Did you know about Layla El and Eve Torres?

Tell it to the world!!
womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Did you know about Layla El and Eve Torres?

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Jan 7th, '11, 13:44

Hey guys,

Here are some facts about Layla El and Eve Torres:

Layla and Eve and have 3 things in common:

#1) They're both WWE Diva Search Winners and they're the only 2 Diva Search Winners that are currently active in the WWE

#2) They're both Former WWE Divas Champions

#3) They're both successful Valets

Not in that particular order

Layla El is also the last woman to hold the WWE Women's Championship when she def. Beth Phoenix also known as The Glamazon

But here's a 4th thing that they have in common:

Believe it or not, they're both Former NBA Dancers

Layla El was a dancer for Carnival Cruise Lines. Following that, she began dancing for the NBA's Miami Heat franchise, where she danced for two years as part of the Miami Heat dance troupe where she also received a championship ring

During that time, she appeared on-stage with R&B/Soul Singer/Pianist John Legend as one of his backup dancers

She also danced for Rappers P. Diddy and Kanye West at the MTV Video Music Awards

During the ECW Days on Sci-Fi/Syfy, Layla El took part in the infamous Extreme Expose (WWE's Poor Version of The Nitro Girls) and teamed up w/Future TNA Valet Brooke Adams and Barbie Blank better known as Kelly Kelly

Layla along w/Kelly Kelly, Brooke Adams, WWE 2005 Diva Search Winner Ashley Massaro, Maryse and Torrie Wilson all appeared on Timbaland's Music Video entitled "Throw it on Me"

Her favorite dancers are The Queen of Pop Madonna, Janet Jackson and The Girl from the Block known as J-Lo

Eve Torres on the other hand is also a dancer

While attending the University of Southern California (USC), Eve Torres appeared in commercials and music videos

She was the co-captain of the USC Fly Girls dance squad and created much of their choreography

She also danced for The Southern California Summer Pro League, the only summer league for the NBA players, in Long Beach, CA

After graduating from college, she moved into dancing and modeling full-time

After reaching the tryout finals in previous years, she became a member of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers Spirit Dance Team for the 2006–07 season

She also appeared on the short-lived abc Game Show Show Me The Money w/Star Trek Legend William Shatner

Show Me the Money was Produced by Scott St. John Producer of Street Smarts, Deal or No Deal and 1 vs. 100

William Shatner is also best known as the host of Rescue 911 from 1989-1994, TekWar and 80's Supercop T.J. Hooker

Eve's Favorite Music Artist is Beyonce'

and here's another interesting fact:

In 2006, the Miami Heat won the 2006 NBA Championship for the very 1st time and it was the 4th time that Shaquille O'Neal won an NBA Championship when they def. the Dallas Mavericks 4-2 and Layla El won the 2006 WWE Diva Search and it was also that same year that WWE's 1st Diva Search Winner Christy Hemme jumped ship to TNA @ the 2nd Annual TNA Lockdown PPV

Fascinating

Layla El and Eve Torres both remain close friends w/each other in Real Life

They also remain Close Friends w/Former WWE Diva Turned TNA Knockout Lisa Marie Varon better known as Tara

and those are the facts on 2 NBA Dancers turned WWE Divas

Layla El and Eve Torres

Layla El as a Miami Heat Girl

Eve Torres as an LA Clipper Girl

Layla El as the last WWE Women's Champion

Eve Torres as the WWE Divas Champion

Layla El as a Valet for William Regal

Eve Torres as a Valet for R-Truth

Layla El, Brooke Adams and Kelly Kelly as Extreme Expose

Layla El, Brooke Adams, Kelly Kelly, Ashley Massaro, Maryse and Torrie Wilson presenting the RAW Audience w/a
Music Video

Lilian Garcia and Eve Torres on FSN's Best Damn Sports Show Period
ImageImage

Eve Torres teaming up w/Melina and they're Pretty in Pink and Purple

and here's a Music Video of Timbaland's Throw it on Me Featuring Layla, Brooke, Kelly Kelly, Ashley, Maryse and Torrie Wilson

Big Red Machine

Re: Did you know about Layla El and Eve Torres?

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '11, 15:30

I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them "successful" valets. They were "successful" in that they managed to walk down to the ring without falling over... but that's about it. Dawm Marie was a successful valet. Tammy Sytch was a successful valet. Miss Elizabeth was a successful valet. Layla and Eve... they were JUST valets.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Jan 7th, '11, 17:30

Big Red Machine wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them "successful" valets. They were "successful" in that they managed to walk down to the ring without falling over... but that's about it. Dawm Marie was a successful valet. Tammy Sytch was a successful valet. Miss Elizabeth was a successful valet. Layla and Eve... they were JUST valets.
That's my opinion, and personally, I never cared for Sunny, but I like Stacy Keibler though and I LOVE Miss Elizabeth and Dawn Marie

I like Eve and Layla as valets than wrestlers

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 7th, '11, 23:25

yes i know they were miami heat dancers dont even have to read the topic lol
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Jan 8th, '11, 00:06

KILLdozer wrote:yes i know they were miami heat dancers dont even have to read the topic lol
actually, Eve was an LA Clipper Girl, Layla was a Miami Heat Dancer

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 8th, '11, 01:43

yea i noticed that after i looked at it just to be sure i was right ,,yea whoops,,,it just seems like i heard of a few divas bein miami heat dancers so thats why i figured that,,,and since you mentioned em both in the topic i thought the did you know would be the same thing about both of them
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 9th, '11, 11:14

I don't think this constitutes as a "Did You Know"...
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 9th, '11, 11:19

yourcrapsweak wrote:I don't think this constitutes as a "Did You Know"...
This

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 9th, '11, 11:41

Topic moved to Blog/Column/Rant.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen