BOTB: Blood Match

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
yourcrapsweak

Re: BOTB: Blood Match

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 21st, '11, 10:57

You know it's funny about the Muta Scale, because even though Muta's match against Haze was so bloody it gave us the scale that we judge how bloody a match is, I've seen people bleed more than Muta did in that match. Especially when people bleed out (Drake's head at TOD 9, Brain Damage at I forgot when, Sexxxy Eddy's arm at TOD 3, etc.).
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Nov 30th, '11, 15:41

Tommy Dreamer and Sandman v The Dudleys from ONS 2005

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Nov 30th, '11, 21:26

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart @Wrestlemania 13. Even though only Austin was busted open, him gushing out of his face while he was trapped in the Sharpshooter was so famous that they made T-Shirts of that image!

Honorable Mention goes to Bill Alfonso vs. Beulah McGillicutty in ECW. Alfonso was a complete mess of blood during that match. And Beulah made that match look actually believable.....

BOD

Post by BOD » Apr 19th, '12, 18:28

i like the slamboree match nut i cant belive nobody said royal rumble 2000 Cactus Jack Triple H matchblood from the leg of HHH Cactus pedigreed on the tacts it was a good story
11/10/10
BOD & Knockouts95

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 20th, '12, 06:54

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: Indeed; I have it on my best of Samoa Joe dvd. Jay bleeds A LOT! Supposedly, his recent match against Roddy was just as bloody....

Heh. I just found this thread again (thanks, Bod!) and I can report that Jay vs. Roddy from Only The Strong Survive was, indeed, extremely bloody (on Jay's part, anyway), but not quite up to the level of Jay vs. Joe from At Our Best. Two others to consider are AJ vs. Daniels from Against All Odds 2005 and Roddy vs. Jerry Lynn from A Cut Above (named both because it was better than all of the other ROH shows in Dayton for the past few years, and because of the GIANT gash on Roddy's forehead.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 8th, '13, 14:42

I think Cena vs. JBL from Judgment Day 2005 might just take the cake here. They bled everywhere and all over everything. Cena wound up with a literal "crimson mask" that covered more of his face than Mankind's mask ever did.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

DevilWithin

Post by DevilWithin » Aug 11th, '13, 10:44

HHH And Kane's chain match from way back in the day is worth mentioning. This was Kane in his truest and most pure form, H got the shit kicked out of him bled like hell. EVERYTHING you would expect from that kind of match. I suggest you watch it immediately, actually.
Don't sleep on me...cuz then you're fucked and left behind.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 11th, '13, 11:53

DevilWithin wrote:HHH And Kane's chain match from way back in the day is worth mentioning. This was Kane in his truest and most pure form, H got the s**t kicked out of him bled like hell. EVERYTHING you would expect from that kind of match. I suggest you watch it immediately, actually.
This was a pretty good match indeed, Judgment Day 01, but i never thought it was that bloody and I don't really like the finish

DevilWithin

Post by DevilWithin » Aug 11th, '13, 12:27

cero2k wrote:
DevilWithin wrote:HHH And Kane's chain match from way back in the day is worth mentioning. This was Kane in his truest and most pure form, H got the s**t kicked out of him bled like hell. EVERYTHING you would expect from that kind of match. I suggest you watch it immediately, actually.
This was a pretty good match indeed, Judgment Day 01, but i never thought it was that bloody and I don't really like the finish
Unless I'm mistaken, which I could be, but...H had the Crimson Mask I wanna say! How do you NOT get "bloody" during an AE chain match anyways?!? lol. Damnit I really don't feel like watching the DVD with this match on it just to see, but maybe I should make an afternoon out of some old Kane matches in fact.... :-?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 11th, '13, 12:38

DevilWithin wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, which I could be, but...H had the Crimson Mask I wanna say! How do you NOT get "bloody" during an AE chain match anyways?!? lol. Damnit I really don't feel like watching the DVD with this match on it just to see, but maybe I should make an afternoon out of some old Kane matches in fact.... :-?
"Getting bloody" and "bloodiest ever" are very different things. I remember Triple H bleeding during the match, but if it was all-time epically bloody, I would remember.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

DevilWithin

Post by DevilWithin » Aug 11th, '13, 14:15

Big Red Machine wrote: "Getting bloody" and "bloodiest ever" are very different things. I remember Triple H bleeding during the match, but if it was all-time epically bloody, I would remember.
Oh sit down fat boy...Keep your mouth shut! ;P

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 11th, '13, 15:14

DevilWithin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: "Getting bloody" and "bloodiest ever" are very different things. I remember Triple H bleeding during the match, but if it was all-time epically bloody, I would remember.
Oh sit down fat boy...Keep your mouth shut! ;P
now THERE's a man that knows about the crimson mask