BRM Reviews the 11/5/2018 Raw (boring)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/5/2018 Raw (boring)

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '18, 23:57

OPENING SEGMENT- a clusterf*ck
We start off with everyone out on the stage, and a line of security guards standing in front of the ring. Cole says he doesn’t know why security is there. Actually, now that I look, there are two people who are glaringly absent from the stage. Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman. And you’d think Cole would have noticed Braun’s absence, as his height and big red beard would make him stick out like a sore thumb.
Corbin’s music plays and he heads to the ring. Cole then wonders if the security is here for Corbin, and “I wonder if it has something to do with what happened this Friday in the Universal Championship match between Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman.” You know what, Cole? I think you just might have cracked the case. Good work there, buddy.
We then, of course, cut to a recap package. Such things really make me feel bad for the announcers, because if WWE would have just given us the recap package at the beginning of the show and then did the segment instead of insisting on using Cole to set up the recap package, Cole wouldn’t have had to come off like an idiot who was only now figuring out the obvious.
Corbin assures us that the extra security is totally normal and there is nothing to worry about. He then began to talk about Survivor Series, starting it off in the following, painfully-written manner. “We’re coming up on a very exciting time of the year, and no I’m not talking about hanging out with those annoying family members you don’t really like. I’m talking about Survivor Series.” I actually don’t mind it when Corbin’s promos sound overly scripted because he is the type of character who I can totally believe sat down, wrote up, and then memorized this big speech because he thought it would sound professional and impress Steph. What I do feel the need to comment on is that Creative decided to have Corbin come out here and make reference to Thanksgiving even though tonight’s Raw is taking place in a country that doesn’t celebrate it. Face-palm.
Corbin, of course, used their favorite Survivor Series hype phrase: “the one time of year when Raw and Smackdown go head-to-head in competition.” This, of course, being despite the fact that we just had a match on the big show three days ago that was the finals of a tournament with a Raw bracket and a Smackdown bracket, and the storyline on Smackdown was about how Shane thought it was SO imperative for SD to beat Raw in this head-to head-competition. And, of course, that’s ignoring the fact that Raw and SD superstars have faced off in six different battle royales on FOUR separate shows this year (two Royal Rumbles, two pointless Mania battle royales, Greatest Royal Rumble, and the battle royale for a title shot that happened just eight days ago at Evolution). But G-d dammit they MUST keep saying that phrase, because otherwise we might not understand what Survivor Series is about (even though the entire card is Raw vs. SD matches).
Corbin said that they all have “extra incentive to prove that Raw is the dominant brand” this year because of the bullsh*t Shane pulled in the WWE World Cup. He says that Steph will show up to address that situation next week. It’d be nice if we had an explanation for why she isn’t here doing that this week, but we’ll never get one.
Corbin assures us that Raw will win at Survivor Series, and says that he thinks that if they do win, Steph will make him the full-time GM. Corbin announces that he himself will be the captain of the Raw men’s team, which made everyone boo. Then he announced that being a GM means he won’t be allowed to wrestle, which made everyone cheer. Since when does being an authority figure mean you can’t wrestle? Shane has wrestled on Team Smackdown for the past two years, and Kurt Angle wrestled on Team Raw last year.
He announces that the first three members of Raw’s Survivor Series team as Ziggler, McIntyre, and Strowman. Yes… guys who are feuding with each other. He says he’s sure Braun will learn to be a team player and respect authority. So basically, Corbin is a moron.
He announces that the captain of Raw’s women’s team will be Alexa Bliss!, and that she will be picking all of the other members. Didn’t Nia already tell us she was on the team last week? Alexa comes out, and for the first time that I can remember, she actually isn’t in her ring gear, which has me worried that she’s going to be out of action with this concussion for a while. Yup. Alexa just said that she is going to be managing. Alexa gives the big “we will not be losing to the B show!” speech and says that she’ll be watching everyone’s matches tonight. She then books Nattie, Sasha, & Bayley vs. the Riott Squad, because apparently we haven’t seen that match enough. She tries to announce that the match will start right now but then Kurt Angle comes out, interrupting Alexa. Despite having noted before that Alexa was in her “business” attire and the fact that Kurt just interrupted Alexa, Renee Young responded to Kurt’s presence (in his gear and a t-shirt, no less), by saying “finally, some decorum!” I think that third headset just makes you stupider the longer you have it on.
Kurt announces that “competing in the WWE World Cup lit a fire under me” and so he wants to be on Raw’s team again. His claim of having “led Raw to victory” last year is laughable, as their team spent the entire match (and even the post-match) arguing with each other. Corbin tells him to “take a permanent vacation.” Kurt says “when I was in charge we would settle things in the ring!” and challenges Corbin to a match tonight where if Kurt wins, not only does he get to be on the team, but he gets to be the captain. Kurt goes on about Corbin not “stepping up” and being “an embarrassment to Monday Night Raw” as if a normal person could possibly care about such a thing. Corbin agrees to give Kurt his match, so Kurt threatens to break Corbin’s ankle because Corbin is a joke.
Kurt’s music played, so Corbin got upset. The fans continued to chant you suck, which turned the chant on Corbin. That was funny. Corbin had Alexa make her announcement again, but this time Braun Strowman’s music interrupted her and Braun bulldozed the security guards while Corbin ran away.
Corbin ran through the assembled crown on the stage. Braun followed. Jinder tried to stop Braun and got taken down with one punch. Then the other heels decided to try to stop Braun, and then the babyfaces just decided to jump in because why not just have a schmoz? Braun managed to get backstage and started demanding Corbin’s location from some dork backstage. He told the dork to tell Corbin that he would “get these hands” tonight. Braun then just strolled off at a casual pace, not looking like someone who was chasing after someone running away from him.

