BRM Reviews the 3/7/2011 Raw (how to lose all of your heat)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/7/2011 Raw (how to lose all of your heat)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '11, 12:54

TAKER PROMO- Good. This match will kick ass!

NEXUS-ORTON STUFF- Great… until Orton won! WTF? You have to let the heels have something! Randy beat them fair and square last week, so this week Punk comes up with a dastardly plan… but there is no heat if Randy always comes out on top!

Why is Christian allowed to be here? Or Del Rio? Or Brodus Clay?

CHRISTIAN vs. BRODUS CLAY (w/Alberto Del Rio)- 4.5/10. Pretty good for a three minute match. Clay looked very good. But why the hell is this on Raw?

SIN CARA HYPE- Great.

WWE DIVAS TITLE MATCH: Eve Torres(c) (w/Gail Kim) vs. Nikki Bella (w/Brie Bella)- 3.5/10 I really hated the thing with Cole, because he is doing exactly what he called Lawler out for doing. I know that this is the point, but it is stupid.

COLE’s SGR- WTF, COLE? Why are you giving away the surpri-THAT WAS AWESOME! I popped HUGE for JBL! JBL’S PROMO WAS AWESOME! He is an AMAZING HEEL!

AUSTIN STUFF- The return was good, as was Cole’s reaction, but everything else was bad. The stip of the match was that COLE GETS TO PICK the Special Guest Ref. The contract is irrelevant. It is COLE’S CHOICE that matters. Also, why does Lawler need a babyface referee to cheat to beat up Michael Cole? It is better if he has to overcome the odds to do it! The question the match should make us ask is “will Lawler be able to do this?” Not “okay. How much longer until Austin gives Cole a stunner?”
And even worse… all of this crap just KILLED ALL OF THE HEAT ON COLE! MONTHS of work UNDONE by the desire for a stupid pop from Stone Cold. If there is any babyface who should be helping Lawler here, it is Dragon, who also has a score to settle with Cole.

SHEAMUS vs. DANIEL BRYAN- Crappy, quick count-out. At least it will lead to something. Then again, taking pages out of the TNA playbook isn’t a good idea, and WWE has now done this TWICE this week (the Jersey Shore involvement, and now the random title vs. career match).

CM PUNK vs. R-TRUTH- 3.5/10. Too damn short

Dolph and Vickie are now on Raw, taking yet another heel away from Smackdown. I think that Del Rio and Barrett are the only ones left!

DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. JOHN MORRISON- 4.5/10. Not enough time! Vicky will be wrestling Trish for a job next week. As a huge Trish fan… I don’t care.

The fact that they didn’t bleep out the word “bitch” on the replay hints at loosening of PG restrictions.

CENA PROMO- AWESOME! I am firmly in the Cena camp in this one.
AND MIZ STEALS THE HEAT! PERFECT!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 3/7/2011 Raw (how to lose all of your he

Post by cero2k » Mar 9th, '11, 13:48

Big Red Machine wrote:TAKER PROMO- Good. This match will kick a**!
i'm probably overseeing things, but the video Taker showed was really heel-like, just showing over and over what Taker did.
Big Red Machine wrote: CHRISTIAN vs. BRODUS CLAY (w/Alberto Del Rio)- 4.5/10. Pretty good for a three minute match. Clay looked very good. But why the hell is this on Raw?
not sure if i missed anything, but why is Clay allowed to fight if he didn't get the NXT win, and why would Del Rio keep him around??
Big Red Machine wrote: SIN CARA HYPE- Great.
nice to see he may be keeping the Mistica
Big Red Machine wrote: COLE’s SGR- WTF, COLE? Why are you giving away the surpri-THAT WAS AWESOME! I popped HUGE for JBL! JBL’S PROMO WAS AWESOME! He is an AMAZING HEEL!
personally, i hated that Cole interrupted the divas match, it doesn't really create as much heat of interrupting the divas because no one really cares about them enough, but it does kinda hurt to know that they're the ones that would get booked to be interrupted. particularly during a divas title match.
Big Red Machine wrote: Dolph and Vickie are now on Raw, taking yet another heel away from Smackdown. I think that Del Rio and Barrett are the only ones left!
McIntyre could benefit from this.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '11, 16:28

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: CHRISTIAN vs. BRODUS CLAY (w/Alberto Del Rio)- 4.5/10. Pretty good for a three minute match. Clay looked very good. But why the hell is this on Raw?
not sure if i missed anything, but why is Clay allowed to fight if he didn't get the NXT win, and why would Del Rio keep him around??
I honestly didn't know that NXT 4 was over.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 9th, '11, 19:14

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
I honestly didn't know that NXT 4 was over.
yeah, Rtruth's guy won

Codebreaker

Post by Codebreaker » Mar 13th, '11, 16:34

I was more excited about JBL's return than Austin's. I haven't been excited for an Austin return for over 3 years.

Surely there must be a part for JBL to play in WWE somewhere in the future? He's too good on the mic to ignore and he can draw heat easily. Maybe he could come back as a leader of a stable and he will serve better if he rarely wrestles, maybe being called on if the existence of the stable is being threatened. I say this with his last stint in mind.

If not this, then as a GM or commentator.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 14th, '11, 11:26

Codebreaker wrote:I was more excited about JBL's return than Austin's. I haven't been excited for an Austin return for over 3 years.

Surely there must be a part for JBL to play in WWE somewhere in the future? He's too good on the mic to ignore and he can draw heat easily. Maybe he could come back as a leader of a stable and he will serve better if he rarely wrestles, maybe being called on if the existence of the stable is being threatened. I say this with his last stint in mind.

If not this, then as a GM or commentator.
This

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 14th, '11, 11:42

The Awesome One wrote:JBL is a great commentator. I'm surprised the WWE haven't snatched him up to do commenate on matches each week yet.
Sounds like he's got other things on his plate.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 14th, '11, 12:03

I totally disagree about Cena's promo; I thought it blew BIG TIME, esp compared to the first one he did on the Rock AND both of Rock's promos.

And I didn't feel like Miz stole any of the heat; he never shows anyone up or does anything that seems to have any impact. No one ever really cares what the Miz does so long as he doesn't do it to them; anybody can take him one on one, he's that kinda guy....