Warning: Spoilers Inside
cero2k
Site Admin

ROH Global Wars 2016 Results: Jay Lethal vs. Colt Cabana

Post by cero2k » May 9th, '16, 09:44

source: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh ... ars-212441

ROH TV Title No 1 Contendership Match
Dalton Castle def Roderick Strong, Adam Page, and ACH
- After the match, Strong got mad saying that he's the best wrestler in the company and had the TV title shot.

Cheeseburger and Jyushin Liger def The Addiction
- After the match, Daniels and Kazarian laid out Cheesebuger as Daniels gave him a low blow. They used the Best Meltzer Ever after the match, which is a combination tombstone piledriver and Daniels coming off the top rope onto him.

ROH Tag Team Titles Match
War Machine (C) def The Briscoes

Tetsuya Naito def Kyle O'Reilly

Kazuchika Okada and Moose def Hiroshi Tanahashi and Michael Elgin

ROH TV Title Match
Bobby Fish def Tomohiro Ishii (C)

Young Bucks and Los Guerrillas of Destiny def Kushida, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and Matt Sydal

They had a confrontation at the desk with Mr. Wrestling III and B.J. Whitmer, who came out wearing a Masked Superstar mask since Superstar was a big rival of Wrestling II. Whitmer handed him a flash drive and told him to go to his hotel room and watch what's on it after the show -- clearly the next stage in the Corino vs. Whitmer feud.

ROH World Title Match
Jay Lethal and Colt Cabana fought to a No Contest

They were out there having a good match. Cabana was really over with the crowd, being it was in Chicago. Taeler Hendrix interfered and Nigel McGuinness and ref Todd Sinclair ejected her, McGuiness dragging her to the back. Cabana had Lethal in the Billy Goat's Curse when Hendrix came back out and dragged Sinclair out of the ring. The Bucks came out, seemingly to superkick Hendrix for interfering, but she moved and they nailed Sinclair. But then they nailed Hendrix anyway.

The Bucks had two Bullet Club shirts and gave them to Lethal and Cabana. Then the lights went out. Adam Cole was in the ring with a Bullet Club shirt when they came on and they all superkicked Lethal and Cabana and a million security guards. Everyone was superkicking everyone, including Kevin Kelly, Mr. Wrestling III, a camera man and even Mr. Massie (the Bucks' father). He jumped in the ring and they stopped Cole from superkicking him, but then they superkicked him.

Tonga & Loa spray painted BC on a table and Loa powerbombed a security guard through the table. This was all very reminiscent of an NWO-era Nitro show. The crowd kind of booed them as it was designed as a heel turn. They put zip ties on Lethal, and Cole kept superkicking him. Cole grabbed the belt, clearly teasing the idea that Cole was going after the title next.

At another point, after they took out the announcers, Matt got on the headset and pretended to be Jim Ross doing "This man has a family" and "stomping a mudhole" and called Nick "King." So, the show ended with a ring and floor with more than a dozen people laid out and the Bucks, Cole, Tonga, and Loa left standing.

Big Red Machine

Re: ROH Global Wars 2016 Results: Jay Lethal vs. Colt Cabana

Post by Big Red Machine » May 9th, '16, 20:03

F*ck this company!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 9th, '16, 20:54

Big Red Machine wrote:F*ck this company!
lol, wait til you see the deadborn results, I just facepalmed

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 9th, '16, 22:06

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:F*ck this company!
lol, wait til you see the deadborn results, I just facepalmed
Already saw them. ROH died when the Young Bucks signed their contracts. They flush everyone out the window for the sake of getting pops for the Bucks and/or Bullet Club.
This is the stupidity of WCW meets the laziness of PWG. The worst of both worlds.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 10th, '16, 09:24

hey we're attacking ROH here, why do you need to bring out PWG?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 10th, '16, 09:53

cero2k wrote:hey we're attacking ROH here, why do you need to bring out PWG?
Because Cole & the Young Bucks as a unit are stale- and doubly so in show-ending segments where they superkick everybody. And ROH is basically copying that, sticking the stale Bullet Club name on it (and then adding in Russo-level lack of logic to boot). Do I blame PWG (or more specifically, the aspects of its booking and its fanbase) for the rise of the Young Bucks and basically everything I hate about current ROH? No. I blame Delirious for copying it in an environment where it doesn't fit. But it's important to point out that what ROH is doing here isn't new, and has, in fact, gone on in two separate other promotions in the past year, with the Young Bucks as a common element. Doing this makes ROH look third-rate because they are just recycling someone else's ideas.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 10th, '16, 10:25

Big Red Machine wrote:
Because Cole & the Young Bucks as a unit are stale- and doubly so in show-ending segments where they superkick everybody. And ROH is basically copying that, sticking the stale Bullet Club name on it (and then adding in Russo-level lack of logic to boot). Do I blame PWG (or more specifically, the aspects of its booking and its fanbase) for the rise of the Young Bucks and basically everything I hate about current ROH? No. I blame Delirious for copying it in an environment where it doesn't fit. But it's important to point out that what ROH is doing here isn't new, and has, in fact, gone on in two separate other promotions in the past year, with the Young Bucks as a common element. Doing this makes ROH look third-rate because they are just recycling someone else's ideas.
that exactly, you can't blame PWG or even call them lazy on it, they did something that worked wonders on their environment, hell, this is the only angle they run on an angleless promotion. This is what i found cheapest in the ROH angle, I don't have a problem with ROH pushing the Bullet Club, it's the hottest name out there and with all the work that WWE is doing, it makes sense to not let it get overshadowed, and I was really intrigued about a new member, and while Adam Cole makes perfect sense, when I saw it, first thing was "yeah, PWG did this 6 months ago", and "3 years ago"

ROH is getting really packed for their own good, they don't just have their 8 home teams and bunch of singles wrestlers, then they bring in bullet club, and RPG Vice, and Okada, and Tanahashi, and Ingobernables, etc etc

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 10th, '16, 11:00

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Because Cole & the Young Bucks as a unit are stale- and doubly so in show-ending segments where they superkick everybody. And ROH is basically copying that, sticking the stale Bullet Club name on it (and then adding in Russo-level lack of logic to boot). Do I blame PWG (or more specifically, the aspects of its booking and its fanbase that I don't like) for the rise of the Young Bucks and basically everything I hate about current ROH? No. I blame Delirious for copying it in an environment where it doesn't fit. But it's important to point out that what ROH is doing here isn't new, and has, in fact, gone on in two separate other promotions in the past year, with the Young Bucks as a common element. Doing this makes ROH look third-rate because they are just recycling someone else's ideas.
that exactly, you can't blame PWG or even call them lazy on it, they did something that worked wonders on their environment, hell, this is the only angle they run on an angleless promotion. This is what i found cheapest in the ROH angle, I don't have a problem with ROH pushing the Bullet Club, it's the hottest name out there and with all the work that WWE is doing, it makes sense to not let it get overshadowed, and I was really intrigued about a new member, and while Adam Cole makes perfect sense, when I saw it, first thing was "yeah, PWG did this 6 months ago", and "3 years ago"
Added in some words I should have added in earlier for the purposes of clarification. I am essentially in line with your thinking.
cero2k wrote: ROH is getting really packed for their own good, they don't just have their 8 home teams and bunch of singles wrestlers, then they bring in bullet club, and RPG Vice, and Okada, and Tanahashi, and Ingobernables, etc etc
Definitely agree.

Look at this show... and then realize that Taven is injured while ANX, Cedric, Rush, and Dijak all weren't booked.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation