BRM's thoughts on the 3/21/2011 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 3/21/2011 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '11, 13:35

WOW! Michael Cole is HUGE jerk!

TRIPLE H PROMO- Very good.

TRIPLE H DESTROYS DIBIASE- I liked this segment a lot. It is intended to reintroduce us to Triple H we are going to get at Wrestlemania. Yes, Triple H was on TV 10 months ago, but that isn’t the Triple H we are going to get at Wrestlemania. At Wrestlemania, we are going to get the Triple H 0f 2000- early 2006. Less funny stuff. More cold, emotionless beatings.

SHEAMUS vs. EVAN BOURNE- 1/10 A MINUTE AND A HALF! WTF?

DRAGON-SHEAMUS SEGMENT- Good.

ORTON PROMO- okay.

MARYSE vs. EVE TORRES- 2.25/10. The Michael Cole stuff was eh. It’s not as good the second time. It looks like this might actually lead to something with Eve, but doing that will only distract from Cole vs. Lawler, and if Eve gets the heat off of Cole then there is less for Lawler.

WWE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Slater & Gabriel(c) (w/Corre) vs. Kozlov & Santino (w/Tamina)-3.5/10. The same crappy match we’ve seen at least 15 times since October.

KANE & SHOW DESTROY NEXUS- TERRIBLE! Aside from the fact that they are SD guys, so they shouldn’t be here (like Barrett & Jackson), it doesn’t help build up the feud if an INJURED Kane & Big Show beat the crap out of Corre.

CENA PROMO- GREAT!

COLE-LAWLER SEGMENT- pretty good.

DOLPH ZIGGLER, VIKCIE, & LAY-COOL vs. JOHN MORRISON & TRISH STRATUS- 4.5/10. Not good or exciting at all. What was the point of having it start off as a regular match in the first place?

RANDY ORTON vs. REY MYSTERIO- No Rating. They just did some stuff until the finish, which I REALLY didn’t like, for a few reasons.
1. Let me get this straight. Mrs. Orton just stays in the car THE ENTIRE TWO HOURS while Raw is on? Jeez, Randy! Buy her a damn ticket, or let her hang out in the back.
2. A few months ago, Orton cut a promo saying that he was going stop being a nice guy. To stop being compassionate. This flies in the face of that. If we had seen Randy not care about other babyfaces (or heels) and just take them out, pick apart their injuries, and do whatever it takes to win, then have him give up an IMPORTANT match (like, say, a WWE Title match) to go save his wife from Punk, it would be good, provided that Orton learns from it that he can’t be a cold blooded, compassionless viper, because that just isn’t who he really his. But that’s not the angle here! Doing it like this, in this angle, in this meaningless match, doesn’t do anything!
Also, you can’t bill it as a “Wrestlemania Rewind” match if you don’t have EVERYONE who was in that match! It is a “No Way Out Rewind” match!

RILEY IS BACK WITH MIZ! YAY!

MIZ PROMO- okay. But flipping the belt was AWESOME!

CENA PROMO- LOVED IT! And it plays into his angle with The Rock perfectly, as well!

Overall an extremely crappy episode of Raw.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Darkil

Re: BRM's thoughts on the 3/21/2011 Raw

Post by Darkil » Mar 24th, '11, 18:52

As of late, I find RAW and SD! a waste of DVR space. I've stopped watching SD! altogether since half of it has been just a RAW recap. RAW has been so boring that I can fast forward and watch it in 30 min or less. I hope it gets better...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 24th, '11, 19:18

Big Red Machine wrote:
really? awesome? you can't be serious....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '11, 22:19

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
really? awesome? you can't be serious....
Yeah. It was really cool. Freakin' genius.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3