This was a complete and total clusterf*ck of a segment, and unfortunately represents a lot of what I think the next two weeks will be. Lots of talking about “the dominant brand” (Corbin said the word “dominant” at least four times, and didn’t use any other similar adjectives) and the “b show” and pointless schmozzes and basically nothing happening that progress any storylines in any meaningful way. This segment apparently only went about fifteen minutes, but it felt like it went at least twenty-five.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS NATTIE, SASHA, & BAYLEY- bad
Even though Alexa (with Corbin’s authority) made it clear this match was to start as soon as possible and Cole told us “the chaos has settled down” when we got back from the commercial, but instead of a match, we’ve got a backstage interview.
In a rare stupid question from her, Charly basically asked these three if they thought they were going to lose tonight (even though they won at Evolution, and had a win in ten-woman tag action over a team including these same three opponents last week on Raw). Sasha put the others over in the most painful, buzzword-y way possible without actually saying “Women’s Evolution.” Nattie proceeded to dedicate tonight’s match to her late father. Also, she has a special pair of sunglasses that her father gave to her. This is the sort of thing that would have worked a lot better if Nattie hadn’t been wrestling regularly for two months since The Anvil passed away.

THE RIOTT SQUAD vs. SASHA BANKS, BAYLEY, & NATALYA- 4.75/10
Stuff happened. Bayley was the babyface in peril for a while. Nattie eventually ran wild on the heels and had Logan locked in the Sharpshooter when Ruby Riott grabbed the sunglasses and snapped them. Rather than being angry, this just made Nattie cry. Also, did I miss the finish? Did Logan tap?
The match was fine, but the finish was so forced. Yes, the “given to her by her father” aspect makes it universally relatable enough that you can rush something like this, but at the same time, it’s hard for this to not feel forced when Nattie has already bene wrestling for two months and has not previously dedicated a match to her father, and now she just happens to decide to do so and also brings her special sunglasses that he gave her that have never been seen or mentioned before… and all for a match that she didn’t even know she was going to have until a few minutes beforehand?
If you’re going to do something like this, you really should have had Nattie come out with the sunglasses for a month or two first (preferably starting as soon as possible to when she first returned to TV) so that we establish how much the sunglasses mean to Nattie, and then you have the heel break them. Most of us have lost a loved one, so the rush job doesn’t prevent the pathos from being effective here at least on some level, but having her on TV without the sunglasses for months after coming back and then having the sunglasses broken the same night Nattie first pulls them out and the first time she dedicates a match to her father does make the whole thing feel more like “an idea for a storyline” that Creative just had, and saps it of any chance of feeling real.

BRAUN STROWMAN STORMS AROUND BACKSTAGE- He kicks in bathroom stall doors. There were other people in the room while this was on, and I cannot even begin to explain to you how massive the feeling that I had dodged a bullet was when nothing embarrassing happened.

APOLLO CREWS vs. JINDER MAHAL (w/Sami Singh)- 0.5/10
Rather than doing the D-X vs. Brothers of Destruction recap before Jinder’s entrance, WWE decided to have Jinder begin his entrance and then specifically cut away from his entrance to the announcers, who then pitched us to the video package, making Jinder look like a complete and total jobber.
Crews cut an inset promo during which he said tonight would be the start of him racking up more victories. Fortunately for Crews, WWE didn’t decide to make him look like a jobber, too by having him lose. Jinder got in minimal offense, but enough for me to not call this a squash. Michael Cole then had the audacity to tell me that beating JINDER MAHAL was, for Crews “one of the biggest wins of his career here on Monday Night Raw.” Against JOBBER MAHAL.
Also, where was Sunil Singh?

SETH ROLLINS PROMO- bad
Seth is upset that Corbin helped Brock win the title back. Why? Because Corbin did so “after everything Roman Reigns did to take that title from Brock Lesnar” and “everything Roman Reigns is fighting for now.” Yes, they’re even trying to apply Roman’s cancer to the Brock/Braun feud to make us all want to see Braun get the title off of Brock, lest Roman’s work be undone. And, of course, “Brock Lesnar is not here tonight,” because Brock Lesnar: absentee champion will apparently be the storyline forever.
Rollins then transitions to Ambrose, saying he won’t call Ambrose out to ask for an explanation even though Ambrose is here tonight, because as Ambrose showed last week, Ambrose won’t say anything. Rollins said it was impossible for him to defend two titles at the same time, even though people have done so many times in the past, including Rollins himself. Thankfully, Baron Corbin showed up on the TitanTron to stop Seth from vacating the titles, ordering Seth to defend the title with Ambrose against the Authors of Pain right now. Basically, everything that happened here either made Rollins look bad, or was disgusting exploitation of a man’s cancer.

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose(c) vs. the Authors of Pain (w/Drake Maverick)- 5.5/10
Could the referee not at least pay lip-service to the idea of waiting for Ambrose to come out? Dean, of course, never came out. Then again, he almost wasn’t needed, as even by himself, Rollins came close to beating the AoP completely cleanly… because not giving them a fair title win wasn’t enough, but we apparently had to actively bury them first. The match was fine for what it was.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Ambrose came out of the crowd and knelt over the fallen Rollins. “You want to know why I did what I did?” he asked. Then he hit Seth with Dirty Deeds and walked off, not telling anyone. Once again, we get no answer, and the only reason for us not getting an answer is “because Dean doesn’t want to tell us.” This is obnoxious because of the way they tease it. If you’re going to tease something like this, you need to at least give us something. Some sort of hint or something that makes it feel like the story is moving forward. Something that promises an answer soon. Something that gives us something new to think about coming out of this week’s show that we didn’t have coming out of last week’s show.

When Corey Graves parroted Corbin’s claim that him costing Braun the title was a “teaching moment,” Renee Young asked if Graves was getting paid extra by WWE “for all of the jargon coming out of your mouth.” It’s called being an announcer, Renee. Don’t worry. You’ll get used to it.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS BARON CORBIN- bad
Charly asks if Corbin is afraid of Braun. Corbin says he isn’t. Charly then asks Corbin why he has “set up a makeshift studio in the storage room.” The storage room? Singular. Are you trying to tell me there is only one storage room in this entire arena? Corbin then got upset because Charly just revealed his location. Braun showed up about five second later, which means he would have found Corbin without Charly’s help simply because he was so close by (and what a crazy coincident that is, by the way). Braun beat up the security guards and Corbin ran away, with Braun once again chasing him at a brisk walk.

DOLPH ZIGGLER PROMO- He declares himself to be the best in the world. He gets booed, so he starts alleging that both Miz and the referee were also in on it with Shane.
He got interrupted by The Drifter, who came off as a HUGE star. The British fans started singing one of their chant-songs, and The Drifter played his guitar along with them, which made them sing even louder. Dolph told The Drifter to put his money where his mouth is so The Drifter put his guitar down and headed to the ring, and we went to commercial, and when we came back we saw a…

RANDOM LUCHA HOUSE PARTY VIDEO PACKAGE?- why did this happen now? What’s going on with Dolph and The Drifter? Aren’t they fighting?

REVIVAL SELFIE PROMO- They don’t like Lucha House Party because they have a piñata and thus don’t take tag team wrestling seriously. They also stole Nigel’s “Loser House Party” line and have vowed to send Lucha House Party “back to 205 Live where they belong.” Hopefully they take The Revival with them so that The Revival can actually get the time to have good matches gain.

DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. “THE DRIFTER” ELIAS SAMPSON- 5/10
The Drifter won clean, and people were happy. I feel like I’m living in an alternate universe now that The Drifter is a babyface. Cole teased him being on Raw’s men’s Survivor Series team, and I actually think he’d be a great choice. He’s in a spot where just making the team will feel like a step up for him, but it really won’t matter if he gets pinned without getting anything big in the match itself.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS KURT ANGLE- bad
Charly asked Kurt how he felt about “competing in your first singles match on Raw in more than twelve years.” Didn’t he wrestle in that battle royale where he qualified for the WWE World Cup? And even if he didn’t, why would a singles match on Raw feel any different than a singles match on Crown Jewel? Kurt’s response was generic.

RONDA ROUSEY PROMO- fine
Ronda got a shockingly positive response from the crowd at times, despite cutting a promo on Becky Lynch in Europe. Ronda then said the following “my mother used to wake me up from a dead sleep every morning by trying to break my arms.” Well that sounds like f*cking child abuse right there! That’s downright terrifying. Other than that, Ronda’s promo was fine.

RONDA ROUSEY & NIA JAX SEGMENT- bad
Once Ronda finished her promo, Nia Jax came out and totally blew off Ronda’s promo, which made me laugh. Then she gave Ronda a pep-talk about how, just like at Evolution, Ronda would be fighting for a team at Survivor Series. I’m sorry… which team was Ronda fighting for at Evolution? Anyway, Nia’s promo about Survivor Series came off as completely pointless, and a stark example of how WWE feels the need to beat us over the head with this Raw vs. SD idea in every situation they can squeeze it into (and with the same verbiage as well, as Nia, like Corbin, said “dominant brand,” which is a phrase I’m already sick of). This would have been so much better if Nia had just come out and said “yeah, that’s great and all, but the person you should really be paying attention to is me because I’m your next challenger.”

NIA JAX vs. EMBER MOON- 3.75/10
Yet another match we’ve seen already seen recently, as this is a rematch from last week’s Raw. Nia beat Ember clean. Nia’s spaghetti legs selling is improving.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Tamina came out to confront Nia Jax again. Tamina looked down at the fallen Ember Moon, then picked her up and hit her with a Samoan Drop while Nia just watched and did nothing. Then Tamina locked Ember in a Boston Crab and Nia started dropping elbows on Ember, so Nia is now heel and is pals with Tamina because they’re both Samoan and big.

KAYLA BRAXTON INTERVIEWS FINN BALOR- meh
Like Charly earlier, her question to Balor is basically “will the same thing that happened last time happen again this time?” Balor said that this time he would not get held in place by Lashley while Lio Rush slapped him. He is apparently having a rematch with Lashley tonight, so that’s YET ANOTHER rematch from last week taking place tonight. Balor then tried to say “Balor Club is for everyone” as if it were an intimidating catchphrase. This effort was doomed from the start. “Balor Club is for everyone” is a lovely sentiment, but that does not mean that you should try to make it a catchphrase for your promos. Not everything can be a catchphrase.

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS BARON CORBIN- Corbin is annoyed at Charly. He is trying to leave the arena, so he tells Charly to tell Angle that his match is now going to be with Drew McIntyre. Corbin gets in his limo and barely escapes before Braun catches him.

LIO RUSH PROMO- He cut a promo about Lashley’s muscles while Lashley showed us said muscles. This was boring and annoying, and not the “good heat” kind of annoying, either.

