BOTB: Gettin' Real, Real Quick...

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
Bob-O

BOTB: Gettin' Real, Real Quick...

Post by Bob-O » Apr 25th, '12, 08:30

We all love a good shoot promo. But, what about when things go off script IN the ring?

My ABSOLUTE favorite is from a match between The Great Sasuke and a scrub whom I believe to be named The Dirtbike Kid. He wasn't letting Sasuke get any offense in, so Sasuke took matters into his own hands - which was especially cool because this kid was three times Sasuke's size. Bonus points to ANYONE who could dig this up for me, I can't find it ANYWHERE!

In the meantime, here's Great Antonio vs Antonio Inoki. The fun starts around 4:21 if you don't want to sit through the whole match. It's mostly just Great Antonio no selling.
[youtube][/youtube]

Big Red Machine

Re: BOTB: Gettin' Real, Real Quick...

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '12, 09:00

None. I absolutely despise things like these. People shooting on each other in the ring honestly pisses me off. This is the reason that I have no respect for New Jack.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 25th, '12, 09:48

dang, inoki killed that dude.

I'd like to add the ECW One Night Stand final brawl. JBL vs Blue Meanie. Hero vs Kingston in a PWG (can't remember the name) show

RedSon

Post by RedSon » May 1st, '12, 21:20

lesnar vs holly is the only i can think right now
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » May 2nd, '12, 18:05

Joey Styles on Mike Awesome at ONS 2005. He really ripped into him and got VERY passionate about it.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 30th, '12, 15:51

Go to 2:15. Perry Saturn losing his shit
[youtube][/youtube]

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Aug 30th, '12, 18:59

Four words: White Lion Mike Levy.

[youtube][/youtube]
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '12, 08:17

Puder and Angle comes to mind...Will think of more later,or at least try to.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '12, 08:21

I remember this other time this fool wouldn't jump for the Big Show Chokeslam...Needless to say he didn't have much choice in the matter.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 31st, '12, 10:10

yourcrapsweak wrote:Four words: White Lion Mike Levy.

[youtube][/youtube]
i remember this. not a single time i stopped saying 'what the fuck'

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 31st, '12, 12:57

cero2k wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
i remember this. not a single time i stopped saying 'what the f**k'
WTF was supposed to be going on there? Youd think she got dumped and was bitter lol.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Aug 31st, '12, 14:51

KILLdozer wrote:
cero2k wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
i remember this. not a single time i stopped saying 'what the f**k'
WTF was supposed to be going on there? Youd think she got dumped and was bitter lol.
Mike Levy was an "internet star" who can't wrestle for sh*t. He went up to Ian Rotten and felt he deserved a chance in the King of the Deathmatch Tournament because of his "fame" on the internet doing "deathmatches." Ian, obviously feeling disrespected because the kid was probably disrespectful and isn't a real pro wrestler, went out of his way to teach the kid a lesson. Also, Levy no selling Mickie's offense during the match didn't help matters.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Sep 1st, '12, 09:38

Dunno if this counts but i bet Joey Styles regrets saying it

[youtube][/youtube]

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 5th, '12, 12:32

From the Michinoku Pro Mask Tournament 1999

"Dirtbike kid was booked to job to The Great Sasuke in the opening round, and threw a hissy fit. After his entrance, he unmasked himself in the middle of the ring, completely making GBS threads on the whole concept of the tournament, in the opening match. Dirtbike Kid was told that Sasuke's first spin-kick would be the finisher, but even though Sasuke is shooting on him, he no-sells it, and the referee stops the match to try and avoid Sasuke literally killing the guy."
[youtube][/youtube]

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 5th, '12, 22:03

cero2k wrote:From the Michinoku Pro Mask Tournament 1999

"Dirtbike kid was booked to job to The Great Sasuke in the opening round, and threw a hissy fit. After his entrance, he unmasked himself in the middle of the ring, completely making GBS threads on the whole concept of the tournament, in the opening match. Dirtbike Kid was told that Sasuke's first spin-kick would be the finisher, but even though Sasuke is shooting on him, he no-sells it, and the referee stops the match to try and avoid Sasuke literally killing the guy."
[youtube][/youtube]
Wow!
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 6th, '12, 11:29

yourcrapsweak wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
Mike Levy was an "internet star" who can't wrestle for sh*t. He went up to Ian Rotten and felt he deserved a chance in the King of the Deathmatch Tournament because of his "fame" on the internet doing "deathmatches." Ian, obviously feeling disrespected because the kid was probably disrespectful and isn't a real pro wrestler, went out of his way to teach the kid a lesson. Also, Levy no selling Mickie's offense during the match didn't help matters.
OH COME ON! Weren't you the one who came down so hard on Davey RIchards for "taking the business too seriously?" How the f*ck can you justify this? Ian was a moron for booking a wrestler with little to no training, and little to no regard for his opponent's safety. Surely Ian, a trained deathmatch "wrestler" would have been able to tell this is he did some f*cking research on the guy first (apparently the CZW and IWA-MS fans were sh*tting on him for months before this).

Anyway, Ian puts a basically untrained jackass with no regard for anyone's safety in a match against his protege... and wouldn't you know it, his protege winds up getting hurt? NO! Who could have seen that coming?

If TNA was interested in Knuckles and Ian thought that a facial injury might hurt her chances... DON'T PUT HER AGAINST AN UNTRAINED WRESTLER (or, even more sensibly, don't book her in a death match tournament).

Then you have a LEGITIMATE ASSAULT on this poor idiot.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 6th, '12, 19:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
OH COME ON! Weren't you the one who came down so hard on Davey RIchards for "taking the business too seriously?" How the f*ck can you justify this? Ian was a moron for booking a wrestler with little to no training, and little to no regard for his opponent's safety. Surely Ian, a trained deathmatch "wrestler" would have been able to tell this is he did some f*cking research on the guy first (apparently the CZW and IWA-MS fans were sh*tting on him for months before this).

Anyway, Ian puts a basically untrained jackass with no regard for anyone's safety in a match against his protege... and wouldn't you know it, his protege winds up getting hurt? NO! Who could have seen that coming?

If TNA was interested in Knuckles and Ian thought that a facial injury might hurt her chances... DON'T PUT HER AGAINST AN UNTRAINED WRESTLER (or, even more sensibly, don't book her in a death match tournament).

Then you have a LEGITIMATE ASSAULT on this poor idiot.
I wasn't condoning their actions, I was telling Dozer what happened. I don't approve of what they did, in fact I thin it's kinda repulsive, albeit very funny.
-Kevin Steen

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 6th, '12, 19:45

cero2k wrote:From the Michinoku Pro Mask Tournament 1999

[youtube][/youtube]
:D You found it!!! This is the match I was talking about in the OP!

Interestingly enough, in my search for that vid, I found an interview with DBK at Wrestlezone getting his side:
Hidden text.
You lasted one night in the Michinoku Pro Wrestling's World Masked Man
tournament, could you explain to the fans what exactly happened there?

I am not 100% sure myself really, and don't think I'll ever really know the full-score. I understand that there was a lot of shit-stirring going on behind the scenes by some people, who I was eventually told by Phyllis Lee that it was the British guys on the tour that were creating trouble for me behind my back. I was unaware of this at the time.

I had jetted out to Japan with an injury that I received during the FWA No Surprises show, where I hurt my cartilage in my ribs. It wasn't that bad, and felt that I got wrestle with the injury. Somehow, this information had also gotten back to Sasuke after all the trouble had already put into motion.

My first match on the tour was scheduled to be against Sasuke, and it wasn't until the guys were warming up in the ring before the show started to open that I began to smell a rat, and a pretty big one. Sasuke had come up to me and basically told me that our match was only going to go five minutes. Now, straight away I wasn't happy, but I didn't show it. You see, none of this was agreed when I signed my contract, and apparently I heard that they didn't like me trying to negotiate with them. But hey, Michinoku or not, if the terms aren't right, I am not f**king going. I am not a wrestling prostitute.

Now, some of this needs to be brought up because the shit still smells from this incident, and I don't like it.

Sasuke said that I was going to dominate him for a while and then he would fight back in a real flurry, and spin-kick me for his big-quuuuuiiiicckk f**king submission finish. Well, I had apparently already pissed them off (sorry for swearing so much, but it just annoys me) because I refused to wear the stupid mask they had made for me. Now sorry, but the DBK isn't a masked wrestler, so why the f**k did they want me on a masked-man tournament. I managed to compromise with them, and say that I'd wear it to the ring only, and then rip it off, where I would wear the usual biking-face mask that I usually wear during my ring-entrance. They didn't like it, I could tell... but agreed to it.

Sasuke really didn't want to talk with me, so our match was not even 1% planned by the time we got to the ring; he obviously didn't offer me that kind of courtesy. When I got into the ring, I ripped my mask off and threw it at the ref, but not maliciously, just for show. Then Sasuke made his entrance, but I could tell once he was in there, that the atmosphere wasn't quite right. But, you know... I thought too myself that maybe it was just me being...me! lol

The match got under way, and everything seemed fine...although it felt strange because there was no...and I mean no resistance from him at all, he just did everything I wanted. I was still pretty pissed at the five minute thing, but inside my head agreed to do it as I wanted to be professional about it, as it was the first match of the tournament and to see how things progressed, and how the other guys faired against him (which I now know...was a loooooooot better than me). I just didn't want to go down to some lame arsed 20-second comeback that made me look like Mickey-mouse.

So, when he started to comeback, he kicked me twice to either side of my head which was ok, then 'wam!' he hit me with his trademark spin-kick, that should of put me down. But I didn't go down, because I didn't want too. He hit me hard in gut with the kick but I just stood there selling, so he did it again... 'WAM!'..But I still wouldn't go down. I mean Sasuke has to learn, that if you try and f**k one of your wrestlers, they can f**k you back, and I was being treated like shit from the start of the tour. Kick, kick, kick, WAM, WAM, WAM... he kept kicking me, but I just stood there, and took them all like a man, and believe me, he was shooting on me by then. Sabu had always taught me not to let myself be stomped on, and I adhered to his every word. He would have been proud.

But then the BIG ONE came, 'WAM' again. But this time his kick caught me right under my ribs, where my cartilage injury was, and I just fell like a chopped down tree, as all the air went out of my lungs in that 100 degree non-air condition hall. I knew I was seriously hurt, and just lay there as Sasuke, put the boot in (the f**king coward) and kicked me at least three times full-on in the face while I laid there, not being able to breath. I wanted to tell him, the ref, anybody...that I was hurt and to finish the match, but couldn't get any words out at all. The next thing I knew, Sasuke picked me up, and went for a submission finish (remember, he wanted a quick win over me!) and I let him do it, because I was gone, totally... and needed to get out. Only the arsehole, shot on me again and almost broke my neck, but I should have expected it.

Now, I knew my tour was finished, either through injury or the fact that my card was marked, but hey, I am a man, which is more than that p***k. It ended up full-circle more by luck than anything else on his part, and I tried to act professional from the fans perspective by offering my hand to Sasuke as he celebrated, even though I felt like s**t.

But Sasuke, just gave me a not very nice hand gesture...LOL

If Sasuke didn't like me, or had a problem with me then he should have been upfront about it, and said it to my face. Then, if he still wanted to punch me then we could of arranged a shoot, which at least would have give me some notice, instead of the sucker-punch he tried to line up for me. I killed his finish, but hey, he deserved it. It was only by my own misfortune that he still managed the quick win over me.

It wasn't until the next day before my next match at the arena, that I had to go to hospital, because I started to cough up blood. It was there, that they told me that I had to have a minimum of six weeks off wrestling as my cartilage in my chest was badly cracked over my whole rib cage, and that one more kick, could be very serious. See, one small crack and now, lucky-b*****d one big crack.

I had to go back to England, and the British guys apparently were lapping it up, especially Jason Cross, the no good b*****d, who took great pleasure in seeing me go.

I looked at it all like fate stepping in really. For you see, before I flew out, I was due to miss the birth of my first child (which was agreed with my wife) due to what we felt was an important work commitment that needed to be honoured, as it was my first tour of Japan. I was really split mind you, and did think very hard about not going, but my wife helped persuade me. In the end, it just seemed like I was destined not to be there, because when I got back, my wife gave birth a couple of days later and I never missed a thing. So, a good ending really, although Sasuke needs to know that if it wasn't fate that intervened, I would still be standing there right now, taking his f**king kicks!!

Was there any sort of confrontation between yourself and Michinoku boss
Sauske backstage before, or after, the event?

No, although Jason Cross tried to stir one up from what I was told. I realise now, after he yo-yo'd between our dressing rooms trying to spark one. But Sasuke knew, that I now knew... that something was amiss, and that if he came looking, injury or no injury, he could and would get something back. But, he never came looking, which was wise. Things seemed quite bad, to the point where I didn't know who I could trust, honestly.

Sabu was pissed when I told him and advised me to buy myself a big-f**king razor blade to take with me into the ring in case, I got set-up again. You see, even though I was badly-injured I was still planning on wrestling, even though when I tried to move anything faster than a walk, it was absolute agony. It was only after the doctors intervened that my mind was made up for me, and that Michinoku couldn't and wouldn't let me wrestle anyhow for insurance reasons.

I went along for the rest of the week on the tour and got on well with some guys, especially Super-Boy who's great and Wellington Wilkins Jnr, as well as Black Warrior who also left the tour with me over money. Some people were realising all the s**t about me, really was a load of rubbish. But Sasuke and me, still travelled at opposite ends of the bus, and he never made any attempt to apologise, which to me, really was bad.

Do you believe The Great Sasuke hit the kicks stiff on purpose and do you
think he was trying to hurt you?

Yes, as I've already answered above. And like I said... I took them all!!

Have you spoken to Sasuke since?

No. I asked for a re-match by fax, but it wasn't even acknowledged let alone, answered. You see, a re-match doesn't suit their agenda, they have the victory over me, and that's that in their heads.

What where you overall thoughts of MPW?

My experience wasn't good, but they have good wrestlers and generally have good shows, although it is very conservatively booked around Sasuke.
He was trained by Sabu. I think that's all that really needs to be taken from this.