BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 29th, '18, 22:59

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 22:29
Also I meant to further elaborate...you're telling me that ultra fighter and submission grappler Asuka couldn't beat a figure four?
Yes. It's a devastating submission hold. If Kurt Angle can tap out to John Cena and Bret Hart can tap out to Lex Luger then Asuka can tap out to Charlotte.


Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 29th, '18, 23:01

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 22:45
Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 22:43
KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 22:26
Asuka was Sooooo high above Charlotte though and then lost to a simple submission. One way or another that's how it happened. Basic stuff.
She lost to a leg submission after Charlotte worked her leg over all match. That's how submissions work. Anyone can tap to anyone if they work the body part over and then lock the hold in well.
Tell me how disqualifications work next ? 💀
Well then what is your problem with the scenario? Asuka is human. She is just as susceptible to a well-applied submission as anyone else.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 29th, '18, 23:05

This is also has a lot to do with, fuck Charlotte Reigns always beating my favorites just because she always has to be the one, even though they're obviously superior.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 29th, '18, 23:43

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:05
This is also has a lot to do with, fuck Charlotte Reigns always beating my favorites just because she always has to be the one, even though they're obviously superior.
Obviously superior? Really? She's a better promo than Asuka or Becky and less of a danger to herself than Sasha.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 29th, '18, 23:52

Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:43
KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:05
This is also has a lot to do with, fuck Charlotte Reigns always beating my favorites just because she always has to be the one, even though they're obviously superior.
Obviously superior? Really? She's a better promo than Asuka or Becky and less of a danger to herself than Sasha.

Asuka can't even always speak so well buy still has so much natural charisma lol. What was it about Charlotte busting an implant and cracking a tooth lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 29th, '18, 23:57

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:52
Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:43
KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 29th, '18, 23:05
This is also has a lot to do with, fuck Charlotte Reigns always beating my favorites just because she always has to be the one, even though they're obviously superior.
Obviously superior? Really? She's a better promo than Asuka or Becky and less of a danger to herself than Sasha.

Asuka can't even always speak so well buy still has so much natural charisma lol. What was it about Charlotte busting an implant and cracking a tooth lol.
That's a lot safer than Sasha landing on her head and or scorpioning herself on landings all of the time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 30th, '18, 10:50

I might have said it already, but such a huge moment and streak doesn't feel like essentially a leg lock is big enough to end it. Give it a no disqualification brutal match then fine, but it just didn't feel enough for multiple reasons.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 30th, '18, 19:46

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 30th, '18, 10:50
I might have said it already, but such a huge moment and streak doesn't feel like essentially a leg lock is big enough to end it. Give it a no disqualification brutal match then fine, but it just didn't feel enough for multiple reasons.
It was a title match at WrestleMania involving the history-making winner of the first-ever women's Royal Rumble. It was a classic "wrestling match" with two babyfaces who respect each other competing for the championship on the biggest show of the year. What more did you want?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 30th, '18, 22:37

Meltzer pointed out that despite this show being in Canada, there was not one single comment about it being "Bizzaro World" or similar.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 09:02

She should never have lost to Charlotte. The push should have never stopped, and she should of have become champion for a long time...I mean also because...*wins first ever women's royal rumble* , *loses title shot at Wrestlemania*.

...That's A really bad way to start off an inaugural version of a match.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2438
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Bob-O » Aug 31st, '18, 09:23

1. If you don't have the belt on Charlotte, what do you do with her? She carries herself in a way that it's awkward to see her without it. She's the only woman on the roster that carries herself this way. It's a "Champions" vs "Title Holders" debate, like when sports teams bring out the dreaded third jersey for a game, she just doesn't look right without it.

2. With Asuke, you gotta forget what you knew about her on NXT. Vince doesn't watch it. Vince needed an Asian to round out Diversity Day and said "Hunter, you go out there and get me the best damn Asian you can find!" Hunter did, put her in his developmental system and treated her like you treat wrestlers in 2018 and it was awesome. To respect Asuke's streak on the main roster would be altering a "Big Picture" that she was never meant to be a part of. She's not "WWE Universe" friendly as a singles star, but rounds out group photos nicely.

With that in mind, and NXT out of mind, I'm fine with her losing to Charlotte at Wrestlemania. It's the losses to The Iconics and Carmella that cross the line for me. I'm fine with her not Goldberging the women's division, but I'll take her tapping out to a figure four over her getting outsmarted by James Elsworth. Keep that shit on Raw.


It's the NXT dilemma, and it's not a ~bad~ thing, but it sucks. That show is SO GOOD that without completely redefining the Billion Dollar Machine, it's going to be frustrating. Getting called up feels like a demotion. There's only so many top spots.

I really wish they'd let Hunter do a 'C' show as a segway between NXT and the Main Roster shows, ala ECW. Let developmental be developmental, but have that spot for guys to go that aren't being used and guys that are bottlenecking NXT's process because there's nothing for them on the main roster. So you have a place for your Ricochets and your Undisputed Eras and your AOP's, but also mixing in your Ascensions and your Tyler Breezes, a place somebody like Balor or Sami could pop into once in a while and not feel like it's a demotion. A place where a streak like Asuke's or Black's COULD BE worked into Raw or Smackdown and actually mean something.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 10:15

Bob-O wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 09:23
1. If you don't have the belt on Charlotte, what do you do with her? She carries herself in a way that it's awkward to see her without it. She's the only woman on the roster that carries herself this way. It's a "Champions" vs "Title Holders" debate, like when sports teams bring out the dreaded third jersey for a game, she just doesn't look right without it.

