The Everlasting Perspective: Zero Hour

Tell it to the world!!
Chris Everlast

The Everlasting Perspective: Zero Hour

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 23rd, '11, 13:25

The Everlasting Perspective:Zero Hour
Written by: Christian Everly, Jr.

Hello, this is something new I'll do whenever one of our beloved site's e-Feds delivers new large shows, if you like it. Ofcourse, for the EWA I'll review every show, but for WAC I'll probably only review hyped up weekly shows from time to time (Together with PPVs). I expect nice, constructive criticism (That includes you, Prophecy)

So, ladies and gentlemen, little madames and toddlers, it's time for my review of EWA: Zero Hour, the largest EWA show to date and in my top 2, nontheless! I'll do this in a similar manner as BRM does his reviews, and if it comes to it that you like them I might step up my game. I will add ratings to the matches that are fully written, not those that are summed up like in a flashback, just to be a fair. Soundtrack of today's review is Appetite For Destruction by Guns n' Roses. Enjoy.

GEORGE ADAMS VS KEV CARNAGE - English Streetfight > Adams wins with the Aggromatic at 16:09. A good match which kept me interested throughout and didn't become a bore. No slow parts at all. Put both competitors over as tough SOBs. 8/10

TIEN TRIOPIQUER VS MERRITT ROOK - Standard > Tien wins after a quick squash in 3:49. Killed my excitement after the great opener. DUD.

POSTMATCH SEGMENT - > A man in a suit comes down and messages Fooda and Carlos that Jordan Delux, a former world champion, has signed with EWA.

JIMMY CARNIVAL VS REAPER - Standard > Carnival wins after a Canadian Suplex. After the match Carnival cuts a promo about wanting title gold. Yes, Carnival, you will. Calling it.

SCOTTIE ADAMS INTERVIEW - > A nice, perfectly pissed off promo by Scottie on Exodus Licairne. This feels like it's gonna pay off well. 7/10 on the Interview scale.

JOHN HALL/RODRIGO MACHADO VS THE ROYAL APPOINTMENTS - Tag Team > Royal Appointments win with quick teamwork. Would be nice to see the whole thing though, but I won't fret.

TANAKASHI SHUPIRO (w/ KING KANG) VS GEAR CREED - Standard > Tanakashi wins with the Mandate of Heaven at 7:01. King Kang annoys the hell out of me. Not even in a heel way, I just don't want him here. Tanakashi I feel would be better without a stereotypical manager standing around him. 6/10

POST MATCH SEGMENT - > Gear Creed quits the EWA. My carebox is still empty right now.

SHAWN STEVENS VS UNKNOWN (w/ VALERIE KNOT) - Standard > Unknown wins with a Harriman Driver at 8:34. It was a good match, still not reaching the same rating as the opener. Sure beats Tien Triopiquer, though. 5/10.

TRYESE JACKSON/STEVEN DAVIS VS COREY ROSE/MALCOM METAL - Tag > Corey Rose and Macolm Metal wins with a Powerbomb-neckbreaker combo at 5:24. Perfectly acceptable wrestling. 5/10

CHRIS EVERLAST VS PHREAK - Singles > Phreak wins with a rollup. Nice match, but a very dissappointing finish that kills it for me. 4/10

SHADOW VS EL DEMONICO - Hardcore > Demonico wins with a Down To Hell at 6:13. Post match Demonico cuts a promo on Tien, challenging him for a future match with his mask on the line. Was a decent match, nothing I'd sell my knickers for. 5/10

MARK WOODBRIDGE/SCOTT LOGAN VS POWER & PAIN VS THE ATOMIC PUNKS VS HAZARD/WYLER MOTHIS - Tag Team Title Battle Royal > Atomic Punks wins the shot over Power & Pain in the 'Tag team' portion of the match with Ajax hitting a moonsault from Cowboy's shoulders. It was an okay match, it dragged on abit in the middle but it got good in the end. 7/10

EXODUS LICAIRNE VS SCOTTIE ADAMS - Standard > Scottie Adams wins with a rollup at 11:29. Exciting match all through, loved it. 8/10

ANSWER FROM TIEN - > A small answer from Tien Triopiquer, declaring that we have a Streak vs Mask match between El Demonico and Tien. This better be good.

