-Fatal 4 Way
-Money In The Bank
-SummerSlam
-Night of Champions
-Hell In A Cell
-Bragging Rights
-Survivor Series
-Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Most of you see the problem: there's too many. Here's how I would modify that schedule (and save the WWE a little money, too).

Royal Rumble
-Started in 1988, the headline of this show is an over-the-top-rope battle royal that features first 20, then 30 and now 40 competitors. Generally the winner receives a title shot at WrestleMania.
-This is one of the "Big Four." It's your biggest draw and it's a cool way to have main-eventers make a return.

Elimination Chamber
-Started in 2010 as a replacement to No Way Out. The main feature is the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships being contested in an Elimination Chamber match.
-Having a specialty match featured like this really hurts its drawing factor. It's not something that should be done every year.

WrestleMania
-Started in 1984. Considered the "Grandaddy of Them All," this is the largest event that WWE produces, even receiving more than 2 months' build-up.
-As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Even people who don't watch pro wrestling usually know about WrestleMania, that's how big this is.

Extreme Rules
-Started in 2005 as the ECW reunion show One Night Stand, the specialty of this show is that every match has an "extreme" stipulation, such as no disqualification, falls count anywhere, etc.
-(1)Move it to later/earlier in the year and (2)lighten up on the in-ring restrictions, even if for this show only.

Over The Limit
-Started in 2010, the real headline of this show is... well... what exactly IS the real headline of this show?
-That statement above is enough of a reason for me. Nothing special really separates it from TV, aside from being an hour longer, commercial free and costing you $45 to watch.

Fatal 4 Way
-Another 2010 creation (the PPV), this is all about four competitors and one fall to a finish.
-I've never been a fan of the fatal four way match and by virtue of its name, every match at this show should be a fatal four way, which--for me--is overdoing it.

Money In The Bank
-Yet ANOTHER 2010 invention, this has two Money In The Bank ladder matches: One for RAW superstars and another for Smackdown.
-(1)Make it exclusive to this show (i.e. take it out of WM) and (2) have the winners cash in on a title other than the world titles.

SummerSlam
-Started in 1988, this is another of the "Big Four" and is a "super show" at the tail-end of Summer. It's seen legendary matches such as Hitman-Bulldog, Taker-Edge, Hardy-Punk and many more.
-Again, it's one of your "Big Four" and is a good point to blow off some feuds and start new ones. Personally, I wish they'd never made it exclusive to Los Angeles (so I hate L.A., sue me! :ymtongue: )

Night of Champions
-Started in 2007 (Promoted as Vengeance: Night of Champions), the specialty here is that every match here is a championship match.
-I like the idea of every championship on the line. However, keep all matches without a title OUT of this show.

Hell In A Cell
-Yet another 2010 invention, the draw is that every match is Hell In A Cell.
-Like Elimination Chamber, having a PPV based around this match (in this sense) waters down the draw factor of it.

Bragging Rights
-Started in 2009, this show pits Raw against Smackdown in multiple matches.
-I thought this was a fresh take on Survivor Series and would like to see it more in the future.

Survivor Series
-Started in 1990, this was known for having many multiple-man elimination tag team matches.
-Although it is one of the "Big Four", its defining concept was the "Survivor Series Match", which there was only one of this past year and was announced about a week before the show. Besides, I'm keeping Bragging Rights; therefore, one or the other.

Tables, Ladders and Chairs
-Started in 2009, this features a tables match, ladder match, chairs match (what the devil is that?) and a TLC main event.
-All of the aforementioned matches can be done at the Extreme Rules PPV, as for the TLC match, see Elimination Chamber and Hell In A Cell.

Taking that into consideration, my new schedule would look like this:

January - Royal Rumble
Late March/Early April - WrestleMania
June - Money In The Bank
August - SummerSlam
October - Night of Champions
November - Bragging Rights
December - Extreme Rules
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE Pay-Per-View Schedule.

