What is your biggest 'I wish that had happened' moment

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

What is your biggest 'I wish that had happened' moment

Post by cero2k » Sep 26th, '13, 13:27

From reddit today
We often hear about rumours of booking that was canned for one reason or another, whether it be injury, being shoved in the doghouse or drug policy violations.

So based on all these murmurs and 'loldirtsheets' reports, what moments do you hear about and think 'oh my god, I wish that had happened' ?

For me it is Regal's megapush after winning KOTR. I love me some William and, while I was not actually watcing at the time, I have often heard that he was due to win the WHC and be elevated too the main event until his push was derailed after a wellness policy violation.

Back when the WHC meant something, it would have been great to have Regal hold it as a swansong for his career. Greatest wrestler never to win a major title in my view.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: What is your biggest 'I wish that had happened' moment

Post by cero2k » Sep 26th, '13, 13:29

to start off, i would have really really liked to see James Storm win the title back from Roode to end up their feud. unfortunately for him Austin Aries came by.

talking about Austin Aries, i would have wanted for him to keep the x division title this year and go and face Bully Ray at Destination X. Regardless if he won or not, that would have been better than a month long Sabin reign

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 26th, '13, 22:10

Mine is the Beniot v. Punk match that was spose to determine the new ECW champ in 2007. I was mega excited and MEGA devastated by what actually went down....

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 27th, '13, 21:08

badnewzxl wrote:Mine is the Beniot v. Punk match that was spose to determine the new ECW champ in 2007. I was mega excited and MEGA devastated by what actually went down....
Another side effect being that we missed out on Vince McMahon's Hobo Army... :ymsigh:

Good topic! I could go on for a while, but the first two things that come to mind...

1. The Ambrose vs Foley angle that never took off.

2. I'm often alone on this, but I was such a huge Mr Kennedy mark. Rumor had it they were gonna strap him. I would have loved to have seen where that went.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 27th, '13, 22:21

Bob-O wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:Mine is the Beniot v. Punk match that was spose to determine the new ECW champ in 2007. I was mega excited and MEGA devastated by what actually went down....
Another side effect being that we missed out on Vince McMahon's Hobo Army... :ymsigh:

Good topic! I could go on for a while, but the first two things that come to mind...

1. The Ambrose vs Foley angle that never took off.

2. I'm often alone on this, but I was such a huge Mr Kennedy mark. Rumor had it they were gonna strap him. I would have loved to have seen where that went.
I forgot about both of those. I, too, am a big Kennedy/Anderson fan and I felt the WWE kinda made a rash decision getting rid of him. And I was PUMPED about the rumored Foley/Ambrose feud; sad that it didn't come to fruition, but the Shield has been pretty damn good for ten whole months....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 27th, '13, 23:11

Bob-O wrote:
with Kennedy I can already think of two

- his MITB run that was supposed to end at WM.

- he being McMahon's son after the 'who killed McMahon' story that never took off

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 28th, '13, 10:28

cero2k wrote:he being McMahon's son after the 'who killed McMahon' story that never took off
I'm good on that one. I've never been big on Kayfabe Paternity in angles. Even Kane/Paul Bearer missed me completely. I don't like to think about Paul Bearer having sex with a woman that would result in Kane. I mean, I don't like to think about Paul Bearer having sex at all, but especially in this case.
badnewzxl wrote:And I was PUMPED about the rumored Foley/Ambrose feud; sad that it didn't come to fruition, but the Shield has been pretty damn good for ten whole months....
Indeed. The YouTube videos from Foley/Ambrose were GOOD STUFF, but The Shield is a nice consolation prize.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 28th, '13, 22:08

The Foley-Ambrose feud is a big one for me, but I think my top one is Gabe's intended finish for the Jacobs-Aries I Quit blowoff match (which I used in my ROH fantasy booking [giving Gabe full credit for it)].

Two others that I don't know for sure if they were actually every really planned would be Brock vs. Taker at Mania and turning the second Rock vs. Cena match into a Triple Threat with Punk.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 29th, '13, 09:24

Remember when Edge came back? Shoved the then Edgeheads Hawkins and Ryder around? Seemed to turn heel further by having words with Christian? Then the people just wouldn't have it, cheered h still, and his thought to be sheepish actions were explained, and voila, still face. I'd just've liked another huge dominant heel run from him....

That reminded me of another one....remember when Matt was the one revealed to be Jeff's attacker, and Christian was returning facing Swagger on new ECW? That was supposed to be reversed, with Christian reuniting with Edge...
DAMM the dirtsheets causing the rewrite!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 29th, '13, 09:28

KILLdozer wrote:
That reminded me of another one....remember when Matt was the one revealed to be Jeff's attacker, and Christian was returning facing Swagger on new ECW? That was supposed to be reversed, with Christian reuniting with Edge...
THIS ONE, i had forgotten about this one. We never really got that E&C reunion we all wanted to see

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 29th, '13, 09:29

KILLdozer wrote:Remember when Edge came back? Shoved the then Edgeheads Hawkins and Ryder around? Seemed to turn heel further by having words with Christian? Then the people just wouldn't have it, cheered h still, and his thought to be sheepish actions were explained, and voila, still face. I'd just've liked another huge dominant heel run from him....

This! So what if the finish to the rumble match got out? People are still going to buy the show for the Royal Rumble, and Edge & Christian vs. Matt & Jeff would have done TONS more buys than Matt vs. Jeff and whatever the hell Edge & Christian did on that show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 29th, '13, 09:55

Big Red Machine wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:Remember when Edge came back? Shoved the then Edgeheads Hawkins and Ryder around? Seemed to turn heel further by having words with Christian? Then the people just wouldn't have it, cheered h still, and his thought to be sheepish actions were explained, and voila, still face. I'd just've liked another huge dominant heel run from him....

This! So what if the finish to the rumble match got out? People are still going to buy the show for the Royal Rumble, and Edge & Christian vs. Matt & Jeff would have done TONS more buys than Matt vs. Jeff and whatever the hell Edge & Christian did on that show.
I'm tellin you...plus it would've given young folk of today a glimpse of yesterday's TLC greatness, and Lord knows the promos...Matt and Jeff somewhat flopped, and would pale in comparison to what you'd get out of ...E and C V Hardys....ONE...MORE...TIME!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 1st, '13, 09:04

found this, worth sharing
Hidden text.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 18th, '13, 16:33

i got one for you guys
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]