Raw 25: I'm Probably Skipping It

WrestlingJoker

Re: Raw 25: I'm Probably Skipping It

Post by WrestlingJoker » Jan 23rd, '18, 14:30

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 13:35
WrestlingJoker wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 13:11
cero2k wrote: Jan 22nd, '18, 21:16 no 'i toss everyone out of the ring' segment!
Well, there was Asuka when she kicked and threw everyone out of the ring, if that counts for something (I don't know if it does or not. I haven't really watched/payed attention since probably the week after last years WrestleMania).
So was this a show that would make you start watching again?
As someone who is a huge sucker for nostalgia, no. I didn't hate it as much as a lot of people did (again, sucker for nostalgia), but it was full of a lot of nothing. To be fair, the only reason I watched it other for it being a milestone episode, was because it's the last one before the Royal Rumble. Chances are, I'll stop watching again the week after WM.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '18, 19:28

Part of me feels like in a way we just got the same legends as other shows like this. Could we just stop having DX in its entirety at every single thousandth/hundredth show and so on already? Scott Hall and Steve Austin and The APA as well. Fuck lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 23rd, '18, 21:08

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 19:28 Part of me feels like in a way we just got the same legends as other shows like this. Could we just stop having DX in its entirety at every single thousandth/hundredth show and so on already? Scott Hall and Steve Austin and The APA as well. Fuck lol.
we actually got worse legends this time IMO, look at the people at the 15th annyversary or RAW1000 and both look more 'legendary'

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 23rd, '18, 21:47

cero2k wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 21:08
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 23rd, '18, 19:28 Part of me feels like in a way we just got the same legends as other shows like this. Could we just stop having DX in its entirety at every single thousandth/hundredth show and so on already? Scott Hall and Steve Austin and The APA as well. Fuck lol.
we actually got worse legends this time IMO, look at the people at the 15th annyversary or RAW1000 and both look more 'legendary'

I don't read remember the comparisons and contrast between them lol. Are these like the only dudes actually on good standing still?

And WHERE was Lita?

Fuckin' Maria was up there but not her?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 24th, '18, 00:07

I watched on Hulu as well, so I'm with Dozer. I don't feel like I missed much. I get that we're fans, and we like to bitch, but this was god awful, but again I watched the Hulu version so if I'm bitching about stuff that got cut, please correct me...

-I'm interested to see the ratings on this, but I'm sure A LOT of people tuned in to this (like Joker), and I don't feel like they did a whole lot to get those people to come back next week. They didn't sell the current product, they didn't sell the Rumble, they didn't even try to sell Smackdown for the next night where they could have attempted to recover those things.

-I forget who said it, but ENOUGH of the fucking DX reunions! It's 25 YEARS of Raw! I'd rather see 123 Kid, Razor Ramon, The Heart Break Kid, and The Connecticut Blue Blood. Let the NAO cover the DX shit for the thousandth time, and give us that have been here for 25 years some real nostalgia. They were well out of the Manhattan Center by the time DX came around, it just seemed out of place to begin with. Especially with Hall joining them and no mention of Nash. I can't be the only one that was waiting on him...

-With no Rock, did they seriously book Steve Austin and not let him talk!? I could understand if The Rock was there, but the show needed a voice from that era. Undertaker's never been good at promos, so his doesn't count, it didn't even make sense. Grrrrrgrumblegrumble, sacred ground, grrrrrrrrrrgrumblegrumble, rest.......... in......................................................................................................................................................................PEACE, grumblesnort. The announcers tried to sell it as scary? What!? It was a stupid old man giving them an excuse to say "SEE guys!? This is why we write you scripts. That bullshit just cost us 10k..."

-Not nececarilly a gripe with the show, but it did occur to me DURING the show, that Jim Ross got fired for not controlling Ric Flair during a convention or whatever, but Ric Flair still gets to come back all the time. I'd rather have JR...

-I feel like they could have done WAY MORE with far less. For what they spent bringing in the divas that weren't there already (McCool and Maryse), we only really wanted to see Trish and Lita. They could have brought in Too Cool and Rakishi, Perry Saturn and Moppy, Charlie Haas, The Insane Clown Posse, Ahmed Johnson, and maybe even Al Snow. Sure, Terri Runnels is still as hot as she was 20 years ago, but that's really weird and I'd prefer to avoid it.

-Did they mention The Rock, Nash, and Foley being absent? Those were the three that struck me. I didn't think about Brett Hart till later, or Ken Shamrock until just now. Shamrock pissed them off somehow I think...

-Cero, if you weren't going to write the review, you really could have gotten in the true 25 Years of Raw spirit and made arrangements for Rabid619 or Khali's ghost to fill in...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '18, 09:18

That's what I was thinking lol, WHERE was Kevin Nash?!? I know for a fact that Scott Hall's theme had a car crash at the beginning like Foley's lol also so I legitimately expected him to be on the way. I'm the one that mentioned DX being there , AGAIN, LIKE ALWAYS, AT EVERY SINGLE BIG SHOW. Again, you noticed Lita wasn't among those women right? I kind of expected Eve Torres over Maria, but you could tell she was genuinely excited to be there in that situation so whatever.

Were Nikki and Bri there as advertised actually?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 24th, '18, 09:55

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 24th, '18, 09:18 That's what I was thinking lol, WHERE was Kevin Nash?!? I know for a fact that Scott Hall's theme had a car crash at the beginning like Foley's lol also so I legitimately expected him to be on the way. I'm the one that mentioned DX being there , AGAIN, LIKE ALWAYS, AT EVERY SINGLE BIG SHOW. Again, you noticed Lita wasn't among those women right? I kind of expected Eve Torres over Maria, but you could tell she was genuinely excited to be there in that situation so whatever.

Were Nikki and Bri there as advertised actually?

And WHERE was Lita?

Fuckin' Maria was up there but not her?
Kevin Nash had surgery like less than a month ago, he can't walk. Where was Big Show tho?

Nikki and Brie were there. Lita for some reason wasn't invited, idk what happened there.

Maria IS on the roster, she is actually getting a monthly paycheck, so she can be there

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 24th, '18, 09:58

Bob-O wrote: Jan 24th, '18, 00:07
-Did they mention The Rock, Nash, and Foley being absent? Those were the three that struck me. I didn't think about Brett Hart till later, or Ken Shamrock until just now. Shamrock pissed them off somehow I think...
Rock is filming i think, Nash had surgery about a month ago on his knee, and Foley had another excuse,
don't remember what. Bret Hart had to meet his european doctor for his fucked up wrist. Shamrock for some reason is banned from being close to WWE.

-Cero, if you weren't going to write the review, you really could have gotten in the true 25 Years of Raw spirit and made arrangements for Rabid619 or Khali's ghost to fill in...
good ol' obsessedwithwrestling nostalgia

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '18, 10:11

I've seen women I didn't think about mentioned... where was Staci and Sable? Ivory and Molly? Victoria?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 24th, '18, 10:29

none of them were, Sable is the weird one because Lesnar was there, but I think she would had outshone Trish and Trish was supposed to be the big deal. Victoria i suspect she may be returning during the rumble, so they may have kept her hidden, and Ivory is rumored to go into the hall of fame, so i'm guessing she was also kept hidden.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '18, 17:21

cero2k wrote: Jan 24th, '18, 10:29 none of them were, Sable is the weird one because Lesnar was there, but I think she would had outshone Trish and Trish was supposed to be the big deal. Victoria i suspect she may be returning during the rumble, so they may have kept her hidden, and Ivory is rumored to go into the hall of fame, so i'm guessing she was also kept hidden.
From what I gather, Sable has no real desire to come back, even for something like this.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 25th, '18, 08:19

cero2k wrote: Jan 24th, '18, 10:29 none of them were, Sable is the weird one because Lesnar was there, but I think she would had outshone Trish and Trish was supposed to be the big deal. Victoria i suspect she may be returning during the rumble, so they may have kept her hidden, and Ivory is rumored to go into the hall of fame, so i'm guessing she was also kept hidden.
For real? I'd flip that, personally. Nothing against Ivory, but she never carried the division. I don't feel like Victoria gets enough credit.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 25th, '18, 09:42

Bob-O wrote: Jan 25th, '18, 08:19
For real? I'd flip that, personally. Nothing against Ivory, but she never carried the division. I don't feel like Victoria gets enough credit.
I'm guessing they want to take advantage that Victoria can still go while Ivory won't. It's easier to save Victoria to next year or two