Raw 25: I'm Probably Skipping It

Big Red Machine

Raw 25: I'm Probably Skipping It

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 22nd, '18, 14:58

With so many legendary names announced and this whole wacky two-venue set-up and knowing the way that WWE usually handles shows like these, I don't think this show will be worth watching. Certainly 90% of it won't be. I don't need to see dumb comedy skits with old guys, current stars being made to look like total chump for a nostalgia pop, and WWE masturbating for three hours. So I'm going to wait until it's over and see if there was anything that happened was actually important or entertaining and then seek out clips of that. If someone else wants to do the review for tonight, please feel free.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: Raw 25: I'm Probably Skipping It

Post by NWK2000 » Jan 22nd, '18, 15:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 22nd, '18, 14:58 With so many legendary names announced and this whole wacky two-venue set-up and knowing the way that WWE usually handles shows like these, I don't think this show will be worth watching. Certainly 90% of it won't be. I don't need to see dumb comedy skits with old guys, current stars being made to look like total chump for a nostalgia pop, and WWE masturbating for three hours. So I'm going to wait until it's over and see if there was anything that happened was actually important or entertaining and then seek out clips of that. If someone else wants to do the review for tonight, please feel free.
I've got it!
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 22nd, '18, 21:16

there was seriously nothing to watch, this was the first raw i've seen in a while and nothing happened.

Taker's promo said nothing. DX just ran over Revival proxy Anderson and Gallows, Jericho was in backstage joke with Elias, Bischoff just stood there yessing. Flair just bullied Alexa Bliss and NOTHING built towards the freaking rumble! no 'i toss everyone out of the ring' segment! This was seriously bad and uneventful

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 22nd, '18, 23:22

I skipped all of it too. I literally only watched the segment with Balor Club because I have a giant crush on Finn, and the IC Title match because I wanted to see if Roman lost it.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 23rd, '18, 05:58

The APA poker stuff was funny (except for JBL saying "this area is not for fighting, go sort it in the ring"... The APA used to smash people around their little set on a weekly basis, especially during the Hardcore Title era. So that just annoyed me)

Everything else was missable and there was no build towards the Rumble (except a little bit between The Bar & Jordan/Rollins).

Undertaker was pointless, Stone Cold was predictable. DX/Kliq & Balor Club stuff was a nice moment and clearly just to get the whole "Too Sweet" thing in, but it was a largely forgettable night where nothing really happened.

Eric Bischoff got one of the biggest pops of the night... which shows that he is still the most popular GM the WWE have ever had.

Oh and Jason Jordan is actually starting to play his role well...
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 08:47

XIV wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 05:58 The APA poker stuff was funny (except for JBL saying "this area is not for fighting, go sort it in the ring"... The APA used to smash people around their little set on a weekly basis, especially during the Hardcore Title era. So that just annoyed me)
i really just liked Heath Slater, but it's mostly because I like Slater regardless, but it did kinda annoyed me that it was an excuse to try and get as most people on the show as possible. Especially Jeff Hardy's big return, Jeff shouldn't be on screen until he is ready to confront Woken Matt OR if Christian and the Dudleyz would have had a segment together (which i think they should have)

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 23rd, '18, 08:52

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 08:47
XIV wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 05:58 The APA poker stuff was funny (except for JBL saying "this area is not for fighting, go sort it in the ring"... The APA used to smash people around their little set on a weekly basis, especially during the Hardcore Title era. So that just annoyed me)
i really just liked Heath Slater, but it's mostly because I like Slater regardless, but it did kinda annoyed me that it was an excuse to try and get as most people on the show as possible. Especially Jeff Hardy's big return, Jeff shouldn't be on screen until he is ready to confront Woken Matt OR if Christian and the Dudleyz would have had a segment together (which i think they should have)
My assumption is that Jeff isn't ready to return and it was just to have him appear on the show, but as he is an active member of the roster, they shouldn't have used him in this context... But I'm not sure it was the best advert overall to have an aspiring politician, a former addict and an ordained minister portrayed to be gambling on TV. Just sayin'.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 09:02

this came out yesterday half way through the show. Apparently fans where chanting for refunds when the cameras where off the air

I was Cody last night

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '18, 10:58

I totally agree that Jeff shoudn't have appeared if he isn't ready to wrestle... and even if he is ready to wrestle now, there was no reason to waste his return here rather than as a surprise for the Rumble.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '18, 11:07

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 09:02 this came out yesterday half way through the show. Apparently fans where chanting for refunds when the cameras where off the air

Also, this happened:

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 11:39

I just realized that Randy Orton was nowhere around, he's been technically #2 for the last 10 years and he wasn't around at all. I understand Foley, Edge, Hart, Batista, Rock were all impossible to book, but Orton was right there.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '18, 12:07

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 11:39 I just realized that Randy Orton was nowhere around, he's been technically #2 for the last 10 years and he wasn't around at all. I understand Foley, Edge, Hart, Batista, Rock were all impossible to book, but Orton was right there.
He shouldn't be there. He's a Smackdown guy and this is Raw.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '18, 12:29

So I watched it on Hulu, which cuts it from 3 hours to 1/30. I don't guess I missed much it seems lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 12:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 12:07
cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 11:39 I just realized that Randy Orton was nowhere around, he's been technically #2 for the last 10 years and he wasn't around at all. I understand Foley, Edge, Hart, Batista, Rock were all impossible to book, but Orton was right there.
so why was AJ, Dragon, Charlotte, The New Day, Natalya, Usos, or Shane there? Aside from Shane, Orton has more RAW history himself than the other 9 combined.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '18, 12:59

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 12:52
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 12:07
so why was AJ, Dragon, Charlotte, The New Day, Natalya, Usos, or Shane there? Aside from Shane, Orton has more RAW history himself than the other 9 combined.
They've kind of established that Dragon and Shane can show up on Raw when they want (so long as Kurt/Steph don't throw them out of the building, which is a different question). As for the others, they shouldn't have been there, either. I assume no one brought up Survivor Series at all, right?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 13:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 12:59 I assume no one brought up Survivor Series at all, right?
they barely brought up the Rumble in the 'Rumble Go Home Show'

WrestlingJoker

Post by WrestlingJoker » Jan 23rd, '18, 13:11

cero2k wrote: Jan 22nd, '18, 21:16 no 'i toss everyone out of the ring' segment!
Well, there was Asuka when she kicked and threw everyone out of the ring, if that counts for something (I don't know if it does or not. I haven't really watched/payed attention since probably the week after last years WrestleMania).

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '18, 13:22

"Son, I am disappoint."
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 13:34

WrestlingJoker wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 13:11
cero2k wrote: Jan 22nd, '18, 21:16 no 'i toss everyone out of the ring' segment!
Well, there was Asuka when she kicked and threw everyone out of the ring, if that counts for something (I don't know if it does or not. I haven't really watched/payed attention since probably the week after last years WrestleMania).
i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that tonight on Smackdown they do a big brawl with that finish

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '18, 13:35

WrestlingJoker wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 13:11
So was this a show that would make you start watching again?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation