The Greatest Of All Time

Tell it to the world!!
e-moose

The Greatest Of All Time

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 13:41

As y'all know, I always make a poll re: "WHO IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME?!!!", basing the list on total world championship reign time. Y'all may have noticed that the poll is not up yet. Just when I was about to do the poll, I realized that Edge is currently the World Heavyweight Champion, and I know that he was close to making the top 30 list the last time. Therefore, I am waiting to see if he holds the strap long enough to make the top 30 list before I make the poll.

One scary thing is, the guy he knocks out of the list. It may be Shawn Michaels which would be sad, but I remember there was about 5 guys who were all really close, barely making the list. Aside from the wrestlers who are obvious shoe-ins for the top 30 list, I'm gonna have to do some more research to determine just who Edge will be "edging out" of the top 30.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: The Greatest Of All Time

Post by cero2k » Jan 8th, '11, 13:43

moved topic

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 13:47

:-o Whoa!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 8th, '11, 13:53

e-moose wrote: :-o Whoa!
wait...what?? something i didn't see?? :-\

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 13:57

cero2k wrote:
e-moose wrote: :-o Whoa!
wait...what?? something i didn't see?? :-\
No, well, maybe, just, yeah the title makes it look more like it's a Blog/Column/Rant but really it's more like an announcement. But if "Announcements" is a section reserved for certain things, I understand.

The "Whoa!" is more my reaction to how fast you work cero. You are quick.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 8th, '11, 13:58

e-moose wrote:

One scary thing is, the guy he knocks out of the list. It may be Shawn Michaels which would be sad, but I remember there was about 5 guys who were all really close, barely making the list. Aside from the wrestlers who are obvious shoe-ins for the top 30 list, I'm gonna have to do some more research to determine just who Edge will be "edging out" of the top 30.
Who are your current shoe-ins?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 14:08

You know, guys like Thesz, Gagne, Sammartino, Race, Flair, Hogan, HHH, etc.... the guys who quite obviously have years of title history.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 8th, '11, 20:24

Are we counting only WWE, WCW, TNA, NWA, AWA, ECW? Or are organizations like WWA, USWA, World Class, & ROH included as well?

If USWA, then Jarrett & Lawler BOTH need to be included...

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 22:31

You know previously I counted NWA (up to 1991), AWA, WWF, WCW, TNA. Perhaps what I should do is use the old standard wrestling authority known as Pro Wrestling Illustrated and consider what they have recognized over time as "major world championships". I shall research.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '11, 13:20

e-moose wrote:You know previously I counted NWA (up to 1991), AWA, WWF, WCW, TNA. Perhaps what I should do is use the old standard wrestling authority known as Pro Wrestling Illustrated and consider what they have recognized over time as "major world championships". I shall research.
Their standard is very good, but I have one problem with it. They recognized ECW starting in 1999. They recognized TNA starting in 2004 (I think... it might have been later). However, with TNA, they granted all previous reigns recognized "world title" status, but didn't do so with ECW.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 14th, '11, 07:15

Big Red Machine wrote:
e-moose wrote:You know previously I counted NWA (up to 1991), AWA, WWF, WCW, TNA. Perhaps what I should do is use the old standard wrestling authority known as Pro Wrestling Illustrated and consider what they have recognized over time as "major world championships". I shall research.
Their standard is very good, but I have one problem with it. They recognized ECW starting in 1999. They recognized TNA starting in 2004 (I think... it might have been later). However, with TNA, they granted all previous reigns recognized "world title" status, but didn't do so with ECW.
I'm honestly bothered that the NWA doesn't still have World title status...its the only title actually defended the whold World over against actual international competition...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 14th, '11, 09:24

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I'm honestly bothered that the NWA doesn't still have World title status...its the only title actually defended the whold World over against actual international competition...
Don't forget about the GHC and IWGP crowns; they're defended all over the world as well....