WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Warning: Spoilers Inside
Post Reply
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15045
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '17, 10:42

Submitted by reader Ajm

To close out this week's international tour, the Raw roster was at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi, India for a house show today. Jinder Mahal, The Singh Brothers, Jeet Rama, and Kishan Raftar also appeared, with Mahal taking on Triple H in the main event.

- Some videos played on the screen before the show started, with the crowd popping for the "Woken" Matt Hardy scene from Raw and John Cena clips. Mike Rome was the host for the show and a recorded welcome video from Kurt Angle played.

- Finn Balor defeated Bray Wyatt

Balor got a tremendous pop despite some of the crowd not having reached their seats by the time this started. Wyatt got a huge pop as well, including everyone doing the fireflies bit for his entrance.

Wyatt stalled and escaped the ring a lot, then Balor got on the mic and told him to get back in. Balor eventually won with the Coup de Grace. This was a good opener with an invested crowd.

- Jeet Rama & Kishan Raftar defeated Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas

Rama and Raftar, who are Performance Center trainees from India, got a mild reaction. You could hear the crowd's disappointment when they realized The Miztourage were on the show instead of The Miz.

They had a pretty basic match with no heat until the last two minutes, with Raftar hitting a stunner and Rama using a German suplex throw into a half nelson for the pin. There was a mild pop for the finish.

- Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss defeated Sasha Banks to retain her title

Both got good reactions, and this was a solid match. There were dueling chants, but they seemed to be leaning towards Bliss. Banks used the Banks Statement at one point before Bliss got to the ropes. Bliss retained with a roll-up while grabbing the tights.

- Jason Jordan defeated Elias

Elias sang a song before this started, dissing India and getting tremendous heat. Jordan got a big pop when his entrance theme interrupted him. There were "Who's your daddy?" chants directed at Jordan, along with "Elias sucks" chants for Elias. Jordan also got some Kurt Angle-style "You suck" chants.

Elias targeted Jordan's arm before working on his knee, then Jordan won with a roll-up. That was a flat ending to a match that was slowly becoming good.

- The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose) defeated Samoa Joe, Cesaro & Sheamus

Indian actor Varun Dhawan was the celebrity ring announcer. Joe got a great reaction, Cesaro and Sheamus got a good one, and The Shield got the biggest of the show thus far. There were chants for The Shield all around.

The match had lots of fast action. Joe was cheered but Cesaro and Sheamus were booed, with the crowd telling Sheamus he looks stupid. The audience chanted that they wanted Reigns, though there were some dueling chants.

Rollins "hulked up" at one point, hitting a big boot and leg drop. That caused the people to chant for Hulk Hogan. Reigns got a huge pop when he finally tagged in. Rollins and Ambrose hit their finishers on Sheamus, Reigns hit a spear on Joe, and they used The Shield powerbomb on Cesaro for the finish. There was a great response for the finish at the end of a great match. It also got lots of "This is awesome" chants.

- Apollo Crews & Titus O'Neil defeated Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

The audience was disinterested during their entrances. The match was pretty basic and the crowd was dead for it, with them only responding to Crews' big spots and the finish. O'Neil pinned Anderson after hitting the Clash of the Titus.

- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore defeated Kalisto to retain his title

Everyone did Amore's shtick until he turned on them and said India sucks. Kalisto got a nice response, including everyone doing the "Lucha" chant.

Kalisto put on Amore's wig merchandise to mock him. There was lots of stalling, but the crowd enjoyed it. For the finish, Amore distracted the referee, poked Kalisto in the eye, and hit Eat Defeat.

- Braun Strowman defeated Kane by DQ

Both got huge pops. The match was short and lame until the disqualification. They threw each other into the steps, with Kane about to hit Strowman with them and get disqualified before he stopped. Kane got out a table and hit Strowman with a chair for the DQ.

They had a brawl that ended with Strowman powerslamming Kane through the table. The crowd loved the brawl despite there not being much to the match.

- Triple H defeated Jinder Mahal (w/ The Singh Brothers)

The Singh Brothers came out to a good reaction and introduced Mahal. There was a huge pop for Mahal, with him wearing a custom robe that was designed by Narendra Kumar (who is famous in India). Triple H got an enormous pop, even bigger than the one Mahal received. There were chants for him, though there was also a huge "CM Punk" chant for some reason after the ring introductions and before the bell rang.

There were dueling chants for Mahal and Triple H once the match started, but they were louder for Triple H. He bumped around at the start before both did headlocks for a few minutes. The match picked up from there, with them trading strikes and Mahal giving Triple H the Figure Four leglock. There were "This is awesome" chants for the match at this point.

Triple H attacked The Singh Brothers during a brawl at ringside. People were going crazy and there were lots of good exchanges in the ring. Triple H hit the Pedigree, but Mahal kicked out. They fought outside before coming back in. Mahal hit a superkick, but Triple H used another Pedigree to win.

This was below the Mahal vs. AJ Styles title match, but it was better than all of Mahal's matches against Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura. It went over 20 minutes and both put in a damn good effort.

After the match, Triple H got on the mic and called Mahal back into the ring. He said Mahal has many critics and haters with no reason to hate, but he has earned Triple H's respect and India is in good hands with him. They shook hands and Triple H raised Mahal's arm.

Mahal thanked Triple H, then Triple H got him and the Singhs to dance. They danced to Mahal's theme for a few minutes until they finally got Triple H to join in, which got a huge pop. Triple H ended it by hitting a Pedigree on one of the Singhs and smiling as he headed to the back. Mahal thanked everyone in Hindi to close the show.


Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19013
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '17, 15:46

Hunter beat Jinder in the main event of WWE's only show in India. Huh. I really shouldn't be surprised, but I am.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15045
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '17, 15:56

this was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and it seriously annoyed the fuck out of me. Fucking Hunter really thinks he's the "King of Kings"

Image
Image

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 570
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Tyler Bate

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by XIV » Dec 11th, '17, 04:57

cero2k wrote:
Dec 10th, '17, 15:56
this was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and it seriously annoyed the fuck out of me. Fucking Hunter really thinks he's the "King of Kings"

Image
WWE: "Hey India, here's the young(ish) star we've been building specifically for the India market. We're gonna have our Chief Exec who's a few years past his best who is focusing all his strength on finding and building new younger talent beat him clean in the main event...

P.S Fuck you"
"While you're looking at Bop, I'll hit you with Bang. You day see that coming"

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 19013
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 11th, '17, 12:07

XIV wrote:
Dec 11th, '17, 04:57
cero2k wrote:
Dec 10th, '17, 15:56
this was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and it seriously annoyed the fuck out of me. Fucking Hunter really thinks he's the "King of Kings"

Image
WWE: "Hey India, here's the young(ish) star we've been building specifically for the India market. We're gonna have our Chief Exec who's a few years past his best who is focusing all his strength on finding and building new younger talent beat him clean in the main event...

P.S Fuck you"
And the same executive just went to an Arab country and did a job for the Samoan guy who everyone hates, but we still decided it was necessary to have him beat the Indian guy in India, which is the only place he is popular.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 570
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Tyler Bate

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by XIV » Dec 16th, '17, 05:33

Big Red Machine wrote:
Dec 11th, '17, 12:07
XIV wrote:
Dec 11th, '17, 04:57
cero2k wrote:
Dec 10th, '17, 15:56
this was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and it seriously annoyed the fuck out of me. Fucking Hunter really thinks he's the "King of Kings"

Image
WWE: "Hey India, here's the young(ish) star we've been building specifically for the India market. We're gonna have our Chief Exec who's a few years past his best who is focusing all his strength on finding and building new younger talent beat him clean in the main event...

P.S Fuck you"
And the same executive just went to an Arab country and did a job for the Samoan guy who everyone hates, but we still decided it was necessary to have him beat the Indian guy in India, which is the only place he is popular.
Wasn't even done for heat. Triple H gains nothing from a win here. It does alot for Jinder in India though. Still a head scratcher.
"While you're looking at Bop, I'll hit you with Bang. You day see that coming"

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 15045
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by cero2k » Dec 16th, '17, 12:54

it's even worse because the original plan was for Mahal vs Owens with Mahal defeating AND defending the title against Owens. So originally, Mahal was supposed to go in as babyface and win, and yet, Hunter forced himself into the match, forced Mahal to be a heel, and even went over.

And it's not like Hunter doesn't do jobs because he was pinned cleaned by Reigns the night before
Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 1937
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '17, 07:35

cero2k wrote:
Dec 16th, '17, 12:54
it's even worse because the original plan was for Mahal vs Owens with Mahal defeating AND defending the title against Owens. So originally, Mahal was supposed to go in as babyface and win, and yet, Hunter forced himself into the match, forced Mahal to be a heel, and even went over.

And it's not like Hunter doesn't do jobs because he was pinned cleaned by Reigns the night before
Yeah, but TWO jobs in a row!? The King of Kings doesn't go on losing streaks.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 3605
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: WWE New Delhi, India, live results: Triple H defeats Jinder Mahal

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 27th, '17, 09:29

Like Mahal shouldn't have lost anyways? Please lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests