BRM Reviews the 7/16/2018 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/16/2018 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '18, 01:54

OPENING SEGMENT- standard fare
Kurt says that Brock is nowhere to be found, despite his ultimatum last night. Heyman then showed up. Heyman tried to do his catchphrase but Kurt cut him off, which resulted in Kurt getting booed. Kurt demanded that Brock come out. Heyman teased that Brock was here but then he wasn’t. Kurt says he will strip Brock of the title, but Heyman desperate cuts him off and runs down to the ring, which was funny. The fans are now chanting “STRIP THE TITLE!” which shows just how much of a disaster this whole thing has been.
Heyman claims that everyone is wrong when they say that Brock doesn’t like wrestling for WWE. He says that Brock loves it so much he wants to represent WWE in the UFC. He tries to appeal to Kurt by comparing this to Kurt challenging for championships in WWE while wearing his Olympic gold medals, which is, of course, a ridiculous comparison. Kurt says that if Brock doesn’t defend the title at SummerSlam, he will be stripped of the title. The fans are again chanting “STRIP THE TITLE!” Heyman gives in and says that Brock will, in fact, defend the WWE Universal Title at SummerSlam… and the fans booed.
Heyman asks who the challenger will be, which brought out Lashley. Lashley said he would win the title… but then Drew McIntyre came out. If they job Drew out to Lashley, I will be extremely furious. Drew said that he, too, came back to WWE to be the world champion. Rollins then came out and got in Drew’s face… and then, rather than hit Drew or yell at him for costing him the title, or yell at Kurt for being a moron and not ordering the Ironman Match restarted a second time even though Drew- who had already been ejected from ringside- came out and caused a distraction, Rollins said that he should challenge Brock for the Universal Title. Then the freakin’ Drifter came out and said that not only did he want to be the champion, but also said that his debut album will come out next week.
Then Balor came out and said he should get a title shot because he was the first-ever Universal Champion. So what? By that logic we should dig up Buddy Rogers to be AJ Styles’ next challenger.
Roman Reigns came out next and said… that he didn’t care about Brock at all and that he just wanted to fight someone. That was surprising.
Kurt announces a mini-tournament with two three-ways tonight, and the winners facing off in a final next week. The matches will be Lashley vs. Drifter vs. Rollins, and Drew vs. Roman vs. Balor. This whole thing was the usual “I want to be the #1 contender!” segment that leads to a #1 contendership match, but, like often happens in WWE, almost no one actually presented any sort of logical argument as to why they should be the #1 contender. The only one who really did was Lashley, which was extremely shocking because not only does Roman- who has been demanded another title shot for months and has a valid claim to a title shot- didn’t lay his reason out, and Roman’s reason being explained would only buttress Lashley’s position as well, as Lashley just beat someone who should be in line for a title shot. Balor didn’t even mention that he won his wrestling match at last night’s PPV.

KURT & CORBIN BACKSTAGE- Corbin was pissy that he wasn’t out in one of the Triple Threat matches but Balor was. Kurt points out that Balor beat him last night.

#1 CONTENDERSHIP QUALIFYING TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre- 7.5/10
These guys had a very hard-hitting brawl in which all three guys felt like they had a real chance to win. Shockingly, Baron Corbin did not interfere and cost Balor the match. Instead he got pinned cleanly by Roman. The crowd reacted shockingly well to this.7

Cole explained to us Drew’s driving force in his new run i.e. the same thing he kept saying in most of his promos on NXT that he is more focused and determined to not squander his opportunities this time like he did in his last run, etc.... which just makes you wonder they haven’t been having DREW say this on TV. Any time an announcer has to tell us “this is a different Wrestler X than some of you fans may remember,” you’ve made a misstep in your storytelling because having Cole tell us this with that sort of preface is immersion-breaking. This is the sort of thing that Drew should have been saying in the promo he cut earlier.

