Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » May 25th, '17, 12:26

cero2k wrote:
May 25th, '17, 12:03
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 25th, '17, 10:45

Then you'll have to explain it to me because I'm missing it, too. Nothing about it makes any sense. We see guys in the same stable fight each other in the G1, so why not in BOSJ, especially if BOSJ is supposed to be the G1 for the junior heavyweights? If the idea is that they're stablemates and just don't want to fight each other then how does a finish involving a low blow make any sense? And a dude kicking his stablemate in the nuts to screw him out of a win in a major tournament is a f*cking break-up angle, but we all know that will never happen because it's Gedo's New Japan and, despite their ability to make stars they still manage to feel stale because of their insane devotion to these stables. I've been watching New Japan for close to FIVE YEARS now, and in that time the only time I can ever remember someone leaving a stable when it wasn't their last night in the company was Iizuka leaving CHAOS for Suzuki-Gun, and even that led to the most stale feud in the history of any promotion ever when he feuded with Yano and they had the stalest matches ever because all they did was the same schtik over and over again. They wasted twelve minutes of my life. F*ck them.
Just because we've seen it before, doesn't mean all stablemates now have to fight, you can have some do it, some that don't.
My issue is that we get something that absolutely should lead to a fight and doesn't (the Fale vs. Tonga and especially Fale vs. AJ G1 matches are the best examples of this). Similarly, we had Ishii pin Okada in the G1 last year and he STILL hasn't gotten a title shot almost a year later. If they're babyfaces they should have no problem wrestling each other in a good, clean, professional wrestling match for the world championship. They have this system of stables that is rarely ever relevant aside from the occasional heel interference, and even when the heels do interfere we rarely get babyfaces from the babyface's stable coming out to chase them away. Nine times out of ten the stables don't really matter. They're a kayfabe reason for why guys are teaming together in six/eight/ten-man tags but even that doesn't hold water because the various combinations of Tanahashi/Elgin/KUSHIDA/Taguchi never needed a reason to team together. All these stables really do (especially at this point, when it's not like Bullet Club really even interfere for each other anymore) is serve as a restriction to the booking which makes the booking of the G1 even worse due to lack of follow-up on things they're forced to do because of how they like to book the tournament, and create cards that are a lot less diverse over time than they should be. Why does it always have to be Roppongi Vice teaming up with Goto/Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI in a six-man against Bullet Club? Why can't it be reDRagon or the Sydal/Ricochet team (yes, I realize that neither of those teams are in New Japan anymore, but it's the general idea that is important).
cero2k wrote:
May 25th, '17, 12:03
I don't see it as two guys that didn't want to fight each other, this (and pretty much all other Suzuki Gun matches), you can tell that they come out with a plan, this time you had Taka and Taichi, that had planned not to fight each other, make it seem like they were, but just stall and get the time limit draw for a point each, as the time progressed, both men started to get an itch about that extra point, because even if they made a plan, they would still want to win the cup, so that's when they start actually messing with each other. at the end, it's all off, both want the 2 pts and and fuck it. Yeah, there was a low blow, but they're also a stable of thugs and heels, they do that and shake hands afterwards like nothing happened, they probably low blow each other all the time backstage having fun. You could see it in Taka's face sayng "you cheeky bastard, you got me". This isn't catchpoint, this is Suzuki Gun.
I saw nothing that showed them growing any more eager to touch each other until they did. And no, I don't see Suzuki-Gun sack-tapping each other backstage (I could see Rocky Romero going around sack-tapping people, but that's because Rocky Romero is one of the most annoying people in the history of wrestling). They're supposed to be deadly scary. They're Suzuki-Gun. They hurt people.
Maybe this scenario would have worked better at a later point in the tournament when there are fewer matches left to catch up if you're down on points so guys would be more desperate, but I just didn't see any of that here. It felt like two heels who went out there to troll the viewing audience.

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 28th, '17, 11:05

Les Thatcher announced that BJ Whitmer and Kelly Klein are getting married in July, and that he and KEVIN SULLIVAN will be in the wedding party. Kevin Sullivan at a wedding. That's a mental image that just doesn't compute.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Post by cero2k » May 28th, '17, 13:22

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 28th, '17, 11:05
Les Thatcher announced that BJ Whitmer and Kelly Klein are getting married in July, and that he and KEVIN SULLIVAN will be in the wedding party. Kevin Sullivan at a wedding. That's a mental image that just doesn't compute.
Satanists have weddings too! and I'm sure he was at the Nancy/Benoit wedding, he probably booked it himself

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 31st, '17, 16:55

surreal, but Eric Van Wagenen producer of Lucha Underground just name dropped me on a podcast. He remembers me for talking spanish.

kirbs2002
Favorite Wrestler: MsChif

Post by kirbs2002 » Jun 3rd, '17, 16:48

I guess this belongs?
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '17, 20:26

Jericho's full list of 1,004 holds:

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 6th, '17, 08:03

Randy Orton has AMAZING timing:

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 6th, '17, 20:19

... I've never heard of him having a son.

The daughter, Allanah, yeah , because she's on his arm.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 6th, '17, 23:35

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 6th, '17, 20:19
... I've never heard of him having a son.

The daughter, Allanah, yeah , because she's on his arm.
4 sons, 1 daughter. 2 different marriages i think, not sure if all sons are his

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '17, 11:58

Himoru Takahashi making Naito corpse for an hour during an interview

http://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_1000_13

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 8th, '17, 12:09

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 9th, '17, 09:56

A post about the ROH World Title match at BITW that is "sad but true" on many different levels:
supersonic wrote:You know ROH is no longer en vogue when VoW wants Cody to win here so that he curtails his NJPW bookings.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 9th, '17, 10:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 9th, '17, 09:56
A post about the ROH World Title match at BITW that is "sad but true" on many different levels:
supersonic wrote:You know ROH is no longer en vogue when VoW wants Cody to win here so that he curtails his NJPW bookings.
haha i'm seriously been really 50/50 on him being in G1. I wanna see what he can do against the greats, but it's still Cody matches every day

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 9th, '17, 10:08

cero2k wrote:
Jun 9th, '17, 10:02
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 9th, '17, 09:56
haha i'm seriously been really 50/50 on him being in G1. I wanna see what he can do against the greats, but it's still Cody matches every day
I think I'll enjoy him because he'll be a "change of pace" match on each show, which the G1 often badly needs. There's only so many times you can see a bunch of Japanese guys a few Tongans two Canadians hit each other in the face really hard. He'll be like his block's Yano, except not stupid, and his presence will actually be justifiable for a reason that's not "but we want to have a lot of guys in our tournament."
G1 is actually going to get quite the shake-up from the usual this year, with Shibata, Honma, and Tenzan all being out.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 11th, '17, 00:15

I secretly hope that Matt Riddle's middle name is Normolovo so that his name can be an anagram for "I am not Lord Voldemort."

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 11th, '17, 15:00

How has no one booked the Young Bucks in a match against Razor Ramon HG?

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 13th, '17, 00:36

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 11th, '17, 00:15
I secretly hope that Matt Riddle's middle name is Normolovo so that his name can be an anagram for "I am not Lord Voldemort."
*Throws Brm in the trash.*

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 14th, '17, 11:49

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 14th, '17, 15:27

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 13th, '17, 00:36
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 11th, '17, 00:15
*Throws Brm in the trash.*
How did I forget about this gem?!? Yeah, Self high-five!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 14th, '17, 21:40

Filthy Tom just referred to Corbin as looking like "a middle-aged vampire."

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008