Your Wrestling Library

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Apr 7th, '16, 10:01

PWG Bowie started shipping today, so i obviously bought it and Lemmy



User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '16, 14:54

Just cashed in on my make-good for the streaming issues with EVOLVE 58 & 59. I ordered 14,15,17,37, and 41. There will be a LOT of Generico vs. Del Sol and Roddy vs. Thatcher in my future.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '16, 00:09

Did some ebaying to pick up ROH Winter Warriors Tour: Collinsville. The renaming thread will finally be able to continue!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 17th, '16, 14:02

ROH has a big sale going on right now so I got DVD copies of Final Battle 2015, Winter Warriors Tour: Duluth, and Conquest Tour: Philadelphia.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '16, 13:11

Just picked up Kayfabe Commentaries Timeline: History of WCW 1989 with Jim Cornette. Like the WWE 1997 one, Cornette's got his actual booking sheets from the shows, so hopefully he's just as insightful.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 14th, '16, 22:09

The ECW Timelines seem to be a lot less sh*tty than the WCW and especially the WWE ones, so I figured I'd pick up History of ECW: 2000 with Justin Credible. The DVD was advertising a whole bunch of backstage stuff that I either didn't know about or had only vaguely heard of.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Jul 15th, '16, 09:22

i just subscribed to highspots's network. So far I've watched The Kevin Steen show with The Young Bucks and the Chuck Taylor one. Really fun stories. Soon i'll start reviewing most RPW shows

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 15th, '16, 10:24

Are the Steen shows with Jimmy Jacobs or Gabe any good?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Jul 15th, '16, 10:53

Big Red Machine wrote:Are the Steen shows with Jimmy Jacobs or Gabe any good?
haven't checked those yet, but the Jacobs one looks like it will be lots of jokes. i'll try to hear one today and update you

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '16, 00:05

Just won Timeline: History of WCW 1988 with J.J. Dillon on ebay.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '16, 09:25

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Are the Steen shows with Jimmy Jacobs or Gabe any good?
haven't checked those yet, but the Jacobs one looks like it will be lots of jokes. i'll try to hear one today and update you
watched the Jimmy Jacobs one during the weekend, it was good, but it was all backstage stories and dirty laundry about Jimmy's love life, about Generico being annoying, about how Jimmy under appreciates himself, and a story about Sandman. it was fun, but not much about Jimmy's career or thoughts on ROH

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '16, 09:46

cero2k wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Are the Steen shows with Jimmy Jacobs or Gabe any good?
haven't checked those yet, but the Jacobs one looks like it will be lots of jokes. i'll try to hear one today and update you
watched the Jimmy Jacobs one during the weekend, it was good, but it was all backstage stories and dirty laundry about Jimmy's love life, about Generico being annoying, about how Jimmy under appreciates himself, and a story about Sandman. it was fun, but not much about Jimmy's career or thoughts on ROH
Darn. Jimmy is at his most interesting (to me) when he talks about his characters/angles/booking/thought process in ROH and IWA-MS.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '16, 12:32

just finished the Gabe/Steen show. It's pretty awesome, you'll like this one, he talks a bit of history about ECW and ROH, but it was a lot of his booking decisions of ROH primarily related to stuff that Steen/Generico could have been involved. Ladder wars, CZW/ROH, plus other stuff.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '16, 13:28

cero2k wrote:just finished the Gabe/Steen show. It's pretty awesome, you'll like this one, he talks a bit of history about ECW and ROH, but it was a lot of his booking decisions of ROH primarily related to stuff that Steen/Generico could have been involved. Ladder wars, CZW/ROH, plus other stuff.
Awesome! Going to download it now, but doubt I'll get to watch it before the weekend. I've got to watch Raw, SD, NXT, LU, CWC, Impact, ROH TV, the ROH show from Baltimore, and the first day of the G1 all this week, while also getting in my fill of political fun (which, for a guy with a degree in government & politics, is a lot). Plus I really want to get around to watching the latest RPW show and finishing up ROH Winter Warriors Tour: Collinsville.
Between all of that and my PWG fantasy booking thing, it's entirely possible that I haven't thought about anything but wrestling or food since Saturday night... and I think I'm okay with that.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 5th, '16, 00:22

Managed to track down ROH Secrets of the Ring with Dusty Rhodes, which is the one about booking, so I'm super-excited. Also hoping to win one or two more shoot interviews on ebay this weekend.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '16, 21:58

Just picked up Kayfabe Commentaries: Timeline: History of ECW 1996 with Raven.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '16, 09:58

I decided to avail myself of Highspots current sale to pick up The Kevin Steen Show with Gabe Sapolsky
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:07

Big Red Machine wrote:I decided to avail myself of Highspots current sale to pick up The Kevin Steen Show with Gabe Sapolsky
you should really consider a month of the highspots network, binge watch all the interviews, there's some pretty good ones

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:33

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I decided to avail myself of Highspots current sale to pick up The Kevin Steen Show with Gabe Sapolsky
you should really consider a month of the highspots network, binge watch all the interviews, there's some pretty good ones
Eh. The few Highspots interviews I've seen in the past I haven't been thrilled with (AJ's from after leaving TNA, and the Roddy and Davey ones they did in about 2012/2013, and the Case of Tales series), and I'm usually not a fan of the interviews when it's another wrestler/wrestling personality asking the questions (the only exception I've found is Naylor. Gabe is fine on the ROH shoots, but he can come across as too meek and not confident in his questions so it's kind of hard to listen to).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Your Wrestling Library

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '16, 10:42

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I decided to avail myself of Highspots current sale to pick up The Kevin Steen Show with Gabe Sapolsky
you should really consider a month of the highspots network, binge watch all the interviews, there's some pretty good ones
Eh. The few Highspots interviews I've seen in the past I haven't been thrilled with (AJ's from after leaving TNA, and the Roddy and Davey ones they did in about 2012/2013, and the Case of Tales series), and I'm usually not a fan of the interviews when it's another wrestler/wrestling personality asking the questions (the only exception I've found is Naylor. Gabe is fine on the ROH shoots, but he can come across as too meek and not confident in his questions so it's kind of hard to listen to).
fair enough, i personally enjoy when two wrestlers talk since it's not the typical interview that everyone asks the same questions, plus it's kevin steen and PWG guys for the most part, so that's a plus for me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KILLdozer and 7 guests