BAYLEY & ANGLE BACKSTAGE- IT SOMEHOW GOT STUPIDER!
Sasha is supposed to meet with them be she is refusing to come out of the locker room. So basically, this whole counselling thing was an idiotic waste of time. Speaking of the counselling, Kurt asked Bayley “how’d it go?” THEY AIRED IT ON YOUR OWN F*CKING SHOW AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN WATCH IT?! And yet you ordered Bayley to go or else she’d be fired? What an asshole!
Bayley says that it didn’t work, and she and Sasha will never be friends again. Kurt then said that he has realized that he has “been going about this the wrong way. Here on Raw we settle things in the ring.” At this point I shouted “F*cking finally this idiot is going to let the two people who don’t like each other have a match against each other!”
Then I screamed even louder when I realized what Kurt actually said. In order to “settle things in the ring” he isn’t going to have them fight each other. He is forcing them to team up. In other words, THE SAME THING THAT HASN’T BEEN WORKING FOR MONTHS!
Bayley objects to this stupidity, but Kurt shuts her down, saying “the two of you are very valuable together.” Why? There are no women’s tag team titles for them to compete for, and you’re not selling “Sasha & Bayley BFFs” merch, so what value do they possibly have as a unit that is greater than the sum of their value as two singles competitors?
Just when I thought this couldn’t get any more stupid, Kurt gave Bayley an ultimatum: “If you can’t get along, then one of you will have be traded to Smackdown.” WHAT?! You’ve got an entire f*cking show full of people who can’t get along! Roman and Lashley, Owens and Strowman, Corbin and Balor, Alexa and Ronda, Alexa and Nia, Nia and Ronda, Mojo and Jose, Roman and Jinder, the Riott Squad and every single person backstage… and I don’t see you ordering any of them to get along or else get traded.
I mean… IT’S PRO WRESTLING! We don’t need people to get along. Hell, it’s BETTER when they don’t. Can you even imagine Paul Heyman saying “Taz, Sabu… if you two won’t be friends I’ll be forced to fire one of you?” It’s PERPOSTEROUS! Saying this sort of thing on TV should be all the reason Steph needs to have Kurt fired! Does Kurt Angle, former holding of just about every belt in WWE and WWE Hall of Famer not understand the wrestling business? If I’m Bayley right now, I’m just hoping that I’m the one who Kurt winds up trading to Smackdown because at least the GM over there has some idea of what she’s doing.

IC TITLE SEGMENT- fine
Ziggler came out and cut an annoying promo. It wasn’t the content that was annoying so much as Dolph’s voice. He just always sounds like he’s one step away from whining. Bobby Roode interrupted him and said that Dolph only won because of McIntyre. Roode challenged Ziggler to a title match, right here, right now. Dolph said he wouldn’t defend the title but Roode goaded him into it by asking Ziggler if he was scared that he couldn’t retain the title on his own. Ziggler then agreed to the match, but when JoJo went to announce it as a title match, Dolph told her that he only said he’d give Roode a match, not a title match. In response to this, Michael Cole- the babyface lead announcer- laughed and said “classic Ziggler” as if this was something Dolph does all the time. We then got…

BOBBY ROODE vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER- 6/10
They had a decent match for a while… and then Dolph won clean. I guess it’s good that the champion won cleanly, but given the set-up here, it seems like an odd decision. Maybe Roode’s “tweaked knee” shortly before the finish was legit and they rushed the finish?
Coach said that backstage he had heard the wrestlers all “talking about SummerSlam” and how “we’re flat-out on the road to one of the Big Four.” This line really bothered me because I thought it made the wrestlers sound like… well… “stupid marks” is really the best way I can put it. The problem, I think, is that it sounds like such a “company line.” It sounds like the way WWE wants the fans to be thinking. And I’m sure the reason it sounds like a company line is because it is one, because that is how WWE usually communicates to us: by having the announcers flat out telling us what we should be thinking. It truly astounds me that after nearly a decade of reviewing WWE programming every week I still find new ways that WWE’s announcing policies and obsession with branding manage to actually undermine the product.

LASHLEY PROMO- not good.
He talked about slaying the beast and winning the Universal Title, but his delivery felt very community theater. Like he was trying too hard to sound determined.

MOJO RAWLEY IS MEAN TO BOBBY ROODE BACKSTAGE- He gave Roode a sarcastic slow clap and said “and you’re supposed to glorious?” This was not good.

TYLER BREEZE vs. MOJO RAWLEY- squash
in perhaps the best thing you will ever hear from main roster WWE announcing all year, Jonathan Coachman realized that he forgot to do his stupid “word of the hour” gimmick for the first hour and started to make a big deal out of apologizing to all of his social media followers for this… at which point Michael Cole immediately began talking over Coach and continued talking for quite a while in order to prevent Coach- who kept trying to find an opening- from doing his stupid word gimmick. And when Cole finally had to take a breath, Corey Graves jumped in before Coach could say anything and he began to talk continuously.
Breeze got a dropkick in, but that was about it.

SASHA BANKS & BAYLEY vs. ALICIA FOX & DANA BROOKE- 0.5/10... because I really don’t want to give this a dud after that bump that poor Dana took off the apron. Basically what happened is that Fox and Bayley were legal and spilled to the outside, then Sasha got involved and did a whole bunch of cool stuff (including responding to Dana grabbing her by the hair by grabbing her arms and pulling her down off the apron and Dana took a huge flip bump for it)… and then, just when the fans were getting into it with all of Sasha’s offense on the outside, the referee disqualified Sasha for being involved for too long when she wasn’t the legal competitor. Sasha then walked off while Bayley was sad.

SASHA & BAYLEY BACKSTAGE-well... that took an unexpected turn
Sasha is trying to leave but Bayley stops her. Bayley asks Sasha “what was that?” to which Sasha responds “it’s one thing for me to beat you up, but I’ll be damned if I let anyone else beat you up.” Bayley responded by saying “that means you care.” Sasha then shouted “OF COURSE I CARE!” and started yelling at Bayley that “you know I hate talking about my feelings!” and “you know I love that you’re a good person” and blah blah blah. Just f*ck already and get over with!
And yes, this segment did include Sasha telling Bayley “I love you. I always have and I always will.” The slash-fic writers are going to be SOOOOO happy! (And, in all honesty, I actually think that there is a very good chance that that is exactly where this is going. WWE saw how well Omega and Ibushi’s “do they?/are they?” vibe has worked and want their own, but they have to be WWE about it and can’t build to it in an intelligent manner, nor can they understand that the lack of a definitive answer is what works so well about the Omega-Ibushi relationship [because the correct answer is that it doesn’t matter if they are or aren’t and whether they do or not is their own private business], so we might well be getting our first totally consensual lesbian relationship on screen in WWE.)

Coach doesn’t seem to have picked up on the lesbian subtext (or even regular-sized text) of that segment.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS BRAUN STROWMAN- meh
Renee asks Braun if he has “any regrets at all for what you did to Kevin.” Braun said he was sorry he didn’t get to congratulate Owens on his victory. That’s kind of dickish. Renee then asked Braun why he didn’t come out in the opening segment to challenge Brock, which Braun says is because he has MITB.

Cole told us that Owens is out with some injuries sustained when Braun threw him off the top of the cage.

THE B-TEAM vs. THE AS- WAIT?! WHAT THE F*CK?!
So The B-Team come out and Cole tells us that they will be “in action next.” Then we come back to the show and see that their match is against The Ascension and it has already started, with Konnor working over Axel in the corner… and Michael Cole casually informs us that “The B-Team’s first title defense [is] not going to well.” So not only did they not advertise or hype up this title defense- the B-Team’s very first after their big title win last night- in any way, but they started it in the middle of a commercial? I honestly didn’t think it was possible for WWE to make these belts look less important, but they managed to find a way. Anyway, apparently we have a…

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The B-Team(c) vs. The Ascension- 2.25/10
They showed us The Revival backstage, with Cole saying he is certain that The Revival will be getting a title shot soon because of how impressive they were in their matches against Roman and Lashley. Coach added in that he figured that beating Roman and Lashley that one time would have meant The Revival would be the ones getting the first title shot. It’s nice to see Coach trying to apply some logic, but when he puts it that way, the team on Raw that deserves a title shot more than any other right now is actually Roman & Lashley!
Cole also told us that Matt & Bray have “a mandatory rematch, if they choose to invoke that clause.” If they can choose not to invoke it then it isn’t mandatory!
That green facepaint makes Viktor look like such a dumbf*ck. The B-Team were getting beaten up, then hit one move and won. Are anticlimactic finishes their gimmick or something?

MATT HARDY & BRAY WYATT PROMO- Matt Hardy said the following: “B-Team! You have disrupted the imperial equilibrium of the heavens and now you must pay for your cosmic crimes.” Could Matt not think of anything to say so they gave him an old Stardust promo they had lying around?
Bray, on the other hand, was actually pretty good, simply saying that The B-Team had better enjoy the titles while they can because he and Matt are coming to take them back. Who would have thought that if you teamed Bray Wyatt with Broken Matt Hardy, it would cause Bray to actually start cutting coherent promos?

There is a time traveler in the front row. I know he’s a time traveler because he is wearing an nWo shirt and holding up a sign that says “I’d rather be in Chyna.”

WOMEN’S TITLR SEGMENT- mixed bag
Mickie James and your WWE Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss! come out and Alexa says that she has beaten every single woman in the locker room. Loathe as I am to disagree with Alexa, being the unbiased observer that I am I must point out that Alexa has never pinned Dana Brooke (at least not on TV) and Dana actually defeated Alexa in the only singles match the two have ever had (it was on an NXT house show). This fact, combined with Dana coming out on the winning side of things in her match earlier tonight means that, logically, Dana Brooke should be the #1 contender, so we can put off this Ronda Rousey silliness that the fans are all chanting about at least until after SummerSlam.
Speaking of Ronda Rousey, Alexa called for her to be suspended indefinitely for jumping the guardrail at last night’s PPV, which is perfectly reasonable. Just then, Ronda showed up in the crowd. Bliss and Mickie tried to run up the ramp but Ronda just hopped the guardrail by the stage and cut them off, and once again no security tried to stop the suspended wrestler from jumping the guardrail.
Alexa and Mickie ran back to the ring. Still no security has come out, even though Ronda is now assaulting Mickie James. Alexa and some referees managed to pull Mickie free and tried to get her up the ramp but Ronda jumped onto the pile of them, meaning she is now once again assaulting referees. She stands over everyone, and STILL no security has come out. She grabs Alexa by the hair and drags her back to the ring, because apparently you can’t apply an armbar on the ramp.
She gives Alexa a judo toss and goes for the armbar but is unable to penetrate Alexa’s impeccable armbar defense. The referees are now trying to pull Alexa to safety, and FINALLY Kurt Angle comes out, presumably to announce that Ronda has just been traded to Smackdown because she can’t get along with Alexa and Mickie.
Kurt tells her to calm down, and implores her to go home and wait out her suspension, which ends on Wednesday. I was about to type up a long rant on some of the logical issues here (the horrendous inconsistency and logical holes in the use of authority figures here reminds me of those of TNA in the summer of 2016, which is never a good place to be unless you’re talking about the booking of Bobby Lashley), but thankfully Baron Corbin came out to be the voice of reason so I didn’t have to do so in the form of a rant.
Corbin declared that Ronda should not merely be sent home but should be reprimanded. He insisted that Kurt put his foot down. Kurt told Ronda that Corbin was right and added one week to her suspension. Then, as if speaking with one mind, myself, Alexa, and Corbin all shouted “WHAT?! A WEEK?!” Corbin said that Kurt has left him no choice but to call Stephanie about this (she’s isn’t watching the show?!), but he forgot his phone, so after checking all four pockets he realized he must have left it in the office. He orders Kurt to stay where he is while he goes to retrieve his cellphone so he can call Stephanie.
Corbin headed to the back… and once he was gone Kurt smiled, said “I think he was looking for this” and pulled Corbin’s phone out of his pocket. WHAT A DICK! Why did Kurt Angle steal Baron Corbin’s phone?! Also, why does Kurt think this will stop anyone from contacting Steph? Why doesn’t Mickie or Alexa go run to get Corbin while the other one of them calls Steph on one of their phones? Or use one of the announcers’ phones? Based on everything he’s said this segment, you’d think Graves would be jumping up and down, waving his phone in the air to get Alexa’s attention to suggest that she use his phone to call Ms. McMahon.
Kurt tells Ronda that she has to stay home until her suspension is over, but if she does, he will give her a shot at Alexa’s title at SummerSlam. NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO! That’s not how suspensions work! When someone violates their suspension you don’t bribe them to be a good little boy/girl for the rest of it. You punish them MORE. This is like that time in ROH that Jim Cornette suspended Necro Butcher because he kept breaking the rules and getting disqualified, then, after Necro broke the rules again, Cornette agreed not only to reinstate Necro but to make all of his matches no DQs.
Hey, Kurt? Remember that Brock Lesnar guy you’ve been focusing on so much and how he wants to fight in the UFC? Well Mr. Brock was suspended from UFC for PEDs after his last fight. In order to be able to fight again he not only has to serve his suspension, but he has to have a certain period of clean tests, or else he has violated his suspension. If that he were to test positive during his period of suspension, do you know what USADA would do? They’d SUSPEND HIM FOR EVEN MORE TIME BECAUSE HE BROKE THE RULES AGAIN! What they sure as hell wouldn’t do is wag their finger at him and sternly say “you’d better not still be doing this when your suspension is up, mister!” which is exactly what Kurt is doing here!
And how about Ronda? Didn’t she say she wanted no special treatment? Well this certainly seems like special treatment to me! Bayley is ordered to go to f*cking friendship counselling and is told she will be fired if she refuses, but Ronda Rousey is allowed to violate her suspension and commit the original crime (attacking WWE officials) all over again, as well as assaulting other wrestlers while breaking suspension… not only does she not get punished for it but she is getting REWARDED with a title shot she once again hasn’t earned? What a piece of work!
My only solace here- and the HUGE logical hole here- is that there is absolutely no reason that Stephanie can’t just undo this next week, either by showing up herself or by sending word through Constable Corbin. Also, if I’m Baron Corbin, I’m totally calling both the cops and HR on Kurt for stealing my phone, just for that douchy smug grin he had on his face. They established with Emma incident that stealing a phone is a terminable offense, and unlike Emma, Kurt clearly did this on purpose!

