Site Admin

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom XI Results

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '17, 09:38

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom XI
January 4th, 2017
Tokyo Dome

Michael Elgin won the New Japan Rumble

Tiger Mask W defeated Tiger the Dark

Roppongi Vice defeated The Young Bucks for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Gauntlet Match for NEVER Six-Man Tag Team Championship: EVIL, BUSHI and SANADA defeated Ricochet/Satoshi Kojima, David Finlay and Bad Luck Fale/Yujiro Takahashi/Hangman Page

Cody defeated Juice Robinson

Adam Cole defeated Kyle O’Reilly to win the Ring of Honor World Championship

Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii defeated Guerillas of Destiny and Great Bash Heel to win the IWGP Tag Team Championship

Hiromu Takahashi defeated KUSHIDA to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Hirooki Goto defeated Katsuyori Shibata to win the NEVER Openweight Championship

Tetsuya Naito defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Kazuchika Okada defeated Kenny Omega to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom XI Results

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '17, 09:38

not sure how to feel about so many title changes, but not the one I really really wanted

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '17, 20:26

cero2k wrote:not sure how to feel about so many title changes, but not the one I really really wanted
I was fine with all of them aside from the ROH World Title change. I definitely agree that Omega should have won. It's going to be hard to rebuild him after this, IMO. Having him follow the same pattern as Naito last year would be a bad idea.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '17, 20:56

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:not sure how to feel about so many title changes, but not the one I really really wanted
I was fine with all of them aside from the ROH World Title change. I definitely agree that Omega should have won. It's going to be hard to rebuild him after this, IMO. Having him follow the same pattern as Naito last year would be a bad idea.
i take it KOR is gone from ROH soon, and here i thought Cole would leave before

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '17, 21:00

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
i take it KOR is gone from ROH soon, and here i thought Cole would leave before
Not sure if Kyle is gone, but after this I wouldn't blame him, since people are reporting that although Kyle isn't signed yet, this was the plan the whole time, whether he was signed by this point or not, which is just completely moronic.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '17, 21:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Not sure if Kyle is gone, but after this I wouldn't blame him, since people are reporting that although Kyle isn't signed yet, this was the plan the whole time, whether he was signed by this point or not, which is just completely moronic.
hadn't seen anything about this being the plan, i figured they took the title off him because he wasn't signing.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '17, 21:28

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Not sure if Kyle is gone, but after this I wouldn't blame him, since people are reporting that although Kyle isn't signed yet, this was the plan the whole time, whether he was signed by this point or not, which is just completely moronic.
hadn't seen anything about this being the plan, i figured they took the title off him because he wasn't signing.
Either way it's wrong. If you didn't want the belt on a guy who might not be signed then you should have insisted on Kyle signing a contract before you would put a belt on him. And I find it pretty hard to believe that Kyle wouldn't be willing to sign a three-month extension just to carry him through to the next PPV.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation