BOTB: Wrestling Style

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
Earth Child

BOTB: Wrestling Style

Post by Earth Child » Feb 8th, '12, 16:00

What do you think is the better wrestling style? You could take this to mean what is most entertaining to watch, what style would cause most (Kayfabe) pain, degree of difficulty to master, etc.

Is it High flying acrobatics?
Grappling
Technical
Submission
Power/strong
Any others I have forgotten?

My personal favorite style of wrestling is high flying, spot fest matches. Keeps me very entertained.

yourcrapsweak

Re: BOTB: Wrestling Style

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 8th, '12, 16:05

Honestly, the old school technical grappling style of wrestling is the simplest style, and it's my favorite. That's what WRESTLING is. No doubt that the high flying and new generation indy-tastic style is entertaining, but a lot of it doesn't make sense (see: El Generico's Double Pumphandle Orange Crush Bomb). Pure technical wrestling has created most of the classics we talk about today. Take Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat for example. Everyone considers their matches classics, and 100% of them were pure, basic wrestling. It never fails, even in this day and age. People do so much crazy sh*t all the time, so when someone does a simple wrestling hold, the crowd goes "HOLY CRAP HE'S A WIZARD!" when really it's as basic as it gets.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '12, 22:15

I like a slower version of the indy-tastic style, with a bit more grappling and submissions and a bit less on the head-drops.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '12, 23:41

I really enjoy the clash of styles more than any one in particular, but if I had to choose one, I'd have to go with the Junior Heavyweight Style; like AJ, Dragon, Daniels, Davey, KENTA, Beniot, Malenko, Guerrero, Liger, etc. They're great bc of the range of moves they are capable of; the ppl who fit into this category are the most innovative wrestlers there's ever been.

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Feb 16th, '12, 21:02

I like a ground-based/striking style. What would be the called the "indie" style, I suppose. It's kinda MMA-esque.

Bulletclubfan2014

Post by Bulletclubfan2014 » Apr 20th, '14, 12:20

Japanese Strong Style mixed with a little high flying is my favorite
You thought you had all the answers I changed the question -Rowdy Roddy Piper