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '11, 14:35

Royal Rumble: A show with a lot of history behind it, and an integral part of the buildup to Mania
The verdict: Keep it!

Elimination Chamber:
The February PPV has always been a little bit weird simply because of the Rumble Title shot clause, but I'd say keep it. I think WWE does a very good job leaving enough space between it and Mania, and have occasionally even done a great job at using it to build Mania angles.
I also HATE the idea of forcing a gimmick match like this when it doesn't need to be here. Look at the first two elimination chambers: They perfectly build up five contenders (or in the case of the second one, four and one stooge) to go in there against Triple H. The same is true for the Extreme Elimination Chamber, and numbers 3 and 4 all had guys who at least seemed like they had a shot at winning (the only exception to this would have been Carlito in #4).
All of the Elimination Chamber matches since then have been build up hurriedly (so they could leave a lot of time between this PPV and Mania), and as a result, they threw guys in there who everyone knew never had a shot in hell of winning. MVP, Know, Kofi, Dibiase, Kozlov, R-Ttruth... Even JoMo at the time. No chance in hell!

The Verdict: Scrap the gimmick and rename it! No Way Out was a dumb name, but "Elimination Chamber" is even dumber especially considering the reasons I have explained above).

Wreslemania: DUH

Extreme Rules- again, a gimmick PPV, but not as offensive. Forcing gimmick match RIGHT AFTER WRESTLEMANIA is an atrocious idea.
The Verdict: Scrap the gimmick and rename it! Backlash was an awesome name.

Over the Limit: Not much to say here
The Verdict: Keep it! Not crazy about the name, but it isn't atrocious, either. I preferred Judgment Day

Fatal 4 Way: Another gimmick show.
The Verdict: Scrap the gimmick and rename it!

Money in the Bank: Yet another gimmick show. Having two MITB briefcases is a bad idea. It makes each briefcase less special. MITB should be kept to Mania. Also, two ladder matches on one show? Not fan.
The Verdict: Scrap the gimmick and rename it!

Summer Slam: The #2 PPV of the year. Lots of history
The Verdict: Definitely a keeper! but not exclusive to one city! That is a moronic idea.

Night of Champions: Finally! A gimmick show that is actually a good idea!
The Verdict: Keep it!

Hell in a Cell: Everything that is wrong with these gimmick PPVs is embodied in this show. They took the most important, biggest match that WWE has- THE blowoff match in WWE... and cheapened it. More than one on a show? Utter crap. Using it in feuds that don't deserve it? EVEN WORSE! Having it not be a blowoff? WORST BOOKING IDEA EVER. Even Russo is better than this.
This show also has problems because it is smooshed between two others with only three weeks rather than 4. This right here is that terrible, extra 13th PPV, and it needs to go.
The Verdict: Scrap it, and never do something this stupid again!

Bragging Rights: When done well, this gimmick rocks. The problem is that in order for it to be done well, you need to have a major sense of brand competition, and that requires a lot more separation than we have been getting recently. I also think that in order for this to work well, it needs to be an elimination match, and it is too close to Survivor Series for that.
The Verdict: a good concept, but move it to Survivor Series and use the spot for another PPV

Survivor Series: A lot of history behind it, but I have never been a real fan. I think that WWE needs to "expand" on the gimmick. The Survivor Series elimination tag team matches nice and historic, but having more than two on the show is a bad idea. The name also lends itself to a tournament, or an elimination match, Last Man Standing, or any other number of thing that could be used every once in a while to spice this show up.
The Verdict: Keep it, but don't only build the card around the elimination tag team matches

TLC: Another example of why these gimmick PPVs are bad. The gimmicks matches rarely make sense in the feuds they are assigned to, and we wind up with way too many gimmick matches on the show. THis is made even worse by repeats.
The Verdict: scrap the gimmick and rename it

So... what would my WWE PPV schedule look like?

