre-show last night. This felt like we were right back in the Baron Corbin Era. If you take the Women’s Title match and post-match segment off of this show and it easily becomes a contender for one of the worst of all time. This is what they think “change” is?

For the record, our match times tonight, according to CageMatch.net:
Rollins vs. Ambrose- 12:25
Alexa/Mickie vs. Tamina/Nia- 10:10
Corbin vs. Angle- 3:55
Revival vs. Hawkins/Ryder- 3:00
Nattie/Dana vs. RIott Squad- 2:50
Ronda vs. Bayley- 15:35
Strowman vs. Drew- 6:55

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. After Alexa hit Tamina with Insult to Injury, Renee Young decided that this was the correct moment to talk about how Alexa had been at the Performance Center and learned a bunch of new moves.
For those who don’t know, Insult to Injury is the name of Alexa’s standing moonsault knee drop that she’s been doing since very shortly after she debuted on NXT television. So either Renee hasn’t been paying any attention to any of Alexa’s matches ever, or she really needs to learn to pick her spots better.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/28/2019 Raw (horrid)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '19, 15:15

According to the Torch, the "The Man" signs for Becky were planted by WWE and were sitting there on the seats for hours before the show began.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '19, 15:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 15:15 According to the Torch, the "The Man" signs for Becky were planted by WWE and were sitting there on the seats for hours before the show began.
fans do that too, someone prints out 100 copies and distributes them. That's how the Cesaro section happened. Maybe WWE took notice and did the same.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '19, 15:53

cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 15:46
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 15:15 According to the Torch, the "The Man" signs for Becky were planted by WWE and were sitting there on the seats for hours before the show began.
fans do that too, someone prints out 100 copies and distributes them. That's how the Cesaro section happened. Maybe WWE took notice and did the same.
I'm sure that's exactly what happened. I remember there being some sort of rumor that WWE did this with the "we want women's tag titles" signs, too.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 29th, '19, 21:08

That Rousey promo was horrible. It was just the same shit said again in different ways and *really pissed off, extremely angry for no reason*
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 29th, '19, 23:11

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 21:08 That Rousey promo was horrible. It was just the same shit said again in different ways and *really pissed off, extremely angry for no reason*
she was legit pissed off because the fans booed her and she lost control of the promo because she's an emotional person.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 29th, '19, 23:17

cero2k wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 23:11
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 21:08 That Rousey promo was horrible. It was just the same shit said again in different ways and *really pissed off, extremely angry for no reason*
she was legit pissed off because the fans booed her and she lost control of the promo because she's an emotional person.
Makes sense-they were just about booing her out of the building...they should have just cut her fuckin' Mic because her promo was so bad and the people were just goin' nuts with disapproval of her. Get the Damn thing over with.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 29th, '19, 23:46

-Nia Jax is fighting men.
-Nia Jax is in the WOMEN'S tag title match.

Which one is it got-dang-it?!!!!?!?!?!?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '19, 08:48

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 29th, '19, 23:46 -Nia Jax is fighting men.
-Nia Jax is in the WOMEN'S tag title match.

Which one is it got-dang-it?!!!!?!?!?!?
are you saying Nia can't do both because she's a woman, you sexist pig!?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '19, 09:37

It just seems somewhat contradictory and misleading lol. They do that shit so much in 24 hours...then she's in women's matches like nothing happened. I get that the "fighting men" thing, is brand new and they're not gonna dive headfirst into it immediately and never look back though...but still.

Also-Renee Young-Biggest jerk and punk in the building. Known husband gets attacked by a woman-literally doesn't even say a word about it while it happens or after that fact, let alone doesn't ride.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 30th, '19, 12:24

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 30th, '19, 09:37 It just seems somewhat contradictory and misleading lol. They do that shit so much in 24 hours...then she's in women's matches like nothing happened. I get that the "fighting men" thing, is brand new and they're not gonna dive headfirst into it immediately and never look back though...but still.

Also-Renee Young-Biggest jerk and punk in the building. Known husband gets attacked by a woman-literally doesn't even say a word about it while it happens or after that fact, let alone doesn't ride.
At the end of the day Renee is not an in-ring competitor, her husband is... he has to take whatever knocks come his way. Renee has to accept this! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '19, 12:52

XIV wrote: Jan 30th, '19, 12:24
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 30th, '19, 09:37 It just seems somewhat contradictory and misleading lol. They do that shit so much in 24 hours...then she's in women's matches like nothing happened. I get that the "fighting men" thing, is brand new and they're not gonna dive headfirst into it immediately and never look back though...but still.

At the end of the day Renee is not an in-ring competitor, her husband is... he has to take whatever knocks come his way. Renee has to accept this! 🤷🏼‍♂️
I feel like if there was a moment to get involved...that was it. I imagine she could out quick Nia Jax anyway...at least I'd hope lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '19, 12:59

This.
She was clearly a heel in the women's match, attacking the already-injured Lana for no reason and then attacking Becky after Becky had eliminated her. Attacking Truth and also taking his spot was also clearly a heel move. But then when she got in the men's match they treated her like some sort of hero. Then she attacked Ambrose from behind, which is a heel move. Then Alexa and Mickie cut a heel promo on her in which they called her a fat pig. Then they had a wrestling match in which Nia was clearly the heel. Then gets the win and they're talking about her heroic effort last night like she's a babyface again.

WHICH ONE IS SHE?!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '19, 13:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 30th, '19, 12:59
This.
She was clearly a heel in the women's match, attacking the already-injured Lana for no reason and then attacking Becky after Becky had eliminated her. Attacking Truth and also taking his spot was also clearly a heel move. But then when she got in the men's match they treated her like some sort of hero. Then she attacked Ambrose from behind, which is a heel move. Then Alexa and Mickie cut a heel promo on her in which they called her a fat pig. Then they had a wrestling match in which Nia was clearly the heel. Then gets the win and they're talking about her heroic effort last night like she's a babyface again.

WHICH ONE IS SHE?!
I honestly think they're to trying to go the "megastar heel" route with her all of a sudden and make her so impactful and respected...I mean they've been calling her "The immovable object" forever now....

Where have I heard that before?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 30th, '19, 14:44

Even besides the stuff about her being unsafe-I can see why they're trying to push her so hard...but Nia Jax just isn't that good. I get the size thing but...if only they tried to utilize everyone else so hard no matter what because of their up-side.

...if they did....this "aew" crap...probably wouldn't even be a thing. Really think how those two thoughts relate.