2. With Asuke, you gotta forget what you knew about her on NXT. Vince doesn't watch it. Vince needed an Asian to round out Diversity Day and said "Hunter, you go out there and get me the best damn Asian you can find!" Hunter did, put her in his developmental system and treated her like you treat wrestlers in 2018 and it was awesome. To respect Asuke's streak on the main roster would be altering a "Big Picture" that she was never meant to be a part of. She's not "WWE Universe" friendly as a singles star, but rounds out group photos nicely.

With that in mind, and NXT out of mind, I'm fine with her losing to Charlotte at Wrestlemania. It's the losses to The Iconics and Carmella that cross the line for me. I'm fine with her not Goldberging the women's division, but I'll take her tapping out to a figure four over her getting outsmarted by James Elsworth. Keep that shit on Raw.


It's the NXT dilemma, and it's not a ~bad~ thing, but it sucks. That show is SO GOOD that without completely redefining the Billion Dollar Machine, it's going to be frustrating. Getting called up feels like a demotion. There's only so many top spots.

I really wish they'd let Hunter do a 'C' show as a segway between NXT and the Main Roster shows, ala ECW. Let developmental be developmental, but have that spot for guys to go that aren't being used and guys that are bottlenecking NXT's process because there's nothing for them on the main roster. So you have a place for your Ricochets and your Undisputed Eras and your AOP's, but also mixing in your Ascensions and your Tyler Breezes, a place somebody like Balor or Sami could pop into once in a while and not feel like it's a demotion. A place where a streak like Asuke's or Black's COULD BE worked into Raw or Smackdown and actually mean something.
That's because she's won 7 titles in 3 years or less when it's taken others more than 10 or almost 20 or more years to accomplish twice of that lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '18, 10:34

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:15


That's because she's won 7 titles in 3 years or less when it's taken others more than 10 or almost 20 or more years to accomplish twice of that lol.
But as I've pointed out, that's not unique to Charlotte. She's got seven in just over three years. Bliss has won five in just under two (and in terms of actual dates of winning the title, Bliss won all of hers in just over a year and a half). Sasha had four in just over two years, and actually won all of them within a span of thirteen months. That's just how WWE books.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16759
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '18, 10:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:34
KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:15


That's because she's won 7 titles in 3 years or less when it's taken others more than 10 or almost 20 or more years to accomplish twice of that lol.
But as I've pointed out, that's not unique to Charlotte. She's got seven in just over three years. Bliss has won five in just under two (and in terms of actual dates of winning the title, Bliss won all of hers in just over a year and a half). Sasha had four in just over two years, and actually won all of them within a span of thirteen months. That's just how WWE books.
And a lot of people think Alexa is overrated and that Sasha was terribly booked for losing all those titles so quickly. it's bad booking, but that's a point aside.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21307
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '18, 10:43

cero2k wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:34
KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:15


That's because she's won 7 titles in 3 years or less when it's taken others more than 10 or almost 20 or more years to accomplish twice of that lol.
But as I've pointed out, that's not unique to Charlotte. She's got seven in just over three years. Bliss has won five in just under two (and in terms of actual dates of winning the title, Bliss won all of hers in just over a year and a half). Sasha had four in just over two years, and actually won all of them within a span of thirteen months. That's just how WWE books.
And a lot of people think Alexa is overrated and that Sasha was terribly booked for losing all those titles so quickly. it's bad booking, but that's a point aside.
No, that's the whole point. It's general WWE incompetence, not some plot that is specifically pro-Charlotte.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 11:31

I'd say both of the above is true. They always have ones they push so hard and others that make you wonder "why not?!?!?"
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2438
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by Bob-O » Aug 31st, '18, 11:33

KILLdozer wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 10:15
That's because she's won 7 titles in 3 years or less when it's taken others more than 10 or almost 20 or more years to accomplish twice of that lol.
Right, but where was women's wrestling 10 and 20 years ago? Even if somebody had, who'd give a shit? You could tell me Nikki Bella won 16 titles between 2008 and 2010 and I'd shudder and tell you that you're probably right. 15 years ago I'm pretty sure they were still doing bra and panties matches.

My point being, is that at least it matters now. Nobody is pissed that Kelly Kelly never got a fair chance or that Mickie James was burying people. It didn't matter.

They're still figuring things out, but for the better. They've got A LOT of ladies deserving of their time, I think for as young as the division is right now, there's nothing wrong with a little 'Hot Potato'. I don't feel like they're moving it around for the sake of having lots of 'moments'. Everything since the call ups has felt like it meant something (except Carmella), and as long as the matches are good, I say just enjoy it.
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16759
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '18, 11:39

Bob-O wrote:
Aug 31st, '18, 11:33

My point being, is that at least it matters now. Nobody is pissed that Kelly Kelly never got a fair chance or that Mickie James was burying people. It didn't matter.
idk about that, i remember a lot of people saying KK didn't deserve to win the title, and a lot of people hated how MJ was booked, from crazy to piggy james. I think there's always been a certain amount of caring for certain wrestlers. It's the same with men really, no one cares that Curtis Axel is not given a good chance and everyone complains that Mahal should win titles.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 11:45

Yeah, Kelly was never shit but a slightly better Torrie Wilson or Stacie Kiebler. Face wise...she wasn't that great either anyway.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4568
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 11:47

As far as the titles between Sasha and Charlotte...I'm pretty sure they were just trying to make it unpredictable as hell to keep and generate more views for the very beginning of first ever women stuff lol. A business ploy yes that in terms had some negative ramifications as well.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests