BRM Reviews the 1/7/2019 Raw (bad, but...)

Serujuunin

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/7/2019 Raw (bad, but...)

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 10th, '19, 09:40

XIV wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 02:28
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 9th, '19, 15:38
XIV wrote: Jan 9th, '19, 15:06

Well with the new Women’s Tag Team titles on the horizon, how would you asses having Basler and Ronda team up for those, and then Basler on Ronda down the line? Would that work?
I think the angle works best with the idea being that Ronda is the champ and Baszler wants the belt. I'd let Duke/Shafir be the tag team. I wouldn't put Ronda & Baszler in the tournament because they'd have to lose unless you're putting the belts on them, and they really don't need the belts (whereas Sasha/Bayley or Mandy/Sonya or Duke/Shafir would benefit a lot more from being the first champions, or a Nia/Tamina or Bliss/Mickie team would offer easier narrative possibilities).
I think the way I'd do things is have Becky go over Ronda for the Raw belt after winning the Rumble, then swap those two after Mania (with Nattie also switching shows). I'd have Nattie/Ronda as my team in the tournament so Nattie can eat the pin. I'd put the belt Ronda, then turn Nattie on her and give Nattie a group (Sonya Deville. and two others) so that Ronda can bring in the Horsewomen, blow off that feud around October (I figure they're going to do another all-women's PPV, which works well as a nexus where you can have NXT and the main roster intersect) and keep Baszler up on the main roster afterwards. I'd then have Ronda spend the next few months calling out top names to be her PPV challengers opponents (Charlotte, Asuka), and then have Baszler turn on Ronda after the February PPV because she's angry that Ronda has been offering title shots to other people but not to her.
BRM, you’ve done it again. I like that angle. Baszler as the overlooked competitor “I’ll show you”.

BRM definitely standing for (B)ooking the (R)ight (M)atches
I tell myself often that this man needs to be on the payroll.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 10th, '19, 09:53

Serujuunin wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 09:40
I think the angle works best with the idea being that Ronda is the champ and Baszler wants the belt. I'd let Duke/Shafir be the tag team. I wouldn't put Ronda & Baszler in the tournament because they'd have to lose unless you're putting the belts on them, and they really don't need the belts (whereas Sasha/Bayley or Mandy/Sonya or Duke/Shafir would benefit a lot more from being the first champions, or a Nia/Tamina or Bliss/Mickie team would offer easier narrative possibilities).
I think the way I'd do things is have Becky go over Ronda for the Raw belt after winning the Rumble, then swap those two after Mania (with Nattie also switching shows). I'd have Nattie/Ronda as my team in the tournament so Nattie can eat the pin. I'd put the belt Ronda, then turn Nattie on her and give Nattie a group (Sonya Deville. and two others) so that Ronda can bring in the Horsewomen, blow off that feud around October (I figure they're going to do another all-women's PPV, which works well as a nexus where you can have NXT and the main roster intersect) and keep Baszler up on the main roster afterwards. I'd then have Ronda spend the next few months calling out top names to be her PPV challengers opponents (Charlotte, Asuka), and then have Baszler turn on Ronda after the February PPV because she's angry that Ronda has been offering title shots to other people but not to her.
BRM, you’ve done it again. I like that angle. Baszler as the overlooked competitor “I’ll show you”.

Not for WWE.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '19, 12:02

XIV wrote: Jan 9th, '19, 15:06

Well with the new Women’s Tag Team titles on the horizon, how would you asses having Basler and Ronda team up for those, and then Basler on Ronda down the line? Would that work?

Thanks. I like this much better than the weird ones Dozer comes up with.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 10th, '19, 13:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 12:02

B(eavers) R(unning) M(arathons)...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 10th, '19, 15:37

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 13:09

I can see why.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 10th, '19, 19:55

XIV wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 15:37

I can see why.
I've got a million of them!

They usually take no time, right there on the spot...

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 11th, '19, 00:36

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 19:55

I can see why.

I mean, doing it with BRM is easy... have a crack with XIV and let me know how you get on.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '19, 08:57

XIV wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 00:36

I can see why.

I mean, doing it with BRM is easy... have a crack with XIV and let me know how you get on.
X(enophobic) I(rate) V(ultures)!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '19, 09:35

Also....

B(ob-o) R(aces) M(ice)

(Not like forces them to race each other...He actually runs with them in a competition to see who's the fastest.)

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 11th, '19, 14:48

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 08:57

Oh my god. That must be strong stuff you use.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 11th, '19, 15:39

XIV wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 09:53

Not for WWE.
I hold out hope that he could fix it.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '19, 15:50

Serujuunin wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 15:39
XIV wrote: Jan 10th, '19, 09:53

Not for WWE.
I hold out hope that he could fix it.
He couldn't fix a loose screw!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '19, 15:51

XIV wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 14:48

Nope. I'm not that guy anymore. I'm all coffee and creatine these days.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '19, 22:54

X(ia) I(s) V(oluptuous) !

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 12th, '19, 05:30

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 22:54 X(ia) I(s) V(oluptuous) !
No. She isn’t. She’s very attractive, but she isn’t particularly curvaceous.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 12th, '19, 05:30

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 15:51
XIV wrote: Jan 11th, '19, 14:48

Nope. I'm not that guy anymore. I'm all coffee and creatine these days.
Coffee will do it.
Have A Nice Day!