MAIN EVENT:JACK SQUAT (w/ SARAH KAMINSKY) VS JOEL CARTER - EWA World Championship > Carter wins with a diving Gore at 56:18. I didn't really like this match, I just felt bored by the competitors and that we've seen this match, maybe three-four times now. Writers put it all into it though, which doesn't make it worthless. 5/10.

THE FINAL VERDICT: The show was good, with one DUD and two REALLY good matches, and also nice storytelling. It gets a 6/10 overall. Not too shabby to read through it all!

That's all, folks! Leave all your interesting comments and criticism under this post.

yourcrapsweak

Re: The Everlasting Perspective: Zero Hour

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 23rd, '11, 13:35

Awesome! Can't wait to read more reviews, especially the one of your favorite show.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 23rd, '11, 13:39

Thanks, dude! I'll def keep on writing these, especially if you post the older shows!

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 23rd, '11, 16:22

Will do.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '11, 16:54

Thanks for the feedback
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 23rd, '11, 17:22

Spoilers, much?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 24th, '11, 00:58

Most reviews are spoiler-filled though.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 01:05

Chris Everlast wrote:Most reviews are spoiler-filled though.
Not necessarily. And they usually don't give away the finish unless it is important to understanding the rating in question.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 24th, '11, 01:10

Big Red Machine wrote:
Chris Everlast wrote:Most reviews are spoiler-filled though.
Not necessarily. And they usually don't give away the finish unless it is important to understanding the rating in question.
Maybe so, but I based this review-structure on other reviews I've read, but I'll remember it for the next one! Thanks for reading again. :D

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 24th, '11, 12:47

And here I thought you were going to do it from Chris Everlasts point of view /:)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 15:17

Darkil wrote:And here I thought you were going to do it from Chris Everlasts point of view /:)
He did. Hence:
Chris Everlast wrote:
CHRIS EVERLAST VS PHREAK - Singles > Phreak wins with a rollup. Nice match, but a very dissappointing finish that kills it for me. 4/10

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 24th, '11, 15:23

Actually, no, BRM. That finish just made me dislike the match.

You really think I'm unprofessional enough to lower a rating on a match because I want my char to win? I'm dissappointed at you!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '11, 15:38

but I think that theres past ewa shows up so you should be doing the reviews for them :p im interested to see what you say
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 24th, '11, 15:46

Yeah man, I've started writing my review for The Beginning!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 24th, '11, 16:07

Chris Everlast wrote:Actually, no, BRM. That finish just made me dislike the match.

You really think I'm unprofessional enough to lower a rating on a match because I want my char to win? I'm dissappointed at you!
Chill out. It was a joke. Hence why I only italicized the comment about being disappointed by the finish, and left the rating itself (as well as the type of finish, which was obviously the reason that you disliked the match) in regular text. I was just playing off of Darkil's comment.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 25th, '11, 02:25

I was joking aswell, dude. I wish there was a sarcasm button!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '11, 03:26

Chris Everlast wrote:I was joking aswell, dude. I wish there was a sarcasm button!
Stupid internet!

Cero! WE DEMAND A SARCASM BUTTON!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 25th, '11, 03:43

We should make a rule that everything in italics is sarcastic!

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jan 25th, '11, 03:48

Darkil wrote:And here I thought you were going to do it from Chris Everlasts point of view /:)
Actually, I might do that when I review WAC.

The ''Written By: Christian Everly, Jr.'' thing is more of a joke, because that is what I imagine what Chris Everlast's real name is.

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 25th, '11, 06:55

BTW I am definitely not knocking your review...I was hoping to see what Mr Everlast would say in his own cocky manner. :D