General Non Kayfabe Discussion

World Wrestling Revolution
kirbs2002

Re: General Non Kayfabe Discussion

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '14, 16:13

Bob-O wrote:I never did WWR, if it's going to be anything like that somebody's going to have to tell me how it works...
How it worked was that the people involved would cooperate in writing the match and finish. This is a bit arduous and time consuming (sometimes to the point of shows and PPVs taking multiple weeks, occasionally a month) so if this is revived I'd be for simplifying it.

I remember seeing in the EWA section an idea where instead of writing out the whole match--which is a bit ridiculous for a midcard match--the writers would instead do an abridged version of the match, covering highspots and finish.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '14, 16:20

cero2k wrote:if there is interest right now, why not just start something new and fresh, bring in whatever characters exist already into the mix, and instead of doing it like a two companies merging, just do it like a new promotion comes out and snatches a bunch of talent from everywhere.
This would probably be a better course. I'd be for it.

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 12th, '14, 16:38

kirbs2002 wrote:
Bob-O wrote:I never did WWR, if it's going to be anything like that somebody's going to have to tell me how it works...
How it worked was that the people involved would cooperate in writing the match and finish. This is a bit arduous and time consuming (sometimes to the point of shows and PPVs taking multiple weeks, occasionally a month) so if this is revived I'd be for simplifying it.

I remember seeing in the EWA section an idea where instead of writing out the whole match--which is a bit ridiculous for a midcard match--the writers would instead do an abridged version of the match, covering highspots and finish.
I would like something where we post the card; and people are allowed to pick a match to write within a deadline. If they don't finish that deadline, then there'll be a result put there instead of a full-length match.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '14, 16:44

Chris Everlast wrote:
I would like something where we post the card; and people are allowed to pick a match to write within a deadline. If they don't finish that deadline, then there'll be a result put there instead of a full-length match.
That could work too. I was thinking of something a bit more diplomatic. :p

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 12th, '14, 16:55

kirbs2002 wrote:
We all love diplomacy. I'd just like something that allows for both alternatives, but with less of the bullshitting and waiting around. :D

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '14, 17:32

Chris Everlast wrote:
kirbs2002 wrote:
We all love diplomacy. I'd just like something that allows for both alternatives, but with less of the bullshitting and waiting around. :D
Maybe do a bit of both?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '14, 17:34

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:TBH, the main reason I really want to continue with the EWA from where it was is because I had plans for SO MANY angles that never saw the light of day (or at least only started to). Storyteller's ego definitely plays a part in it, but I also think it is just easier to start while already having plans and a clear direction in place.
are those angles not easily transitioned into a new group?
Not really, simply because a lot of the groundwork has already been set, and thus having to do it over again would feel like... well... the same thing all over again.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '14, 17:38

kirbs2002 wrote:

Having tried to write out full cards, I heavily favor this "abridged" style, though I think that main events should be at least mostly written out
Chris Everlast wrote: I would like something where we post the card; and people are allowed to pick a match to write within a deadline. If they don't finish that deadline, then there'll be a result put there instead of a full-length match.
This is pretty much how things used to work backstage in the EWA. We came up with a card and then asked who wanted to write which match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '14, 17:45

Big Red Machine wrote:Having tried to write out full cards, I heavily favor this "abridged" style, though I think that main events should be at least mostly written out
I figured that was a given

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 13th, '14, 18:40

So anyone know when Dozerman is finishing? Do we even need it to be finished to continue on with EWA's current shtick?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '14, 19:33

Chris Everlast wrote:So anyone know when Dozerman is finishing? Do we even need it to be finished to continue on with EWA's current shtick?
Do we need it finished first? No. But having a final WWR show was also intended to give us some time to figure out how and when to work the WWR guys in.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 13th, '14, 19:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Do we need it finished first? No. But having a final WWR show was also intended to give us some time to figure out how and when to work the WWR guys in.
Does that mean the EWA needs to stop completely? I've seen how it went the last time Dozer promised to deliver, so it might take a while. Why not work on the next EWA show? The WWR guys doesn't need to come in until we want them to.

By the way, what guys are we bringing in?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '14, 19:47

Chris Everlast wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Do we need it finished first? No. But having a final WWR show was also intended to give us some time to figure out how and when to work the WWR guys in.
Does that mean the EWA needs to stop completely?
I've seen how it went the last time Dozer promised to deliver, so it might take a while.
Oh. You mean this gem?
KILLdozer wrote:I got high as hell and instead of finding inspiration ...I found out I didn't feel like it :p
Chris Everlast wrote: Why not work on the next EWA show? The WWR guys doesn't need to come in until we want them to.
Mostly true, though the EWA will have a tournament coming up I'd like some of them in, and also there is a match to crown an undercard champion scheduled for the next show that could fit some of them in.

Actually, a big part of the reason for not working on that show is that we couldn't come up with a name for the title.

And, TBH, another big part of it is that I am very disappointed by how far behind I got on my on-going WWE fantasy booking, so I've been putting all of by effort into that.
Chris Everlast wrote: By the way, what guys are we bringing in?
Don't remember. We'll need to look over the roster again and look over the EWA plans and the WWR angles at the time and figure it out again.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 13th, '14, 23:50

Well, Everlast, you and I could work out a final WWR show if you're up for it. I'm sure I could dig some stuff out of my creativity for it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 14th, '14, 00:01

kirbs2002 wrote: I'm sure I could dig some stuff out of my creativity for it.
Speaking of other people's creativity... I'm going to need to a lot of help on this. Most of my creative juices are focused on my WWE Fantasy booking, so aside from stuff I already have laid out, I wouldn't expect too much from me in terms of ideas. Others will definitely need to be powering the more creative parts of the booking process.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 14th, '14, 00:05

I don't know that I could be a regular writer, but I think I have some good ideas.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 14th, '14, 01:57

What a surprise to see this all here. Anyways, whoever wants the card that's planned , can have it through pm. Evrrything is still set, and in store. In fact, first two segments are done. Get in touch and ì can save a lot of trouble and time. Point blank, ì endulged way back and didnt feel like working. It was supposed to be, get ripped and fly through writing.but no, opposite effect. Im more busy now obviously, and maybe the idea of writing it all myself got daunting.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 14th, '14, 02:04

You know what? Lets get it all started. Introduction and hype on commentary coming now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 14th, '14, 02:14

Pretty sure some modifications were made here regarding the finalized set card seeing ad its been altered in the segmento compared to what ì have originally. So, I'm gonna do two things at once: post my original here, letting BRM get a fresh look at it to cross reference things, and that way things that need to be looked at or opinion based upon things can be given. Only right. Worth mentioning most every wrestler was penciled in.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 14th, '14, 03:59

I guess I could give it one more go.

Anyone else in?