WOTW: Angle

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
kirbs2002

WOTW: Angle

Post by kirbs2002 » Mar 11th, '14, 17:15

Just like the title. And to hopefully get a little variance and not make it easy, the "Katie Vick" clusterf--k is excluded from this conversation.

For the moment, I'll probably have to go with David Arquette winning the WHC.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Bob-O

Re: WOTW: Angle

Post by Bob-O » Mar 11th, '14, 17:46

:-s So... many... to... pick... from....

Ugh, to just pick one...

I'll go with The Fingerpoke Of Doom, and the events leading up to it... (Nash ending Goldberg's undefeated streak)

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 12th, '14, 08:50

i don't have to go that back far. Big Show and the Authority angle. dreadful

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 12th, '14, 09:39

Christy Hemme v. Kip James: the James Gang were spose to be faces, but Kip was a total misogynist asshole and crapped on women's place in the industry. CHristy really didn't do anything but take the abuse and try to get guys to beat up the James Gang. I remember when Lance Hoyt turned on the James Gang and he was spose to turn heel I thought 'Shouldn't HE be the face here?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 12th, '14, 09:59

badnewzxl wrote:Christy Hemme v. Kip James: the James Gang were spose to be faces, but Kip was a total misogynist asshole and crapped on women's place in the industry. CHristy really didn't do anything but take the abuse and try to get guys to beat up the James Gang. I remember when Lance Hoyt turned on the James Gang and he was spose to turn heel I thought 'Shouldn't HE be the face here?
It wasn't just that. Go rewatch Chrisy's original promo from Final Resolution 2007 (I did a pretty much word for word review of both her promo and the James Gang's. She brings this whole women's rights thing up COMPLETELY OUT OF NOWHERE, in a way that MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, and her acting was just SOOOOOO bad.
At it wasn't just Kip James, either. Cornette randomly decided to be misogynistic, and Don and Tenay made light sexual harassment. There is not a single thing about that angle that wasn't HORRIBLE!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 12th, '14, 10:28

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:Christy Hemme v. Kip James: the James Gang were spose to be faces, but Kip was a total misogynist asshole and crapped on women's place in the industry. CHristy really didn't do anything but take the abuse and try to get guys to beat up the James Gang. I remember when Lance Hoyt turned on the James Gang and he was spose to turn heel I thought 'Shouldn't HE be the face here?
It wasn't just that. Go rewatch Chrisy's original promo from Final Resolution 2007 (I did a pretty much word for word review of both her promo and the James Gang's. She brings this whole women's rights thing up COMPLETELY OUT OF NOWHERE, in a way that MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, and her acting was just SOOOOOO bad.
At it wasn't just Kip James, either. Cornette randomly decided to be misogynistic, and Don and Tenay made light sexual harassment. There is not a single thing about that angle that wasn't HORRIBLE!
TESTIFY, lol