January: Royal Rumble- just like it is now

February: Bad Blood- a good name for the show because it shows the feud escalating towards Mania

March: Wrestlemania- featuring MITB and the winner of the Rumble getting a title shot

April: Backlash

May: Night of Champions- May is far enough removed from both Mania and Summer Slam that we can have a show that focuses more on the belts themselves. This also gives time for some good feuds to build up around the belts.

June: The Great American Bash: Obviously this should be done later in the month. This throws a bone to WCW and its history and is a good name for a show.

July: King of the Ring: Bring the WWE's most prestigious tournament back to PPV. The winner of the Tournament would receive a title shot at Summer Slam. And no more of this silly "I am the King of the WWE" delusional BS! It is damn a METAPHOR!

August: Summer Slam

September: Breaking Point- Good name for a PPV with or without the gimmick.

October: Fall Brawl- Another good WCW name with history behind it.

November: Survivor Series including the annual "Bragging Rights" elimination match between Raw and SD, as well as maybe one other Survivor Series elimination match.

December: Unforgiven- Survivor Series tends to create some strange bedfellows. This shows that no one has forgotten what their temporary friends might have done to them (of course, it doesn't always have to be this was, as the name fits just as well for anything that might have happened during any feud, even during this month of buildup.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 27th, '11, 20:35

Royal Rumble
-I agree, Keep it...

Elimination Chamber
-I agree, can it...use the month of February to help build for Mania better...

WrestleMania
-DUH...keep it

Extreme Rules
-Can it

Over The Limit
-I agree, can it

Fatal 4 Way
-I agree, can it...

Money In The Bank
-Keep it at WM... not a PPV all its own...

SummerSlam
-I agree, keep it...

Night of Champions
-I agree, keep it but move it to December to end the year on...ONLY CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES!!!

Hell In A Cell
-I agree, can it

Bragging Rights
-Keep it, but no Team RAW vs Team Smackdown match, save that for Survivor Series... and have champion vs champion matches

Survivor Series
-Keep it...main event it with Team RAW v Team Smackdown with the show champions at the team captains... only survivor style matches...

Tables, Ladders and Chairs
-I agree, can it...

The only PPVs I'd add is King of the Ring (before SummerSlam) & a Draft PPV (put these shows on neither RAW nor Smackdown & include NXT & FCW)...

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 27th, '11, 22:58

NO to King of the Ring. All the idiocy that surrounds the winner, specifically taking "King" too literally, has made me hate it. I'll quite honestly be happy NEVER seeing King of the Ring again.

"King" whatever didn't work the last 10 times you tried it, so what the HELL makes you think it'll work this time?!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 27th, '11, 23:02

something i just thought of,,how long do you think hes gonna be king sheamus,,when will it stop and just be regular sheamus again
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 27th, '11, 23:04

Who cares by now? It shouldn't have ever started in the first place.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 27th, '11, 23:07

imagine if someone else had won,,,KIng Del Rio? King Dashing? King Jackson?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 28th, '11, 02:34

kirbs2002 wrote:NO to King of the Ring. All the idiocy that surrounds the winner, specifically taking "King" too literally, has made me hate it. I'll quite honestly be happy NEVER seeing King of the Ring again.

"King" whatever didn't work the last 10 times you tried it, so what the HELL makes you think it'll work this time?!
King of the Ring itself isn't the problem. The problem is people taking it literally for some reason. KOTR is a perfectly fine method to push people (Bret, Owen Hart, Triple H, Austin, Kurt, Shamrock, Brock)... the problem is when people decide that winning a tournament that uses the word "king" in a metaphorical sense somehow makes them a REAL MONARCH, and they start doing dumb sh*t like wearing robes, carrying a scepter, and calling others their "loyal subjects" and expecting fealty from them. The tournament itself is perfectly fine.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 28th, '11, 02:34

kirbs2002 wrote:Who cares by now? It shouldn't have ever started in the first place.
This.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation