BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/27/2018 Raw

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '18, 12:34

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 11:47 As far as the titles between Sasha and Charlotte...I'm pretty sure they were just trying to make it unpredictable as hell to keep and generate more views for the very beginning of first ever women stuff lol. A business ploy yes that in terms had some negative ramifications as well.
it was a weird thing that they didn't want Sasha to lose so much, but Charlotte was having her PPV streak, so they kept booking themselves into this rematch loop of hell

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '18, 14:25

cero2k wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 12:34
KILLdozer wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 11:47 As far as the titles between Sasha and Charlotte...I'm pretty sure they were just trying to make it unpredictable as hell to keep and generate more views for the very beginning of first ever women stuff lol. A business ploy yes that in terms had some negative ramifications as well.
it was a weird thing that they didn't want Sasha to lose so much, but Charlotte was having her PPV streak, so they kept booking themselves into this rematch loop of hell
As I said: incompetence. The right answer would have been to have Sasha lose but then build her way back up (maybe do Sasha vs. Dana for a month while Charlotte defends against someone else) rather than to keep switching the belt.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 14:55

Did the belt just have to be a heel that whole time? Wouldn't it have been better to have a fighting triumphant face champion closing out the *first ever woman's* everything? But again, *undefeated ppv streak*
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 31st, '18, 15:52

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 14:55 Did the belt just have to be a heel that whole time? Wouldn't it have been better to have a fighting triumphant face champion closing out the *first ever woman's* everything? But again, *undefeated ppv streak*
Why does this need a babyface to go over? The "very first women's Match Type X" hype works counter to the babyface/heel story by making the fact that these two women are competing in this match the story rather than something that would make you want to see one defeat the other. That was the whole problem with the women's HIAC match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '18, 16:18

Side note on women's wrestling...I'm watching last MYC...and what is with almost every one wearing short tights wearing stockings under them? Kairi Sane is the only one I noticed so far who isn't...is that just like a "gear" thing now? Like fingerless gloves, arm bands and knee pads? Lol or is there a physical safety reason or what?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 2nd, '18, 08:08

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 16:18 Side note on women's wrestling...I'm watching last MYC...and what is with almost every one wearing short tights wearing stockings under them? Kairi Sane is the only one I noticed so far who isn't...is that just like a "gear" thing now? Like fingerless gloves, arm bands and knee pads? Lol or is there a physical safety reason or what?
My wife says it "keeps everything where it's supposed to be." I say they don't want to shave their legs.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 2nd, '18, 09:36

Well Kairi Sane definitely shaves...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 4th, '18, 09:47

You know something I've noticed and I can guarantee I'm not the only one? Out of all the announcers over the years...some came and went...others were part of a long time core group...Cole IS...THE ONLY ONE LEFT and the only one to have NEVER been removed...fired, or left and came back.

Let that all sink in. The son of a birch is the worst ever. During the 5 on 5 Inaugural Brawl in the main event of Invasion...he calls the Diamond Cutter a "neckbreaker".

If anything It's a cutter/ace crusher...it's in the fuckin' name lol...20 years later he still hasn't learned it's a suplex and not just an "oh what a throw!"

All of the Saxtons, Adamles, Phillips, and whoever else...and he's still there. He was calling Bicycle Kicks , Scissors Kicks, and Scissors Kicks, Bicycle Kicks in the lead-up to X-7 last night lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '18, 10:43

Cole got better at times that you're not remembering (most of his Smackdown run with Tazz, for example). But more importantly, Cole definitely seems to be the guy who has been able to work with Vince better than the others. Vince likes him and he likes Vince. It doesn't surprise me that he's still around. It's not like they've ever fired anyone for incompetent announcing. The only guy I can think of who they even got rid of when it was clear he was doing a terrible job is Adamle, who was just moved to a different role.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 4th, '18, 10:59

Yeah he's not as horrible on SD from years ago then now, which I've been watching lately. I just finished Undertaker V HHH from WM X7. It's just kinda baffling he's the one who's always been around when he isn't exactly the best at all lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '18, 11:10

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 4th, '18, 10:59 Yeah he's not as horrible on SD from years ago then now, which I've been watching lately. I just finished Undertaker V HHH from WM X7. It's just kinda baffling he's the one who's always been around when he isn't exactly the best at all lol.
Why? Ross was around for a long time but got tired of working with Vince. Lawler has been around forever and was on commentary for most of it. It makes perfect sense that Vince would keep Cole around if he likes the guy.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 4th, '18, 11:58

Yeah, plus he's notably younger.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 4th, '18, 13:12

Alright...last night's Raw was...wow. To sum it all up lol.

Pretty much nonstop and it felt very short actually.