FINN BALOR vs. BOBBY LASHLEY (w/Lio Rush)- 6.75/10
Lashley gets his win back due to a distraction from Rush.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- odd
Drew McIntyre came out and had a stare-down with Lashley, preventing Lashley from attacking Finn Balor. Then he helped Balor up and showed hi respect… and then attacked him. I presume the reason this was done was to try to ensure that the Scottish McIntyre would be booed here in the UK in his main event, which was next.

IF ANGLE WINS, HE GETS TO BE ON TEAM RAW AND BE THE CAPTAIN: Kurt Angle vs. Drew McIntyre- 6.75/10
All of that stuff they did in that pre-match segment was completely undone by their insane decision to have Kurt jump the bell on McIntyre. McIntyre dominated much of the match and won via ankle lock after already hitting Kurt with an Angle Slam. This… did not make Kurt look good at all. It would have been better to not have him show up at all.
Another boring episode of Raw. Even more frustrating was the fact that the result of the main event means that nothing of any note happened after the opening segment other than Nia’s heel turn, which kind of stretches the definition of “noteworthy.” I don’t expect next week’s show to be any less boring, and assume it will likely be a lot more infuriating, though at least it will be more newsworthy, as they need to announce an entire women’s team and two fifths of the men’s team.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/5/2018 Raw (boring)

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 08:46

So have we talked about the Corbin situation?

What happened here, was it just finally realized that he was jusy SUCH a bad and unbelievable actor with no charisma...absolutely boring as shit, and so ridiculous and stupid sounding....that he'd never be able to really actually actively full time wrestle and get himself over with a microphone....?

Like ever? At all?

The whole thing is quite the drastic big change when you think about it. I KNOW that's why he lost mitb last year...."Wait....that guy is HORRIBLE!...Nevermind!"

I wouldn't say he's even in the worst tier as far as in-ring...but he just can't do it on the microphone anywhere near the level to get by. He was never really a football played actually btw. I've checked. He never actually saw game time. He WAS, but not like others.

It seems all Raw is repeating itself match wise. After seeing the recap actually of the match...that just definitely made my opinion of the Lesnar and Strowman disaster even worse. For some reason I actually thought Lesnar was actually pretty much out of the picture for now for the most part.

This Strowman situation is getting down right out of hand. When he's face he never gets the biggest push...and even when he's heel somehow still always ends up in front of him. They've just pushed him back again to get heat on Baron fuckin' dumbass Corbin.

Also-get Natalya the fuck outta here. That segment was so short but so horrible. Bailey and Sasha are both just languishing at the absolute bottom of the card, going nowhere, doing nothing. It's becoming like an endless loop of fuckin' televised house shows. The same could be said about the Riott Squad...they're not even really a group very much...they just wrestle together.

No actual group type of things, no storylines involving them. Logan has the worst voice ever. Is she a Viking or a redneck? Ronda Rousey is the icing on the cake of the whole entire shit situation.

Since she just HAS to be number one...pretty much no one else gets any kid of shine at all. Back to Natalya-Why, when she was holding the glasses....she didn't even do anything? It's almost like she was just frozen in place, being held prisoner by the fact. That whole thing was horrible.

Even Strowman feels very repetitive now as well. Just stalking backstage looking for whatever dude it is this week going crazy...no payoff or huge gain ever comes from this though.

That shaved hair Shawn Michaels? No. Never again. Ever.

How did the guy from 205 live end up as the manager for the Raw Tag Team champions? Did I miss that?

"Why someone split on a tag team..." Isn't exactly the type of thing you keep drawing it out and teasing the answer to. It's not, who kicked that guy's ass and put him out, WHO is under that got dang mask, who will be the mystery opponent at the coming PPV. It's because of heel reasoning. Simple enough. It's not gonna be long and drawn out convoluted mystery. And of course the guy's wife, who they never otherwise acknowledge as the guy's wife, has no idea.

Becky Lynch better not actually lose to that fuckin' idiot. I foresee it as ending up a double screwball finish, with probably double interference...let's just hope we don't ending up seeing Charlotte..anywhere...around there...at all. I will see this though...Becky IS the first actual possible threat anywhere near the same level as the super tough amazing Ronda Rousey. I don't wanna hear about her MMA stuff...because we all know how that ended...she was destroyed twice...not a "natural born killer."

Tamina and Nia Jax I like actually. Especially if they end up destroying Ronda Rousey.
Last edited by KILLdozer on Nov 6th, '18, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 6th, '18, 09:28

Why are you assuming that anything we saw this week changes the Corbin situation? If anything, I'd think it reinforces it, as they had the opportunity to remove him for Kurt and passed on it, removing Kurt instead.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 09:32

I'm not saying at all that it changes it...just outlining the process of how he ended up in this current role lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 6th, '18, 10:02

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 09:32 I'm not saying at all that it changes it...just outlining the process of how he ended up in this current role lol.
i figured we're heading into Angle replacing him either as the captain or the GM altogether. SPECIALLY if Shane captains the smackdown team, i'm sure WWE is salivating over facing off Angle and Shane again

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 6th, '18, 10:18

Strowman's in a weird position without Roman around.

I feel like the Roman's Out Plan B is to go with Strowman, and they're stalling McIntyre and Lashley pushes until after Survivor Series to move forward with it, which is why I think they'll do Title vs Title and AJ beats Brock at Survivor Series (with some help from Strowman). Saving those two for title programs, Strowman doesn't really have any bigger guys to work with beyond Corbin - whom Brawn will crush.

No matter how bad the authority figure is, it's not a bad place for Brawn to be right now while they move pieces into place.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 10:27

How the hell are they doing Survivor Series in...two weeks lol.

I see one off one time a year attraction matches, and then stuff carrying over from them.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 6th, '18, 10:46

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 10:27 How the hell are they doing Survivor Series in...two weeks lol.

I see one off one time a year attraction matches, and then stuff carrying over from them.
they're meaningless matches with zero stipulations, the build is RAW vs Smackdown, so 2 weeks is more than enough before it starts dragging into 'INVASIONZZZ!'

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 10:52

So Raw is kicking the shit out of Smackdown tonight. Got it.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 15:20

No...to clarify, my original Corbin bit was just how in the hell they decided to use him for this whole thing in the first place.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 6th, '18, 15:53

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 15:20 No...to clarify, my original Corbin bit was just how in the hell they decided to use him for this whole thing in the first place.
I'm guessing they wanted somebody intimidating/big in the same vein as Kane that didn't have anything going on. First two names that come to my mind are Corbin or Mojo.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 15:55

Bob-O wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 15:53
KILLdozer wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 15:20 No...to clarify, my original Corbin bit was just how in the hell they decided to use him for this whole thing in the first place.
I'm guessing they wanted somebody intimidating/big in the same vein as Kane that didn't have anything going on. First two names that come to my mind are Corbin or Mojo.
Both garbage and absolutely shit on the microphone. Probably even worse than Ronda Rousey. Definitely not imitidating and both have almost no muscle mass. I just think they realized he sucked too much for anything else. Still don't know why they'd put him in such a heavily talking role.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 6th, '18, 16:19

Bob-O wrote: Nov 6th, '18, 15:53
Corbin was picked because they wanted someone who the fans wouldn't cheer when he was put opposite Roman Reigns (which they did with Corbin extremely often).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 6th, '18, 16:28

He is the utmost garbage they could find and you'd think...the one of the few people who wouldn't get "cool guy heel heat just because."

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 13th, '18, 09:47

Yeah that was pretty bad....how McIntyre completely made Angle look like the fool of the year for cryin' out loud.

Idk if I've ever seen him made to look that bad lol. Surely some firey explosion comeup is on the way after such a burial...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 13th, '18, 10:25

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 13th, '18, 09:47 Yeah that was pretty bad....how McIntyre completely made Angle look like the fool of the year for cryin' out loud.

Idk if I've ever seen him made to look that bad lol. Surely some firey explosion comeup is on the way after such a burial...
I'll give Angle credit for selling it like that. You'll never see Triple H, 'Taker, or whoever do the honors to that extent.

Kurt's always been a passionate character, a whoopin or two by the OGM and he'll be right back in the good light.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 13th, '18, 10:28

I think it was a bit extravagant though...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 13th, '18, 10:40

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 13th, '18, 10:28 I think it was a bit extravagant though...
It was apparently Kurt's idea! It's ironic, I literally just came across that article...