What wrestlers would have the best matches if they had to wrestle themselves?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

What wrestlers would have the best matches if they had to wrestle themselves?

Post by cero2k » Jul 25th, '18, 15:17

The wrestler's opponent is an exact copy of themselves with different gear so they can be told apart. Both will be in their prime unless you specify otherwise. The match time limit is 30 minutes. You may select a stipulation if you so choose. You may also select which company and where the match takes place if you want to go the extra mile.

Big Red Machine

Re: What wrestlers would have the best matches if they had to wrestle themselves?

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 25th, '18, 15:40

Dragon vs. Dragon in ROH in 2006, with one of them being the babyface version and one being the heel version. Match is in NYC.

Actually, f*ck that. 2015 babyface ROH Roderick Strong vs. 2015 heel PWG Roderick Strong. Match is in Chicago.

Other candidates are 2004 Samoa Joe in ROH in Philly, 2002 Low Ki in ROH in Philly, maybe some version of Benoit, and possibly 2018 Kenny Omega in Tokyo, or 2005 AJ Styles in TNA.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: What wrestlers would have the best matches if they had to wrestle themselves?

Post by cero2k » Jul 25th, '18, 15:49

my first thought was an I Quit match between US Open Challenge era Cena vs Cena, but thinking about it more

Current WALTER, Sabre, or Ibushi would all be awesome, put them in a PWG ring back in 2015

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 25th, '18, 16:02

cero2k wrote: Jul 25th, '18, 15:49 my first thought was an I Quit match between US Open Challenge era Cena vs Cena, but thinking about it more

Current WALTER, Sabre, or Ibushi would all be awesome, put them in a PWG ring back in 2015
The Ishii match we've seen already. He just did it with Shibata instead of himself.
WALTER might not even qualify due to a technicality because it's possible he only has one set of tights.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jul 27th, '18, 08:28

Macho Man vs Macho Man
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 28th, '18, 14:34

Hogan vs Hogan lmao.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 29th, '18, 08:07

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 28th, '18, 14:34 Hogan vs Hogan lmao.
Actually...
I legit came to post 70's Heel Hogan vs 80's Rock 'n' Wrestling Hogan...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 29th, '18, 10:57

90's out of control WCW Ric Flair vs late 2000s Tna Ric Flair-just in a promo to see who's crazier lmao.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 12th, '19, 18:32

I like the more high flying style, and so the first thing that comes to my mind is Ricochet. Not knowing a lot about him outside of NXT except that one match from LU against Johnny Mundo, I don't know which "version" of him is best, I just know that I want it.

Yes, I am necroing this thread too. I'm bored!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '19, 19:23

Serujuunin wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 18:32 I like the more high flying style, and so the first thing that comes to my mind is Ricochet. Not knowing a lot about him outside of NXT except that one match from LU against Johnny Mundo, I don't know which "version" of him is best, I just know that I want it.

I once saw a shot where Chris Hero, Dave Meltzer, and Rob Naylor theorized about if and how you could do a match where every single move is reversed for the the majority of the match and now the crowd would respond. If this match ever happened, I would have to imagine that it would be Ricochet wrestling a clone of himself.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 12th, '19, 20:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 19:23
Serujuunin wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 18:32 I like the more high flying style, and so the first thing that comes to my mind is Ricochet. Not knowing a lot about him outside of NXT except that one match from LU against Johnny Mundo, I don't know which "version" of him is best, I just know that I want it.

I once saw a shot where Chris Hero, Dave Meltzer, and Rob Naylor theorized about if and how you could do a match where every single move is reversed for the the majority of the match and now the crowd would respond. If this match ever happened, I would have to imagine that it would be Ricochet wrestling a clone of himself.
I also feel like this match would go on forever!