CHARLY CARUSO INTERVIEWS SETH ROLLINS- fine

Michael Cole randomly announced that the pre-Survivor Series NXT Takeover show this year will once again be War Games… meaning they’re now making the same mistake with War Games on NXT that they have made with all of their main roster gimmick PPVs.

TITUS WORLDWIDE (MINUS DANA BROOKE) SELFIE PROMO- fine

TITUS WORLDWIDE vs. THE AUTHORS OF PAIN- squash

RIDICULOUS SH*T HAPPENS BACKSTAGE- Sarah Logan was giving Liv Morgan a piggyback ride backstage. No Way Jose and his conga line danced by. Liv and Sarah became unhappy, and knocked on person’s hat off. Then Liv stole another’s sunglasses. The conga dancers barely reacted to both the dickishness and the theft of their paraphernalia. Liv put the sunglasses on, mounted Sarah once again, and they walked through the line and continued on their way. I cannot believe I just typed any of that for a review of a wrestling show.

EMBER MOON vs. SARAH LOGAN (w/Liv Morgan)- 6.5/10
The announcers have now apparently decided that Sarah Logan is a Viking now, despite the fact that her entire character so far has been that she is a “backwoods girl” who is “from Kentucky.” But she’s a Viking now because she put a small modicum of facepaint on. She apparently has Viking ancestry- or “roots” as Michael Cole constantly referred to them. With all of the other ridiculous sh*t that goes on on this show without comment, someone apparently decided that an explanation was needed of how someone with an Irish surname could have Viking blood, so Michael Cole gave us a history lesson. While Cole and Graves were talking about this, Ember Moon did a really awesome handspring counter that they completely ignored.
Graves would go on to tell us that Sarah Logan lives this Viking stuff as her “legitimate lifestyle.” Is she setting sail from Scandinavia in her longship and raiding settlements in the British Isles? No? Then don’t tell me she’s living a “legitimate lifestyle” as a Viking!
Sarah and Ember had a very good back and forth match, especially for the time they got. Liv caused a distraction while Ember was going for the Eclipse, allowing Sarah to knock Ember off the top rope, and then pin her for what Michael Cole informed us was her first singles match in WWE (she’s been on the main roster for EIGHT MONTHS and hadn’t won a singles match until now?)

The Goof Troop has invoked their rematch clause so we’re getting a tag title match on Raw next week.

THE DRIFTER SINGS- meh

#1 CONTENDERSHIP QUALIFYING TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Seth Rollins vs. Bobby Lashley vs. “The Drifter” Elias Sampson- 7.25/10
The Drifter attacked Seth from behind during Lashley’s entrance. The match was pretty great. Lashley won, which is annoying because it means that we’re getting Roman vs. Lashley for #1 contendership next week, just eight days after they did that same match with a clean finish on the PPV, making the PPV match- the match they pushed the most out of any match on the entire Extreme Rules PPV- mean absolutely nothing.

This was a passable show from WWE. It was basically ludicrousness bookened by great wrestling.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/16/2018 Raw

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 12:15

I really can only hope that they don't take all the anti-Lesnar crowd reactions as serious heel heat lol. These people are tired of this shit as well.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 12:33

Corbin was soooooo bad and the whole angle is fuckin' horrible. Get this guy off of WWE Tv.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 12:45

Ziggler's horrible lol. This guy is not good with promos.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 13:41

I guess nobody really remembers that Lashley uses a spear as well...and he's actually not doing it just because "hahaha I can do that too Reigns."

...lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 18th, '18, 15:44

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 12:45 Ziggler's horrible lol. This guy is not good with promos.
I don't think he's that bad... I think the script is that bad. I mean, perception is reality, bad is bad regardless.

I put him in a class with Angle. Guys that can talk but can't read out loud. Ziggler is fine as a "talking point" guy, he's terrible as a "just read the script" guy.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '18, 16:01

Bob-O wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 15:44
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 12:45 Ziggler's horrible lol. This guy is not good with promos.
I don't think he's that bad... I think the script is that bad. I mean, perception is reality, bad is bad regardless.

I put him in a class with Angle. Guys that can talk but can't read out loud. Ziggler is fine as a "talking point" guy, he's terrible as a "just read the script" guy.
To a certain point, Ziggler is also someone that if he got to do whatever he wanted, he'd be cutting overly dramatic promos all the time and trying to copy everything HBK did during his career. To me Ziggler is a talent that does kinda need some limits

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 16:17

That's one of my many hangups with Miz. Almost every single promo is overdramatic having a rage fit and I'm just like wtf.

The thing with Ziggler to me is his delivery seems to be getting worse and worse. His whole entire style lately is nothing but over-obnoxious silly stuff...and it's just not good.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '18, 16:33

cero2k wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 16:01
Bob-O wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 15:44

To a certain point, Ziggler is also someone that if he got to do whatever he wanted, he'd be cutting overly dramatic promos all the time and trying to copy everything HBK did during his career. To me Ziggler is a talent that does kinda need some limits
Yeah. His delivery is always pretty over the top.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 19:01

Idek what the whole gimmick thing is they're doing with Ziggler at this point lol. Before it was something about two dudes makin' new names For themselves. Now it's talkin' like an idiot again.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '18, 19:25

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 19:01 Idek what the whole gimmick thing is they're doing with Ziggler at this point lol. Before it was something about two dudes makin' new names For themselves. Now it's talkin' like an idiot again.
Yeah. I feel the same way. I really think they should be using just Drew's music as a team and Drew should be doing all of the talking for them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 20:46

Ziggler's theme is so played out at this point anyway.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 18th, '18, 20:47

McIntyre is much better going about establishing a serious vibe anyway as well.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 19th, '18, 08:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 19:25
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 18th, '18, 19:01 Idek what the whole gimmick thing is they're doing with Ziggler at this point lol. Before it was something about two dudes makin' new names For themselves. Now it's talkin' like an idiot again.
Yeah. I feel the same way. I really think they should be using just Drew's music as a team and Drew should be doing all of the talking for them.
at that point you may as well just have Drew hit the Claymore on Ziggler, go and slap Lashley and Reings in the face and challenge Lesnar. Drew doesn't really need Ziggler and he could be in the main event scene any day